BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

11 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Dack may not be able to press like Dolan. And obviously that doesn't fit into the JDT philosophy. But he's the most intelligent player in our squad. Every time he's on the pitch he gets himself into dangerous positions. I agree he's not been given a fair crack of the whip. 

Where is this press that everyone writes Dack odd with? Dack can’t press? There’s not even a press from anyone anyway. 
The games I’ve been to and seen Dack - Hartlepool, Blackpool away, Stoke, Dacks been the one pressing the most 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I don't think Dack has had a fair crack of the whip to prove his fitness.

I have no evidence at all but I do wonder whether he is purposefully frozen out. He will be one of, if not the highest earner. Perhaps he's not in the long term plans at all and they are hoping for him to put in a transfer request in Jan.

Exactly---how can he prove his fitness if he doesn't play? the only evidence would be training which, tbf we don't see.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Exactly---how can he prove his fitness if he doesn't play? the only evidence would be training which, tbf we don't see.

Last season Dack had games for the U23's, he didn't look particularly fit in those matches. You ought to be able to prove fitness and an ability to play to the managers wants, in training. If Dack was showing this, I doubt he would be left out of the team for purely petty reasons. 

On Dack, has he ever looked like he's a bundle of energy? I would say not, BUT he's an intelligent player and can pick the right passes and pop up in the right place to score, much like he did on Tuesday. 

It's my main gripe with JDT so far, IMO of course, he isn't past it, nor have his legs given up on him, it's how Dack is and we should be accommodating him in the team.

When one of our best players and fans favourite is being left out it means the players in his place need to impress more than ever, if they don't then frustrations will continue to grow.

Today's squad selection will, imo, tell a lot about Dacks future at the club.

In a fleeting appearance against Cardiff he scored a disallowed goal and came very close to another and he didn't miss a penalty.

Dack said weeks ago that he was fully fit and the fittest he'd been in along time.

Lack of any match fitness is down to those running the circus.

If the club or JDT consider Hirst or Szmodics ahead of Dack as a general footballer or potential goal scorer then I fear for us.

Personally my theory is that the club have told JDT they want his wage of the books asap so make his remaining time at Rovers as difficult as possible.

There are plenty of fans who only follow the Party line so that will pass muster 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Today's squad selection will, imo, tell a lot about Dacks future at the club.

In a fleeting appearance against Cardiff he scored a disallowed goal and came very close to another and he didn't miss a penalty.

Dack said weeks ago that he was fully fit and the fittest he'd been in along time.

Lack of any match fitness is down to those running the circus.

If the club or JDT consider Hirst or Szmodics ahead of Dack as a general footballer or potential goal scorer then I fear for us.

Personally my theory is that the club have told JDT they want his wage of the books asap so make his remaining time at Rovers as difficult as possible.

There are plenty of fans who only follow the Party line so that will pass muster 

I really want Dack to be a success, but your second sentence could also read. Put the ball into the net,when the game had stopped, missed another chance, did not want to take a penalty.

• Like 1

Been a busy week for me so not had chance to post on here following Cardiff (which sounded v disappointing all round) & can't make today either.

Hopefully the inconsistency continues & we get 3 points, just as importantly though a decent performance would help quell a few nerves I think. Of course, what's decent for one fan is rubbish for another, so let's hope that we can look back at 5pm objectively happy with 3 points!

COYB!!

11 hours ago, frosty said:

The Millwall game last week was extremely boring, literally nothing happened in the first half.

like I said in Milwall match thread post-match the first half was two teams who didn't want to give anything away but our tempo of our attacking play was far too slow. When we up the tempo then teams struggle against us. 

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting how much JDT utilises the U21s for first team squad members, almost like a reserve team of old. TM certainly didn’t.

JDT likes most of squad to play at the weekend whether its first team minutes or under 21's minutes. 

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody else watch the England womens game tonight ? They’ve got the “ Dutch disease “ as well. They got in lots of trouble passing it around at the back. The USA goal came directly from an attempt by one of the centre halves to pass the ball out.

What really annoys me is when an outfield player has the chance to play it long and then chooses to give it to the goalkeeper to clear. There’s a reason one of them is an outfield player and the other is the goalkeeper.

No I didn't watch the England Women and tbh I didn't even know they were playing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting how much JDT utilises the U21s for first team squad members, almost like a reserve team of old. TM certainly didn’t.

I'm glad you've said that as when i said similar on a facebook post i got jumped on by 2 or 3 taking it as a dig at Mowbray.  The pathetic cult lives on but it wasn't a dig at all i didn't even mention his name.

Anyway of course he used to get a few fist team squad members a bit of time in there but there is a marked difference between first teamers coming back from injury, academy players stepping up but still flitting between the two. And established squad members not being picked and having it suggested to them they might want to think about the odd game for the youth.

It is definitely a thing with this head coach and his staff to put players in and keep them busy on Saturdays they aren't selected to be on 1st team duty.  Of course it makes it easier with the amount of youngsters making up the first team so there are no age issues.

Now it seems to be a requirement rather than an option which in my eyes is the right way to go.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

On Dack, has he ever looked like he's a bundle of energy? I would say not, BUT he's an intelligent player and can pick the right passes and pop up in the right place to score, much like he did on Tuesday.

Right. And how we've needed someone to play an intelligent pass in...near every other game. It has been infuriating watching some of these fellas playing half cooked sideways passes time and time again.

As you say, Dack has never, ever been a physical colossus, but he's a spark. He'll make the right move at the right time or alternatively will pick oit teammate's who make the moves for him.

56 minutes ago, rigger said:

I really want Dack to be a success, but your second sentence could also read. Put the ball into the net,when the game had stopped, missed another chance, did not want to take a penalty.

Indeed but it has been more or less proven that Hirst was managers choice to take any penalty taking into account those players onfield at that time.

It wasn't a case of asking others.

14 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Indeed but it has been more or less proven that Hirst was managers choice to take any penalty taking into account those players onfield at that time.

It wasn't a case of asking others.

So, an on-loan unproven penalty taker is higher on the list, than our penalty taker from a couple of seasons ago, strange in my eyes.  

Edited by rigger

Just got off the phone to my Dad to arrange picking him up for the game (he's a ST holder btw):

Me: "right Dad, I'll pick you up about half one"

Dad: "don't bother. I'm not going. They pissed me off on Tuesday with that dicking around in our own penalty area shit!"

Take note JDT. If a ST holder takes this view, you've not much chance of many walk-ons.

On the plus side, we usually win if he doesn't attend, so COYB.

• Like 3

Hope weve got a new penalty-taker if Diaz comes off.

Adam Wharton should certainly start. I know they say young lads need their game minutes managed but he would be in on merit.

Think Dolan gets an unfair amount of criticism. Granted the "headless chicken" style is unappealing but he does deliver in goals &. assists.

Hirst reminds me of Chris Brown(except in the price wanted-£5 million against free transfer). Early days but if we really want a non-scoring centre-forward, Jack Vale is at least decent with link-up play.

• Like 1