BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Nobody has won more games and we’re in the top 6 in mid October… I’ll drink to that! See you all on Tuesday 

On the other hand not many teams have lost as many as Rovers, great result today  breaking our hoodoo away from home. Lets hope we don't slip up at home after this result. We need to go on an unbeaten run like Burnley to get right in the mix for promotion contenders. I will be there Tuesday as usual come on the Rovers.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

1 hour ago, miqaayil said:

This is gonna be a tight season ...still ontrack for my prediction of top 2 position going into WC break

It's definitely doable, saying earlier that we're a point off top and we haven't even begun to click and play well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's definitely doable, saying earlier that we're a point off top and we haven't even begun to click and play well.

Can drop as low as 8th if results go against us for the game in hand. It’s like January 2022 all over again, don’t forget those games in hand!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

Can drop as low as 8th if results go against us for the game in hand. It’s like January 2022 all over again, don’t forget those games in hand!

Burnley's game in hand is against Norwich so they can't both win. 

I was just making the point that we haven't exactly pulled up any trees and we're a point off top. It's probably the weakest championship for a good while. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

The 'abuse' consisted of boos from a few when he was in possession of the ball and chants of 'Daragh, Daragh what's the score' and 'you should have stayed at the Rovers'. And when his name was read out pre match there was applause from many Rovers fans.

I'd wager there isn't another club whose fans get criticised by their own fans as much as Rovers.

Although I was told it was worse (I’ll take your word), I still think both of those chants and the boos are really, really poor. I admit i’m a little biased when it comes to Darragh. 

32 minutes ago, 1874 said:

I was only talking about todays game though

So what are you saying? Today he got destroyed by a quality right back, can happen alot of players. Other weeks he seems to struggle against any opponent that has even a slight bit of pace or trickery. Let's not pretend that today was a once off because Jones is quality. He is a concern most weeks. Would love to see us invest in a solid left back cause the rest of our defence is very good imo. A capable left back and we would be set.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Although I was told it was worse (I’ll take your word), I still think both of those chants and the boos are really, really poor. I admit i’m a little biased when it comes to Darragh. 

I hope you celebrated though when he scored for us today 😁😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

"Darragh, what's the score?" and "You should have stayed at Rovers" really poor? Get hold of yourself!

• Like 8

I thought the 5-3-2 formation suited us well today. I would like to see it more often. The only issue I had was that JDT didn’t really pick the right bench to make changes and stick with that formation. I thought Buckley and Hirst would have been better subs than Dolan and Szmodics for more like for like changes. Quality result though! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Really, really poor’?!

Come on J*B, it’s just standard and fairly tame football ‘banter’. I’d have expected nothing less from any set of fans. And I doubt DL would’ve batted an eyelid.

8 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

"Darragh, what's the score?" and "You should have stayed at Rovers" really poor? Get hold of yourself!

I get I’ll be in a minority, but I don’t like it. It’s a short career, to give 9 years gets my respect. I’d have much rather he was totally ignored for the duration. But I can admit my views won’t be the norm!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I thought the 5-3-2 formation suited us well today. I would like to see it more often. The only issue I had was that JDT didn’t really pick the right bench to make changes and stick with that formation. I thought Buckley and Hirst would have been better subs than Dolan and Szmodics for more like for like changes. Quality result though! 

Dolan and Szmodics were superb subs today and really put shifts in to keep Boro at bay

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Dolan and Szmodics were superb subs today and really put shifts in to keep Boro at bay

I agree with Szomdics yes, thought he really put a shift in and out himself about and got stuck in. Dolan gave the ball away a few times too cheaply and offered little in terms of retaining possession. Should also have made the game safe but for an awful touch which should have been routine for any pro footballer. 

• Like 1

Been tied up all day so been oblivious to the world of football.

Delighted with Rovers' win.....the bizarre sequence continues.  For feck's sake, let it end on Tuesday as I don't wont to see, IMO, the smug b@st@rd Mowbray leaving with a win.

We've an unbelievable opportunity this season in a p1ss poor league.  Come on JDT and Rovers, grab it with both hands.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, J*B said:

Agreed, which is why I’m disappointed Lenihan seemingly got 95 minutes of abuse from the Rovers fans today. I get light hearted mocking but it sounds like he got it big time today. 

That’s a man that spent 9 years of his career here, had the option to move earlier for more money and didn’t kick up too much of a stink, is a well respected captain and is liked at Brockhall, especially at the academy for which he did much more than he needed to.

He got to the age of a last big contract of his career and chose the most money, for a manager that tried to sign him before and really wanted him. And we’ve seemingly replaced him with someone at least as good!

Sometimes I despair, I really do. 

Well, it's nice of you to be so concerned but I wouldn't despair too much. I'm sure he'll feel better when he opens his banking app.

Edited by Gordon Ottershaw
  • Like 1