BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm not going to waste any more time on you. All the points have been made before. When have you ever had any criticism to make of the Club? Ever? Supporters aren't people who just suck up any old crap, they want their club to be the best it can be.

That's positive not negative.

Anyway seems like you disagree with Broughton so square off that circle!

Be interesting to see how Broughton deals with Brereton who seems to me like he is running down his contract

51 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I like Buckley but I don’t believe in rewarding failure. He’s had several chances this season to grab a shirt and he’s failed every time. I’d have him on the bench but we need to look elsewhere on Tuesday. The only thing he’s got going for him is he’s more experienced than the other players in the frame.

With 2 youngsters guaranteed to start, I’d say Buckley will get the nod on the last spot, purely on experience.
On the other hand I wouldn’t be disappointed if it was Garrett!
I just hope JDT doesn’t revert back to starting Szmodics. 

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

With 2 youngsters guaranteed to start, I’d say Buckley will get the nod on the last spot, purely on experience.
On the other hand I wouldn’t be disappointed if it was Garrett!
I just hope JDT doesn’t revert back to starting Szmodics. 

Personally worried that Buckley struggles with the deep lying midfield. He is prone to lazy tackling hence his booking at Cardiff where he just stuck out a foot. A team playing a high press down not give him time on the ball. His best football is when he plays in the gap just behind the forwards. 

We have seveeral players who can play in that position including Dack but if are to employ a deep lying midfielder Im struggling to think of one in the squad, although Ive not seen Garrett.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

According to the fans who’ve watched all of the candidates Garrett is the player in form. The only thing going against him is we’d be playing three central midfield players who haven’t got much more than 20 first team games between them.

I watch most U21s games, for me Mola  is a better choice for the defensive midfielder than Edun. Between Garrett and Mola I would say, it would be down to who the manager fancies. They both bring slightly different qualities. 

28 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Be interesting to see how Broughton deals with Brereton who seems to me like he is running down his contract

I think that one has gone don't you? He may go in Jan and we get something or he may go in the summer and we get nothing.

• Like 1

I'm sure this has been discussed earlier but that save from Kaminski! Can't get over it. Their player was so close to Kaminski that it just doesn't seem possible for him to get a strong hand on it in the fraction of a second he had.

One of the best I have ever seen at any level.

Sobering to think we'd have come away with a draw without it. We really must take more of our chances.

• Like 7

Sunderland have swapped between a 4-2-3-1 and a 3-4-3 this season under TM. Hard to place what they'll do at Ewood. I think Tony will respect our home form and come to be solid. I'd probably stick with the 3/5 back and adjust if we need to. Especially given Travis is out.

Kaminski

Brittain
Carter
Hyam
S. Wharton
Pickering

Morton
Garrett
A. Wharton

Brereton Díaz
Gallagher

Really like Buckley, but I can't see him starting him. Would be nice to see Garrett given a chance and we need someone to provide the bite with no Travis.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’s also Edun and Mola in contention for the Travis role. Maybe Garrett will start ?

Edun is someone id shift - simply not good enough. Mola, I bet he is sick to the back teeth of not getting much multi-flouride action on the pitch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 47er said:

I'm not going to waste any more time on you. All the points have been made before. When have you ever had any criticism to make of the Club? Ever? Supporters aren't people who just suck up any old crap, they want their club to be the best it can be.

That's positive not negative.

Anyway seems like you disagree with Broughton so square off that circle!

Actually it is your good self who I have a differing opinion to!

When I see things I don’t  agree with I voice my concerns to the club not on a message board, as is the case when I see good things both on and off the park. 
My post was about getting the right info out there about  the so called Big 3 who left for nothing!

It is my opinion none are missed, ambition wise? Rothwell is out of his depth as well being injured, Lenihans ambition is to try and keep his place, win over the Boro support and avoid relegation whilst Nyambe has to shed some timber, get fit and then try to get in wiggins first team whilst hoping that he gets the dream move in the summer!😂😂

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

When I see things I don’t  agree with I voice my concerns to the club not on a message board, as is the case when I see good things both on and off the park. 
My post was about getting the right info out there about  the so called Big 3 who left for nothing!

It is my opinion none are missed, ambition wise? Rothwell is out of his depth as well being injured, Lenihans ambition is to try and keep his place, win over the Boro support and avoid relegation whilst Nyambe has to shed some timber, get fit and then try to get in wiggins first team whilst hoping that he gets the dream move in the summer!😂😂

Rothwell was on the bench yesterday but didn’t get on.

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You certainly used to voice your concerns on a messageboard. Please stop with the condescending crap. 

35 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Yes you do as I have done recently. I suggested this last to 2 other posters about voicing the concerns and ideas to the club but neither seemed interest in doing so. 

35 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

My post was about getting the right info out there about the so called Big 3 who left for nothing!

You are right to do so, and your info is correct. 

31 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Probably more than Dack's managed all season.. 

Bu bu bu no, he MUST start every game because his blood is blue and white... 

Dack's game isn't about closing down and pressing from the front. His game is about creating, find spaces and goals. I think he will go in January, and I will wish him well, but he needs to find club and head coach/manager that will use in the 10 role and play him regular cos I don't think he will here

When he was in the mood Rothwell was a dangerous attacking player. No many players have the ability to take the ball past opponents from deep. I'd like to have seen him play at Ewood under a different manager who either believed in him more or was prepared to crack the whip. We'll never know now but on his day when he's playing well he's been missed

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rigger said:

I watch most U21s games, for me Mola  is a better choice for the defensive midfielder than Edun. Between Garrett and Mola I would say, it would be down to who the manager fancies. They both bring slightly different qualities. 

So what kind of player is mola and how has he done overall. Do you think he could step up to the first team with ease ?

I must admit I really thought we would struggle to replace the three lads that left . I’m delighted with there replacements and think we are stronger overall with the lads that have come in. Topped with the fact Adam Wharton looks the real deal

Edited by Oldgregg86

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So what kind of player is mola and how has he done overall. Do you think he could step up to the first team with ease ?

Mola is very strong in the tackle, and good at winning the ball back, although he does tend to get drawn forward to make tackles that maybe he shouldn't. He is more prone to be left-sided, but can run with the ball. He sees and can make good short passes. I think in a defensive midfield position, he could make the step up to first team. He is reasonably strong in the air, and I would think he would win most midfield aerial battles. For the U21s Mola has been used to cover at center-half, which in my opinion isn't his best position, but he has got on with the job he has been asked to do. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

but but but--- they were all worth something! Tell me which other Championship let 3 regulars go for nothing!

its nothing to do with whether we adequately replaced them or not.