BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

Obviously I know it won’t happen, but I’m sick to death of a number of our players, so I’d go with this:

Kaminski

Brittain   Hyam   Wharton   Pickering

Dolan     Wharton    Edun    Hedges

Dack

Brereton

Pears, Carter, Garrett, Gallagher, Harlock, Mola, Markanday

Assuming that Ayala signed off last night for his winter break:

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Dack Dolan

Brereton

Subs: Pears, Carter, Mola, Gallagher, Buckley, Szmodics, Hedges

Travis a reluctant pick with our lauded summer recruitment leaving us massively short in central midfield.

Markanday deserves a game, Hirst isn't needed in the squad.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Dack Dolan

Brereton

Travis a reluctant pick with our lauded summer recruitment leaving us massively short in central midfield.

Like that team but Morton for Travis…Travis drove me bonkers last night and it’s not his first poor performance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Obviously I know it won’t happen, but I’m sick to death of a number of our players, so I’d go with this:

Kaminski

Dack

Brereton

Edun? Really??? That's an overreaction.

Would be more than happy with the rest of it 

• Like 1

I would absolutely leave Travis out altogether and replace him with Jake Garrett who I believe can do what Travis does but a whole lot better. In reality I don't think there is a cat in hell's chance of this happening.

Travis could become to Tomasson what Lowe was to Bowyer.

• Like 5

I agree, this might be a game for younger, hungry players. Give ‘em a chance. Same ol’ same ol’ isn’t working. Adam Wharton & Markanday (why not?)

Meanwhile, Britain earns the start. Hirst needs to take a seat. 

We’ve got to expect a road win, to go with Swans & Blackpool roadies, this is vs #21 on the table,

1-2, good guys. 

• Like 1

Formations don't matter. If we play the same way, with the same negative away from home mindset and the same ineffective passing from the back game, we'll lose. It's as simple as that.

And assuming he's playing the immutable law of the ex says Lenihan will score

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Dack Dolan

Brereton

Nice idea, but Diaz or Gallagher for that matter will never be played through the middle here.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Imagine when we first had him on loan (where I thought he did a decent enough job as 6 foot plus young centre forward in a horror season), if someone had seen into the future and said ‘he’ll come back for £5million, BUT he will play as a wide man season after season. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Kaminski

Dack

Brereton

Jesus mate, I know Trav had a back game against Wigan but Edun isn't the answer. He's especially shite.

Kaminski

Wharton Travis Morton

Hedges Dack Brereton

That has to be the team for me. 

• Like 8

Reasonable set-up J*B, everyone bar Travis probably in on merit performance-wise with that team. 

Time to have one extra midfielder when we cant get one shot on target all game even with 4 forwards!

Talking of forwards ,Hirst should be nowhere near the team (along with JRC). In our glorious tradition of expensive non-scoring centre-forwards like  Grabbi or Kevin Davies, Martin Dahlin, Anthony Modeste all of whom were great elsewhere Hirsts statistics are however unconvincing and his performances so far the worst of all the forwards(not got Jack Vales link-up quality). Clearly Leicester have got the decimal point in the wrong position surely they meant £500,00 NOT £5 million. Anyone who pays £5 million for Hirst deserves the sack IMO. Then again they got £150 million(or so reported) for injury-prone Fofana plus Maguire. Caveat emptor comes to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Jesus mate, I know Trav had a back game against Wigan but Edun isn't the answer. He's especially shite.

Kaminski

Wharton Travis Morton

Hedges Dack Brereton

Looks good to me, I'd have Hedges and Brereton slightly further forward like a 4-3-1-2 and allow Dack to roam.

Not going to happen though is it.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Looks good to me, I'd have Hedges and Brereton slightly further forward like a 4-3-1-2 and allow Dack to roam.

Not going to happen though is it.

It’s not I agree. He will persist with the idea that we can languidly tap the ball around attempting to make the other team lose concentration through boredom. If he can’t find room for Dack amongst the dross we have then it really is blinkered. Great managers recognise their errors and adapt. Prepare for more of the same.  For me Dack on the pitch with a licence to roam. 

1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

It’s not I agree. He will persist with the idea that we can languidly tap the ball around attempting to make the other team lose concentration through boredom. If he can’t find room for Dack amongst the dross we have then it really is blinkered. Great managers recognise their errors and adapt. Prepare for more of the same.  For me Dack on the pitch with a licence to roam. 

A roaming Dack or Hirst/Gallagher out of position doing absolutely nothing at all?

Seems a simple choice doesn't it 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Kaminski

Wharton Travis Morton

Hedges Dack Brereton

Not a bad shout.

However, I think Travis is so sh1te I would question if Edun could be any worse!?

I would be surprised if we see Ayala again this calendar year   Think it was unnecessary madness for JDT to play Ayala for 4 games in 12 days given his injury record.  Surely  Carter could have slotted in for at least 1 game.

IMO, Szmodics and Hirst should be well away from the starting 11.  In fact, Hirst should not even be in the match 19 as I would go with either Vale (and I don't rate him) or Leonard before Hirst.

Dack simply has to start.

As for match outcome, our bizarre sequence says we should win, however, M'boro may well have their new manager at least sat in the stands which may well fire them up enough to see us off.

Another freebie if I wanted but after Wigan, no thank you!

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So to me this means neither Dack, A Wharton or Markanday will be playing this sat?? If so then that’s unforgivable IMO

CD18B57A-01FD-4943-BA7E-A0A141270F2C.png

Some of those are guaranteed to be on the bench on Saturday, it is only Wednesday. They need to use tonight to impress. 

Was considering driving up for this one but having a rethink after that non event last night.  Don't mind travelling a hundred miles and spending a small fortune but losing as long we turn up with the intention of having a go at some point. Doubt there'll be more than 5/600 there.

Boro  2   Rovers  0