BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

Don't often feel like this but expecting a loss... we just don't have it on the road at the moment.

On the other hand, the meltdown on this message board when we go down 2-0 will go down in history as the biggest a football fans forum has ever seen so every cloud!

I obviously want to win, but what I really want to see is some attacking intent. I could take a loss if we show some sort of signs moving forwards that we could be an effective team on the road, rather than the dull, passive, unimposing team we've seen for most of the season.

I know it's a results based business, but I think it's imperative we start seeing positive signs for the season. Us limping to a 0-0 draw with 0 shots on target will just tell me that our problems remain. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

There’s no reason why Travis, Morton and Wharton can’t play in the same team. Would actually give us a chance of linking defence to attack.

This. There's never enough options when the team have it at the back, as the 4 'strikers' are miles away and any passes into our 2 man midfield are easily crowded out and telegraphed. 

• Like 2

Too much piddling around in the back. Have to do more than punt it to nobody in particular. 

Dolan races around the pitch, trying to be high energy, but lacks intent. Still, he shows more life than several of our zombies. 

Start A. Wharton, Britain, & give Markanday a runout. Dolan. This team needs to do more than shuffle around the back.  

20 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Too much piddling around in the back. Have to do more than punt it to nobody in particular. 

Dolan races around the pitch, trying to be high energy, but lacks intent. Still, he shows more life than several of our zombies. 

Start A. Wharton, Britain, & give Markanday a runout. Dolan. This team needs to do more than shuffle around the back.  

20 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I agree about A. Wharton and Brittain, but I would say Hedges is more useful than Markanday

Edited by rigger

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

My intent was to get some energy on the pitch. I like Hedges, but Markanday scored for U21’s, and I’d love to see him get a runout. 

Glad Sheron’s side won in PL Cup over Wolfsburg! 

My take on Markanday for the U21s, was that when he had to think he invariably lost the ball. When he didn't have time to think, he scored a cracking volley. 

5 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Don't often feel like this but expecting a loss... we just don't have it on the road at the moment.

On the other hand, the meltdown on this message board when we go down 2-0 will go down in history as the biggest a football fans forum has ever seen so every cloud!

At the moment Blackburn Rovers are generous at giving struggling teams 3pts on the road. It's a total transformation away from home, giving the ball away, going a goal down and excepting defeat. At home we've played some fantastic football at times. JDT should make the team sit through a video of the defeats on the road 2 or 3 times over. Not good enough for the loyal away supporers who turn up.

We are yet to see the best of brittain and this is due to JDT restricting him from doing what he is best at. Brittain natural game is to bomb up, dribbling past players and putting wicked balls into the box. Its sad that when i see him play with the ball he is just passing for the sake of passing sideways and backwards. 

I would love JDT to mix up our play, let players play with some freedom, play with some attacking intent. I mean if we lose the ball in the opposition half its better than losing in and around our own defence.

Teams WILL have figured us out by now and if we keep playing the way we do a team will come an press us with high energy forcing us into more errors like we saw in the last game.

My team is 

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam S.Wharton Pickering

Morton A.Wharton

Hedges   Dack   Brereton-Diaz

Hirst

Subs: - Pears, Carter, Travis, Buckley, Gallagher, Dolan, Szmodics        

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team is 

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam S.Wharton Pickering

Morton A.Wharton

Hedges   Dack   Brereton-Diaz

Hirst

Subs: - Pears, Carter, Travis, Buckley, Gallagher, Dolan, Szmodics        

Feckin hell Chaddy - Hirst!

I think an empty dustbin would be more useful!

• Like 1

My team would be:

Kaminski 

Hyam Ayala Wharton 

Brittain                              Pickering 

Travis Wharton Morton

Hedges

Diaz

This can only work if the wing backs are allowed to bomb down the wings.. 

Dolan / Markanday / Dock would be options to mix things up post half time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

99% of this site said the same about Brereton.

Obviously the 99% were proved wrong. However, mitigating factors when BB was getting stick was that he had a big price tag around his neck. So high expectations, the need for what was a big, big money signing for modern day BRFC to come good. But he had time to turn it round as he was 19 to 21 years old in his poor spell and was obviously our player.

Whereas this lad is nearly 24, still being farmed out on loan and looks off the standard required. No real angst about it, he’s just a loanee that thus far doesn’t look much cop. C’est la vie, we’ve had plenty of those this past decade, and I imagine many more to follow! ‘Next!’

Edited by Mattyblue

9 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

You weren’t here during the dark times of the lizard king Kean! 

34 minutes ago, Gav said:

99% of this site said the same about Brereton.

I don’t think it was that skewed. Many could see potential. Ben also never stopped trying and you could see half the problem was confidence. Hirst looks like he can’t even run and barely tried to get involved midweek.