BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

interesting team selection. Surprised he stuck back 3 and I hope BBD and Gallagher play as main strikers and not split strikers like we have seen before from Mowbray. I also hope we match Boro in midfield with 3 against 3. 

I think Brittain, BBD and Hyam are key to us winning this game. 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

What is making you think this? A hunch? He’s not even shown a glimmer and his recent goal scoring record is terrible. He’s a waste of a place. Didn’t you think Vale would come good(he’s a far better option than Hirst IMO btw)?  

It's based on what I have seen with Hirst and what I think his strengths are. His goal scoring record last season was it? 

on Vale, I think he will come good and will play a part in the season in the coming weeks and months 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

interesting team selection. Surprised he stuck back 3 and I hope BBD and Gallagher play as main strikers and not split strikers like we have seen before from Mowbray. I also hope we match Boro in midfield with 3 against 3. 

I think Brittain, BBD and Hyam are key to us winning this game. 

It's based on what I have seen with Hirst and what I think his strengths are. His goal scoring record last season was it? 

on Vale, I think he will come good and will play a part in the season in the coming weeks and months 

And Tomasson.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems to be continuing to pick his players and indeed formation out of a hat, lets hope todays random selection works.

Seems counter productive to off the back of a game that we didn't have a shot on target to then go to only 2 attacking players.

Still no Dack, and not sure why Phillips starts.

cos JDT wants to play a back 3 clearly which I guess what's sense with Boro playing a front 2 even tho I would have gone 4 at the back. Guess it allow Brittain and Pickering to get more forward

We need to control the centre midfielder area to playing a midfield 3 makes sense and then hopefully we play a proper front 2. 

Can Dack play in front 2 or midfield 3? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Imo, 3 at the back with wing backs is our way forward, as it's given us our best performances this season.

How it is supported by midfield and forwards should be what we vary, but the defence should remain imo.

Incidentally, 3 at the back is what Mowbray kept trying but could never get right, so I do actually view this as a positive point for JDT.

Our best run last season that got us to second was 343  Lenihan, Van Hecke and Wharton across the back and Travis, Rothwell in the middle and Buckley as false 9.

So he didp get three CB to work very well for a while but then it fell apart in Jan/Feb  for unclear reasons. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

My team would be:

Kaminski 

Hyam Ayala Wharton 

Brittain                              Pickering 

Travis Wharton Morton

Hedges

Diaz

This can only work if the wing backs are allowed to bomb down the wings.. 

Dolan / Markanday / Dock would be options to mix things up post half time.

So we actually not to far away from this?!