BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

There was a huge clue on Wednesday at the under 21 match as to how Rovers will line up defensively. After 65 minutes both Carter and Phillips were taken off. I immediately thought about Ayala going off at Wigan and assumed they were both taken off with a view to one of them starting today.

Yeah that's a good shout tbf. Perhaps it's a back 5 again then. 

• Like 1

There was a lad used to play for Rovers up front, many years ago, who whenever he got the ball I always used to think there was the chance of a goal. More often than not, his getting possession of the ball was followed by the team mounting a dangerous attack, many of which turned into goals. Not once, when this lad was with the club, did I ever think, 'oh crap, give it to someone else' or did I have the strong expectation that nothing was going to happen - not once.

His name... ?He has several..

Simon Garner

David Speedie

Alan Shearer

Matt Jansen

Craig Bellamy

Andy Cole

Jordan Rhodes (Scores when he wants)

The phrase 'not fit to polish his boots' goes through my head when I compare our loan striker options with any of the above, because sadly when they get the ball this season, all I expect is for us to lose possession and concede.

Oh I do wish the players would read what we write on here and ram it back down our throats sometimes, but I don't think there's any danger of us choking on righteous footballing indignation just now... my apologies for the below...

Today, Boro 0 - Rovers 5  Ram away, muddafokkas!

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler
Fat, round, I'd roll around the ground, for BRFC, BRFC!

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong. I pick Hirst cos I think there is player there just like I said about BBD a few years ago

What is making you think this? A hunch? He’s not even shown a glimmer and his recent goal scoring record is terrible. He’s a waste of a place. Didn’t you think Vale would come good(he’s a far better option than Hirst IMO btw)?  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Hirst starts for the U21s, so that ends that hunch. 

Along with Markanday, Buckley, Mola, Edun & JRC. They haven't seen much first team action between them. JRC and Edun are no surprise, they aren't good enough.

Absence is making Markanday better as time goes on, perhaps, he's just not good enough either?

Buckley is a bit of a surprise, not everyone rates him but he has shown ability in the past, seems to be regressing.

We sign Mola and he's no where to be seen either.

Edited by davulsukur

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Ayala out injured, so thinking he might switch to a back 4. We need to stop playing our lumbering oafs on the right and put them through the middle. Hirst has done absolutely nothing to warrant a start, so Gallagher gets the nod. Dack in his best position in behind the striker.

1665817408868.png

Hard to disagree with that, although I'd like us to actually press and attack for once. 

698007895_Screenshot_20221015-124400_MyLineup.thumb.jpg.11d21518b221d9f99215d775046b8d3f.jpg

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Not at all, I was merely pointing out this site doesn’t exactly have a great record when it comes to spotting talent, hence why we’re all mechanics, teachers, IT professionals and not football managers. 

Posters on this site have as much chance of being right or wrong about players as most managers Gav.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Claptrap.

Keith Andrews?

Matty Holmes ?

Matt Dickens?

Chris Brown?

If we had a list of poor signings there would be hundreds of them.

you always run posters on this site down Gav. They have as much of an idea of a good player as anyone else. Including managers.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, den said:

Keith Andrews?

Matty Holmes ?

Matt Dickens?

Chris Brown?

If we had a list of poor signings there would be hundreds of them.

you always run posters on this site down Gav. They have as much of an idea of a good player as anyone else. Including managers.

Claptrap.

Jordan Rhodes, need I say more?

Two different issues. After decades of watching football, can many fans ‘spot a player’, someone with something about him? I’d say yes.

Does that mean they can improve them, get the best out of them, motivate them and so on? No, that’s what managers are paid for.

• Like 2

Not all football managers are elite. Alot happen to be ex players or connected to the game and hence get into it. Majority don't have superior football knowledge compared to most football fans. They buy alot of shite and make alot of mistakes. If someone think Dack is quality and should be playing, you can't pull the "the manager doesn't agree" card and think that ends the argument because it suits you.

• Like 1

We just simply cannot have a repeat of Wigan away. Then again, I said that against, Luton & Cardiff but we still played the same tactics.

Travis & Morton need an extra body in the middle (Wharton). Also Dack has to start.

if we see the above I can see a draw. However if it’s a similar setup to previous, I see a thrashing defeat.

3-1 Boro

Edited by BankEnd Rover

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’d wager Hirst will have under 10 Championship goals in three years time. He’s terrible.

As for today, like most on here I expect our WL sequence to come crashing to an end! Fear our away performances will lead to a drubbing sooner or later, and today could be that day.

I agree but my response was to the Brereton getting stick comparison. Even if he was a superstar in the making we need to plan for now, not three years time. We'll come a cropper if we continue to rely on the likes of Hirst to contribute a decent amount of goals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

I agree but my response was to the Brereton getting stick comparison. Even if he was a superstar in the making we need to plan for now, not three years time. We'll come a cropper if we continue to rely on the likes of Hirst to contribute a decent amount of goals.

Agreed. You can't allow players 3 years to come good. Brereton was rightly questioned, let's not rewrite history. He just happened to turn it around during a freak pandemic where the pressure was off. Alot don't.

• Like 2

Identifying talent is often difficult, but a much tougher task is predicting how they will perform. All of us have followed sports for years, to see our team sign Tarzan, alas, who plays like Jane. 

Nobody on here is 100% right about everything. If we are, we’re in the wrong line of work, for sure.