BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

33 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dack can`t be happy having to play posh reserve team football tonight,especially when he is 3 times the player szmodics is,i expect him to be off in january,probably to somewhere where they appreciate a good footballer

If he ends up at Sunderland i'll be raging.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dack can`t be happy having to play posh reserve team football tonight,especially when he is 3 times the player szmodics is,i expect him to be off in january,probably to somewhere where they appreciate a good footballer

Not before he takes us for the full balance of his contract or at least on terms that Bradley is very happy with, I hope.

He is being treated abysmally.

However Rovers playing like last night and quite a few other games could see him soon being used in the starting team as those running the circus come to terms with the plain fact that some of their recruitment is pants.

Whether the teams needs overrides the desire to reduce wages remains to be seen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

On Dack playing u21s, Sharpe saying: 

"Dack hasn't stopped talking and cajoling all night"

Make him captain instead of Travis.

bit harsh on travis,who is hamstrung by the managers tactics imo,taking the ball so deep is not his game,said it many times this season,play football in their half not your own,jdt seemingly likes to do it the other way

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I would absolutely leave Travis out altogether and replace him with Jake Garrett who I believe can do what Travis does but a whole lot better. In reality I don't think there is a cat in hell's chance of this happening.

Travis could become to Tomasson what Lowe was to Bowyer.

Travis has become very similar to Lowe in being largely ineffective. He has poor passing no vision lacks pace and is a yellow or red card waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

You and me both.

Dack to Sunderland and we're left with Szmodics and Hirst. 

IF it happened, it would be dreadful management by JDT.

It's probably over his head anyway i can't accept he's daft enough to not recognise Dacks talent, something else is at play here.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Dack just doesn't suit the system we play. I always thought you should build a system around your best players but what do I know. 

He'll be off in January and who can blame him. He's too good to be on the bench and he needs to play regular first team football at his age. His career is slipping away, especially after already having had 2 years without playing football. 

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Dack just doesn't suit the system we play. I always thought you should build a system around your best players but what do I know. 

He'll be off in January and who can blame him. He's too good to be on the bench and he needs to play regular first team football at his age. His career is slipping away, especially after already having had 2 years without playing football. 

If Dack doesn’t suit the system then by default, neither does Szmodics. I understand the point you’re trying to make, but Dack offers things to the team that Szmodics doesn’t just as much as the other way. 

• Like 3

Good to see Travis saying that the players need to step up and take responsibility for their terrible way form and inconsistent  performances. Very rare in this day and age to see someone in the workplace looking at things this way.

• Like 2

I want to see the following formation please. Three at the back, two wing backs, three in midfied, two up front. As soon as we do it I am sure we will see a big improvement. Such a simple change... Dack plays in midfield and number 10 areas, not as a "false 9" and Gally and BBD look to play through the middle mostly, not run the wings. Britain and Pickering are expected to provide the width.

Ayala out due to injury.

Kaminski

Carter      Hyam    Wharton

Brittain     Travis    Dack    Morton     Pickering

Gallagher     Brereton

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

And the system we play isn't working but Tomasson, like his predecessor seems too stubborn to change. Dack brings people into play, creates space for others, still has a wonderful touch and is a six yard box predator. The fact some players can run Xkm each game is immaterial now as opponents have sussed this and plan accordingly. Dack brings an element of the unknown and plays off the cuff which is badly needed after the predictable garbage served up recently.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Our whole team doesn’t suit the system we are playing 😂

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I'm not even sure on this. Our system was promised as a high press, high intensity system, which Dack perhaps wouldn't suit. But we've completely departed from that in favour of a more pedestrian style of pressing.

He maybe doesn't suit the fluid front 3/4 we go for, but it doesn't look like any of the others do either. I'd argue he suits it more than some of the others simply because he's a better footballer. 

Ultimately, it's all a bit of a moot point given we barely play in the opposition half. No doubt Dack will have been criticised previously by JDT for coming deep for the ball, but I can't blame him as we show no urgency to get the ball forward - and I'm not advocating long ball, but a few forward passes (rather than side to side) wouldn't go amiss. 

Rovers play plenty of  long ball, they cover it by calling it a long diagonal pass, usually played poorly.

No point in playing long ball down the centre to our small fake 9s

The keeper sometimes kicks long, usually to the wings, usually quite badly.

There is nothing, and there has never been, anything wrong in a long ball game if you have the players that can make a long ball into a long pass and if you have the players that can receive.

The ball can travel faster than any player ever has or ever will.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

19 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So to me this means neither Dack, A Wharton or Markanday will be playing this sat?? If so then that’s unforgivable IMO

CD18B57A-01FD-4943-BA7E-A0A141270F2C.png

This is our 11 vs M’bro? 😂(Other than Pears, please say yes) 

Seriously, our U21’s have rescued their season. Our first team is still only 3 points off the top, playing #21, even on the road, surely, we need to expect a win Saturday.