BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I want to see the following formation please. Three at the back, two wing backs, three in midfied, two up front. As soon as we do it I am sure we will see a big improvement. Such a simple change... Dack plays in midfield and number 10 areas, not as a "false 9" and Gally and BBD look to play through the middle mostly, not run the wings. Britain and Pickering are expected to provide the width.

Ayala out due to injury.

Kaminski

Carter      Hyam    Wharton

Brittain     Travis    Dack    Morton     Pickering

Gallagher     Brereton

3 at the back has been working quite well, however, I think that Pickering on the left is miles better suited to a traditional left back role. Playing pie in the sky football manager and expecting another defeat I'd go with the potentially suicidal 4 attackers. 

Kaminski

Brittain   Hyam    Wharton  Pickering

Travis      Morton 

Dack   

Hedges       Gallagher     Brereton

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

3 at the back has been working quite well, however, I think that Pickering on the left is miles better suited to a traditional left back role. Playing pie in the sky football manager and expecting another defeat I'd go with the potentially suicidal 4 attackers. 

Kaminski

Travis      Morton 

Dack   

There’s 6 midfielders and strikers there and only one has a tackle in them. We’d get absolutely pulverised with that team. 

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s 6 midfielders and strikers there and only one has a tackle in them. We’d get absolutely pulverised with that team. 

Oh, I know. Hence me caveating it with "potentially suicidal". I don't expect a win so why not go down swinging? 

Ideally I'd have a 3rd central midfield player and drop either Gallagher or Hedges, but Rovers don't have anyone capable. Buckley is too lightweight. Wharton Jr. is close but similar to Morton. Could Mola do it? I don't know anything about him.

4 hours ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

We didn't realise how good we had it when John Williams was running the show did we!

He certainly wouldn't have made 23 year old Hirst his main striker target when our only other senior option is Gallagher.

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Kaminski

Travis      Morton 

Dack   

With the squad we have i reckon 4-4-2 suits us. It worked well against Rotherham.

It's impossible to believe we'll have the same game plan as vs Cardiff and Wigan, erm isn't it?

There's been some poor performances and naive decisions so far under JDT, but I'm not writing him off and slitting my wrists just yet.

Dack simply has to be involved for at least 45 mins or fans are going to keep voicing opinions and showing frustration, especially if we're not performing.

I'd also like to see Markanday get some minutes. In the cup games and u21 games he's been decent. 

Hirst doesn't seem much better than Chris Brown up to now so he can't start.

Kaminski

Brittain
Hyam
Ayala
S. Wharton
Pickering

A. Wharton
Travis
Morton

Brereton Díaz
Gallagher

Get the full backs high. Pack the midfield with players who can operate under pressure in AW & TM. Defend the box well with a very solid back three that rivals anyone in the league. Wigan wasn't the game for 5ATB, this most definitely is.

Can Morton operate under pressure? The winner on Tuesday night came from him dawdling on the ball.

I am against the idea of constantly flipping between formations, it goes against the hope of building familiarity and consistency. We didnt have a shot on goal on Tuesday so to make the team even more defensive seems counter productive. Dack has to start and Markanday has a very strong case too.

• Like 2

Fook it 

Kaminksi

Hyam       S. Wharton    Ayala

Brittain                                 Pickering 

Travis   A. Wharton 

Dack 

Markandy     BBD

13 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I want to see the following formation please. Three at the back, two wing backs, three in midfied, two up front. As soon as we do it I am sure we will see a big improvement. Such a simple change... Dack plays in midfield and number 10 areas, not as a "false 9" and Gally and BBD look to play through the middle mostly, not run the wings. Britain and Pickering are expected to provide the width.

Ayala out due to injury.

Kaminski

Carter      Hyam    Wharton

Brittain     Travis    Dack    Morton     Pickering

Gallagher     Brereton

It honestly is that simple. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Markanday has a very strong case too.

Based on what? A volley against Wolfsburg? Have you seen the way he played for the full 90...

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Based on what? A volley against Wolfsburg? Have you seen the way he played for the full 90...

How was he Joe? Something came up and I missed the match unfortunately.

From the brief bits I’ve seen of Markanday he looks creative but inconsistent. I worry how that would translate against first team championship opposition, but I’d certainly have him ahead of Hirst if we must insist on wide strikers. Not sure he’d get ahead of Dolan or Hedges though, and continued use of Gallagher there  is a different discussion.

Edited by Miller11

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

How was he Joe? Something came up and I missed the match unfortunately.

From the brief bits I’ve seen of Markanday he looks creative but inconsistent. I worry how that would translate against first team championship opposition, but I’d certainly have him ahead of Hirst if we must insist on wide strikers. Not sure he’d get ahead of Dolan or Hedges though, and continued use of Gallagher there  is a different discussion.

Creative but inconsistent. He's weak in the challenge. The Wolfsburg LB was their best player, but was that because he was genuinely a level above his teammates, or was Markanday poorer than his teammates? I'd say a mixture. He has a turn of speed but can't maintain it over longer distances. His finishing is great, but 1v1 dribbling he's often guilty of trying too much. Good movement. No better than Dolan for me, but a young player who can definitely improve. For me, an Armstrong type who'd be better in the future as a 9 getting in behind the back line.

Edited by JoeH

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Creative but inconsistent. He's weak in the challenge. The Wolfsburg LB was their best player, but was that because he was genuinely a level above his teammates, or was Markanday poorer than his teammates? I'd say a mixture. He has a turn of speed but can't maintain it over longer distances. His finishing is great, but 1v1 dribbling he's often guilty of trying too much. Good movement. No better than Dolan for me, but a young player who can definitely improve. For me, an Armstrong type who'd be better in the future as a 9 getting in behind the back line.

Their LB was some unit. A total miss match.

The full match is now on Rovers TV

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Yes, I went... He can make things happen it seems from the very little we have seen of him. His chance more comes from many others offering so little.

Edited by roversfan99