BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

Kaminski

Hyam Phillips Wharton

Brittain Wharton Travis Morton Pickering 

Brereton Gallagher. 

Can’t argue with that really. Phillips now officially ahead of Carter, which surprises me. Slight change of formation to be less attacking. I think we need a level of consistency with formations to break the inconsistent form. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Kaminski

Hyam Phillips Wharton

Brittain Wharton Travis Morton Pickering 

Brereton Gallagher. 

Can’t argue with that really. Phillips now officially ahead of Carter, which surprises me. Slight change of formation to be less attacking. I think we need a level of consistency with formations to break the inconsistent form. 

I take your point but we couldn't have been any less attacking if we'd tried at Wigan. 

We need to strengthen in the middle, take control there and we might be able see some tangible improvements.

• Like 1

Happy to see the 3 in the middle. Should stop that space just being a huge void now. Also good to see a proper RB/RWB playing. 
The correct players dropped from Wigan - just hope we see more than 5 mins of Dack this time 

Lenihan header from a Giles cross 1-0 Boro anyone?

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

4 changes is fair enough,not sure why hedges has to make way,he`s been arguably our best player this season,hopefullu it`s 3/5/2,xtra man in midfield to stop us getting overrun

lenihan back in for them,hope he has a nightmare😊

Was going to say this, harsh on Hedges but it may be for the greater good but he has been very good this season.

I can't even complain about Tomassons line ups anymore, just feels there's always just about a 50/50 chance of us winning or losing regardless of the starting 11 and formation

Although just personally I am really starting to hate 3 at the back garbage. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Imo, 3 at the back with wing backs is our way forward, as it's given us our best performances this season.

How it is supported by midfield and forwards should be what we vary, but the defence should remain imo.

Incidentally, 3 at the back is what Mowbray kept trying but could never get right, so I do actually view this as a positive point for JDT.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2