BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

We will struggle this tournament, our defence is shite

Is it? White is playing out of his skin at arsenal.  Maguire is still a good England player.  Stones has Been solid for city. We conceded just two goals at the euros.  It ain't shite

• Like 1

we`ve got some class attacking players and bags of pace in the side,be better if we just concentrated on attacking,i feel southgate overplays his tactical nous,he has`nt got any but has big ideas that he has,iv`e never understood why he plays 2 holding midfielders when he`s got really good offensive players,he`s a gold plated mowbray really,his club record is`nt exactly stellar and he possibly only got the job because he`s a pleasant individual who won`t come straight out with any harsh words about the ref or the opposition,precisely why brian clough did`nt get the job when he`d won the league,two european cups, the league cup and deposed the mighty liverpool with a provincial side

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Just a week ago some of us were celebrating England winning the T20 Cricket World Cup ! Not much disappointment there.

England struggled so badly in the last football World Cup they got to the semi-final.

Outliers in a catalogue of failure, which you well know

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

I guess we are at an impasse.  

Out of interest, how much of your interest in a World Cup starts and ends with England's involvement?

I find the whole thing exciting, all 8 groups, I will be wishing England to win as much as anyone , but I love the days with 4 matches and I am excited to see all teams. The big teams and the big players like Mbappe, Neymar, Messi etc that I don't see weekly, the strong underdogs like Denmark, Serbia, Uruguay, Senegal, Croatia and even USA with really talented players, and even the more minor countries like Canada, Morocco, Poland etc with a couple of stand out players trying to drag average players with them.

I think you come across as someone who is so fixated on England that even when you watch other games, your whole mindset is based on how those teams compare to England, and if we went out in the group stage, your general interest would fizzle out. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I shall put Qatar v Ecuador on shortly and will no doubt be frustrated with a continued over emphasis on England to the point that minimal research about todays 2 teams will be done and a long interview in the England camp will take priority.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

If you need alcohol to have fun and have a good time then you need to re-evaluate your life,but i don't agree with promising Alcohol sales then taking them away so late.

They never intended in stadium alcohol sales outside of hospitality.

A false promise, it could never have been "policed" in stadium.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, how much of your interest in a World Cup starts and ends with England's involvement?

I find the whole thing exciting, all 8 groups, I will be wishing England to win as much as anyone , but I love the days with 4 matches and I am excited to see all teams. The big teams and the big players like Mbappe, Neymar, Messi etc that I don't see weekly, the strong underdogs like Denmark, Serbia, Uruguay, Senegal, Croatia and even USA with really talented players, and even the more minor countries like Canada, Morocco, Poland etc with a couple of stand out players trying to drag average players with them.

I think you come across as someone who is so fixated on England that even when you watch other games, your whole mindset is based on how those teams compare to England, and if we went out in the group stage, your general interest would fizzle out. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I shall put Qatar v Ecuador on shortly and will no doubt be frustrated with a continued over emphasis on England to the point that minimal research about todays 2 teams will be done and a long interview in the England camp will take priority.

I plan to watch a lot but I'm watching the darts at present and not the opening stuff.

If only Michael could finish his chances!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Just a week ago some of us were celebrating England winning the T20 Cricket World Cup ! Not much disappointment there.

England struggled so badly in the last football World Cup they got to the semi-final.

exactly. Jim didn't think we would win the semi Final. 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Why such a pessimist all the time? 

It all comes back to attitude in life and life situations

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I will watch many games I want to watch. Germany vs Spain in the group stages is one the highlights. I am looking forward to seeing France, Brazil, Canada, USA and Senegal play. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I just hope we get a good game between Qatar vs Ecuador. Don't know much about either side but just want to see good open game. 

Not too much focus on England from BBC. 

• Like 1