BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope he does, but I dont think the opinions are unfair, especially compared to Foden who I think is a brilliant player.

I like Foden too.

Just seems everytime we doubt Sterling, he shows up in the big games. 

He was on crap form for City last year before Euros. Probably why he was eventually sold.

But was our player of tournament. 

That earns big credit in the bank surely. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I admit I slagged rovers off because of Mowbray.  Not slagging a whole country like Jim does 

A whole country?

One World Cup win and one Euro final. How does that compare to our European neighbours and big rivals - Germany, France, Spain and Italy? We're supposed to be a leading football nation but the reality is we aren't. We're worse than the Netherlands and the best you can say is we are on a par with the likes of Denmark and Greece.  You hope (always hope) England do well but you have to say it's highly unlikely

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A whole country?

One World Cup win and one Euro final. How does that compare to our European neighbours and big rivals - Germany, France, Spain and Italy? We're supposed to be a leading football nation but the reality is we aren't. We're worse than the Netherlands and the best you can say is we are on a par with the likes of Denmark and Greece.  You hope (always hope) England do well but you have to say it's highly unlikely

Holland have the vastly overrated Memphis and have left their best player at home...Summerville.  no chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silas said:

I like Foden too.

Just seems everytime we doubt Sterling, he shows up in the big games. 

He was on crap form for City last year before Euros. Probably why he was eventually sold.

But was our player of tournament. 

That earns big credit in the bank surely. 

So does the same argument apply to Maguire?

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Fans split between the ones with their heads in the clouds who think England will win it and the realists who have seen it all before and know that anything involving England sport (football, cricket, rugby etc) will inevitably end in disappointment.

Qatar is a tainted World Cup, it is a stain on football and a shadow of what used to be a great tournament,  and the Fifa leader's ridiculous statement this week has made it worse. I'll watch England struggle as usual but once we go out I won't watch any of the other games

It wasn't that ridiculous, he can definitely say with confidence that he feels disabled because for the head of FIFA to come out with that statement he must be mentally disabled at the very least.

Edited by Upside Down

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why did you think Qatar would be better than that? How many professional football players does that country even have?

Their results history and ranking suggested they could put in a performance better than San Marino on a bad day.

Have a look at their national football academy and it's recruitment process. It operates like and with the facilities of a top PL club.

I don't blame fans for leaving, I did too, and went off to bed at about the 60th minute. A dreadful game to open a WC with.

Let us hope Iran are similarly inept.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

A promising youngster who's just broke through at Leeds is not Holland's best player. He's 21 and has only got 3 under 21 caps!!

Memphis is a good player but their real strength is at the back. De Ligt, De Vrij, Van Dijk etc, they could even afford to leave Botman at home.

Edited by frosty
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, frosty said:

A promising youngster who's just broke through at Leeds is not Holland's best player. He's 21 and has only got 3 under 21 caps!!

Memphis is a good player but their real strength is at the back. De Ligt, De Vrij, Van Dijk etc, they could even afford to leave Botman at home.

Still unplayable.  He'd be in my squad.

I'll really looking forward to seeing rice and Bellingham today. They have the potential to be England's midfield for the next decade.  They both have a bit of everything.  Rice is a great holding player who can bomb forward when needs be. Bellingham is just outstanding at going past players and creating chances.  Of course the defence needs protecting.  I like Phillips.  Hes a good midfield cover that can also play out but Bellingham is on another level

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

A whole country?

Are you ever not miserable?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

A whole country?

We are lucky to have you on here jim.

Honesty, accuracy and realism.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Their results history and ranking suggested they could put in a performance better than San Marino on a bad day.

Have a look at their national football academy and it's recruitment process. It operates like and with the facilities of a top PL club.

I don't blame fans for leaving, I did too, and went off to bed at about the 60th minute. A dreadful game to open a WC with.

Let us hope Iran are similarly inept.

They aren't. Write them off at your peril.