BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

Saudi Arabia are doing a good job at catching Argentina in the offside trap. They're not as bad as I expected. Much better than Iran.

Teams are going to think twice before rugby-style manhandling opponents in the box during corners. That's two penalties given so far for that type of offence.

Argentina should still win this at a canter, but it's not as one-sided as I expected (so far).

• Like 1

• Backroom

An absolute shocker for Argentina. Failed to put the game to bed in the first half, hit with a quick one-two punch in the second half and couldn't recover. The Saudis rode their luck at times but ultimately their game plan worked to perfection. You can't judge a team on the opening game alone, but based on that showing Argentina are far from the indomitable powerhouse they've been touted as in various publications. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, USABlue said:

I can not see.how they gave Irans and not at least one of the two simultaneous fouls on us.  It was a bear hug and body smackdown.  Stinks.  As is always the case with us at tourneys we seem to get screwed with bad major decisions.

Except 1966.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

North Korea beating Italy in 66 has to be up there as well. 

This is definitely the biggest shock WC result in recent history though. 

And North Korea going 3-0 up against Eusebio's Portugal at Goodison Park. I know they eventually lost 5-3 but I was there and we couldn't believe that early 3-0.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Argentina don't look that impressive.  Certainly giving possession away in midfield.  They don't have anyone close to Bellingham 

Must every game be about how each team compares to us, whether we can beat them, how individual players compare and how decisions prove how FIFA hate England?

Saudi Arabia (even if they aren't an underdog that I will be rooting for) beating Argentina is an incredible story in its own right.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Must every game be about how each team compares to us, whether we can beat them, how individual players compare and how decisions prove how FIFA hate England?

Saudi Arabia (even if they aren't an underdog that I will be rooting for) beating Argentina is an incredible story in its own right.

Agree but before the tournament people were saying Argentina and Brazil were way above England