BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

On 28/01/2023 at 15:38, goozburger said:

I really hope we don't think that just triggering the option in Dack's contract will suffice. Offer him something acceptable now before his head starts turning. He is starting to show why he is gold dust at this level again.

agree. i think it needs to be gregg's contract task #1 once the window closes.

On 28/01/2023 at 15:38, goozburger said:

I really hope we don't think that just triggering the option in Dack's contract will suffice. Offer him something acceptable now before his head starts turning. He is starting to show why he is gold dust at this level again.

At the same time, it can't be anything too high either. He will be 30 by the time his existing contract runs out, and both his knees have had ACL issues. He's doing great right now but there's always going to be a risk that one of them goes again. Much of his current contract was spent on the sidelines, and we don't have a great budget.

A quick google suggests he is on 18.5k p/w (may be wrong but I'd bet it's in that area). Any sort of pay rise should probably be off the table in all honesty. But yes we do need to be proactive with the negotiations.

With all the doom and gloom on the transfer thread (rightly so unless the final 24 hours are magical) it's worth noting that Dacky is like a new signing. With BBD shockingly out of form he looks like our only player capable of hitting the back of the net. 

If we could actually add some quality around him I'd have some confidence for the remainder of the season. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

1 goal will do with solid defensive display 

We won't keep clean sheets in every game so we need to start offering much more of an attacking threat, which isn't helped when the only player who has offered anything close to a consistent threat in recent weeks and months is now injured.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We won't keep clean sheets in every game so we need to start offering much more of an attacking threat, which isn't helped when the only player who has offered anything close to a consistent threat in recent weeks and months is now injured.

Who is that then ?

40 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I think his recent form warrants an extension - may need a reduction in terms though

I agree, should be moved onto a decent pay as you play deal with minimal basic. I think given his injury record that will be how every club approaches him now so it won't be anything uncompetitive. We've looked after him really well over his two ACLs, time to protect the club and make room for other signings on the wage bill.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2023 at 16:24, roversfan99 said:

We have kept 12 clean sheets which is 4th highest in the league this season. Ayala stepped up at the weekend and others will. 

Have some confidence in them instead of always putting them down. 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have kept 12 clean sheets which is 4th highest in the league this season. Ayala stepped up at the weekend and others will. 

Have some confidence in them instead of always putting them down. 

Can we stop again with the superfan routine please, I will be supporting the team tonight just as you will.

On the clean sheet thing, my point was not a negative about our defensive record, I am just saying that you can't keep a clean sheet everytime and we need more than that.

When anyones main 2 goalscorers are out, more often than not they will not score at the same rate, hence why strikers cost so much money.

Why would I have loads of confidence in the likes of Dolan, Gallagher, Szmodics, Hedges and Thomas to score enough goals to offset Brereton and Dack? None have good goalscoring records.