BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He still has a place for me, 100%. He has natural ability, a goal threat and a bit of magic that no one else in our squad has. 

Even if at the moment he isn't starting games, you can't tell me that you'd rather bring on the likes of Vale, Hirst and Dolan if we need a bit of quality.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Just to add more fuel to the fire, Vale has somehow earned a new contract till 2025. If we are putting him ahead of Dack in the pecking order. We've got problems.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Just to add more fuel to the fire, Vale has somehow earned a new contract till 2025. If we are putting him ahead of Dack in the pecking order. We've got problems.

Two completely different players with different qualities. Even though he hasn’t ripped up any trees yet, Vale clearly fits into the style JDT wants to play. We ALL want Dack to come back and earn his place back in the team, but the fact is that the way play just doesn’t work unless everyone covers a lot of ground. If Dack could do that and everything else we know he can, then I’m sure JDT would be absolutely ecstatic to put him in. 

If it’s a purely football choice it’s an absolute no brainier. However if there is problems between the player and manager, and he isn’t going to play,  it’s probably best he’s moved on and use his wages to improve the team and stop any unrest amongst the squad 

He obviously wants to be playing every single game, for whatever reason the manager doesn’t feel he’s up to doing that. We’re 2nd in the league and as long as we keep getting results you can’t really question his lack of involvement. 

It’s also hard to say how much of the player he was remains, he still gets into good positions in the box which you can’t really teach and he shows some classy touches on the ball at times, even at his peak though he was never the quickest and he does seem to have lost a yard of pace he couldn’t really afford to lose.

From what I’ve seen of him he does also seem that bit less sharper all round with his movement and when he’s running with the ball and as much as I’d have him in the squad for the fact he could come off the bench and nick a goal, if he’s not happy not playing every game then I think we should let him go, the Dack of 2/3 years ago would be a massive loss, the Dack now I don’t think we’d miss that much.

We’re on a great run and the longer this whole Dack debacle/debate continues it shines a bad light on what otherwise has been a good season so far, we don’t need anything to potentially undermine the manager and harm the dressing room atmosphere, just end it in jan and get him out on loan or sell him. I’ll always remember him fondly. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, roverinmontreal said:

Two completely different players with different qualities. Even though he hasn’t ripped up any trees yet, Vale clearly fits into the style JDT wants to play. We ALL want Dack to come back and earn his place back in the team, but the fact is that the way play just doesn’t work unless everyone covers a lot of ground. If Dack could do that and everything else we know he can, then I’m sure JDT would be absolutely ecstatic to put him in. 

If that was the case Dack would already be in the PL and way out of the reach of a rookie manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverinmontreal said:

Two completely different players 

Yep, one is talented and being undermined, the other is bog standard and being overhyped.

Probably something to do with Dack on around 20kpw.  Bet old Greggy boy wants that off the wage bill

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If that was the case Dack would already be in the PL and way out of the reach of a rookie manager.

No doubt. But since he can’t, it’ll take a certain kind of system to suit him. Personally I would keep going down the path we’re on. It’s early days and it’s already kind of working, no?

10 hours ago, roverinmontreal said:

Dack is a player of quality. I understand that JDT wants a team that covers loads of ground but a team full of runners will only get you so far.

Vale, Dolan and Szmodics can run around all day but none of them have that bit of magic, that bit of quality that can make the difference that Dack has. 

As others have pointed out, BBD will likely be off for a low fee in January, this leaves us desperately short of goals. Dack is the next player in the squad you could rely upon for goals, assists or that spark to make something happen.

His Injuries are obviously going to impact on his game but he said to our former manager just the other day that his fitness numbers are the best they've ever been. 

Letting Dack go, will be a huge mistake imo. 

• Like 2

I would get rid in January. He is out of contract this summer (Yes I know the club and player both have option to extend for 12 months but I expect neither party will extend it) 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

As others have pointed out, BBD will likely be off for a low fee in January

I'm not sure it's likely at all. I expect BBD will sign pre contract with either Sevilla or Valencia shortly and stay here for rest of the season. 

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nah, he's staying until the end i think.  He's not Rothwell, got a bit of loyalty has BBD.

How are they not exactly the same? I'm confused.

Rothwell was told by Mowbray he could go to Bournemouth in January, then Venkys said no and he played until the end of the season and left on a free.

Brereton will be told by GB he can leave in January if someone offers the right amount of money, or be told he can't leave because nobody has offered the money and will play until the end of the season and leave on a free.

Dack has the ability to find space in the box, is a good finisher and brings other players into play with his ability to hold up the ball and play a good pass. He's also a "classy" player 

What he's not is a runner; he lacks pace and cannot play a high pressing game that Tomasson appears to require. He also needs to play regularly to be sharp and at the very top of his game. 

I feel letting him go would be a big mistake and he'll score lots of goals at another club where he gets a regular starting place. 

Tomasson clearly has problems with him but should be big enough to recognise his qualities

• Like 5

My thoughts exactly. 

I'm not cheering for him to be used out of sentimentality, I want him to be involved because he is class and can offer something different. Had he been involved more in some of the games where we really struggled with getting it out of defence I think we could have got something out of them.

The manager needs to be big enough to not operate a scorched earth policy as that would be bad for the team. And the team is number one remember. 

• Like 1

Being truthful, I'd need to see more of Dack on the pitch before I can make that call, which doesn't look like happening any time soon sadly. There's not been that much evidence of very intensive pressing in the matches so far, and I've no doubt that a pre-injury Dack could've dealt with how we're playing comfortably. We've seen enough glimpses since his return to suggest that his talent is still there, but not enough to really judge how well he can cope with being a regular starter. 

Either way I feel desperately sorry for him. Having two years taken away when he was entering his peak, and now he can't get a game even after working hard to get back to full fitness. I can totally understand why he'll be a man in a hurry to get back on the pitch and wouldn't take kindly to getting 5-10 minutes at the end of games.

I suspect he'll be off in January, which would be best for all parties if JDT isn't going to play him anyway. I think he definitely warrants being used more from the bench before then though. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, J*B said:

How are they not exactly the same? I'm confused.

Rothwell was told by Mowbray he could go to Bournemouth in January, then Venkys said no and he played until the end of the season and left on a free.

Brereton will be told by GB he can leave in January if someone offers the right amount of money, or be told he can't leave because nobody has offered the money and will play until the end of the season and leave on a free.

Its obvious.  BBD loves being here and if we get up I think he stays.....Rothwell just gave off different vibes for me.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Its obvious.  BBD loves being here and if we get up I think he stays.....Rothwell just gave off different vibes for me.

It all comes down to money. With all of them. Dack loved being here, it can all turn sour very quickly. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would get rid in January. He is out of contract this summer (Yes I know the club and player both have option to extend for 12 months but I expect neither party will extend it) 

I'm not sure it's likely at all. I expect BBD will sign pre contract with either Sevilla or Valencia shortly and stay here for rest of the season. 

Out of interest chaddy, you are very keen to dismiss anyone who holds any cynicism towards anything that a player/manager etc says, why would they lie is your usual go to line.

It was said the other day by Dack via Mowbray that his fitness numbers are better than they were pre-injury. Do you not think that maybe he does have the fitness based on that to play for us?