BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

Pretty easy answer to the thread question for me. Stick.

We're not going to fetch much of a transfer fee for Dacky right now. Without playing first team football no club is going to take that kind of financial risk on him. 

He has shown flashes of ability but not been given a chance in the first team. The best solution from the clubs perspective would be keep him on and see if he can break into the first team by the end of the season. If not, then it would be time to part ways. 

A lot depends on him. If he's willing to get the bit between his teeth and prove JDT wrong, then it's possible. I can see him wanting out asap though.

• Like 1

If he isn't in the manager's plans (JDT says he is) then twist in Jan.

I'd like to see Vale go out on loan and Hirst back to Leicester. If Dack goes too it frees up cash for two more strikers. Buy or loan.

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Pretty easy answer to the thread question for me. Stick.

We're not going to fetch much of a transfer fee for Dacky right now. Without playing first team football no club is going to take that kind of financial risk on him. 

He has shown flashes of ability but not been given a chance in the first team. The best solution from the clubs perspective would be keep him on and see if he can break into the first team by the end of the season. If not, then it would be time to part ways. 

A lot depends on him. If he's willing to get the bit between his teeth and prove JDT wrong, then it's possible. I can see him wanting out asap though.

Agree with this - but even if we can't get a decent fee for him, his wages will be significant. Ideally I'd like to put that outlay to good use by giving him more of a chance in the team, but if we're not going to be doing that, then letting him go in January might give us more wiggle room to bring in players. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2022 at 02:17, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just seen that Dacks silly other half is on on this yrars I'm a celeb and has just arrived in oz to start filming. 

Thats one pathetic distraction we don't want any of our players to be having, let alone one of our highest earners.

Im now guessing it's this k8nd of a freakshow circus that surounds his personal life that doesn't sit well with the club

Sack the little jumped up 'celebrity' diffy off I say. 

she's pulled out already...

Olivia Attwood forced to quit I'm A Celebrity on medical grounds (msn.com)

On 26/10/2022 at 08:17, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just seen that Dacks silly other half is on on this yrars I'm a celeb and has just arrived in oz to start filming. 

Thats one pathetic distraction we don't want any of our players to be having, let alone one of our highest earners.

Im now guessing it's this k8nd of a freakshow circus that surounds his personal life that doesn't sit well with the club

Sack the little jumped up 'celebrity' diffy off I say. 

You knock Dack and his partner whilst we have a fucking cunt as CEO?

Get your ducks in a correct row .... Please

And my opinion of Olivia is now the polar opposite of what is was when she appeared on the scene.

She stands by her man and calls out the appalling disrespect her partner has received from some at Rovers and their deliberate leaks. Pricks, the bunch of them. 

Move on Bradley and do yourself a favour.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

"Jumped up celebrity diffy" and "freakshow circus" I would suggest isn't warranted to a player who prior to his injuries provided us with plenty of entertainment.

Couple that with fabricated theories about Dack not wanting to train extra because he wants to be filming reality TV, plenty of peculiar posts on here recently about him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

"Jumped up celebrity diffy" and "freakshow circus" I would suggest isn't warranted to a player who prior to his injuries provided us with plenty of entertainment.

Couple that with fabricated theories about Dack not wanting to train extra because he wants to be filming reality TV, plenty of peculiar posts on here recently about him.

To be fair I think that poster was talking about the girlfriend, not Dack himself, unless I misread it? Not unreasonable descriptions either, from what I have seen.

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And my opinion of Olivia is now the polar opposite of what is was when she appeared on the scene.

She stands by her man and calls out the appalling disrespect her partner has received from some at Rovers and their deliberate leaks. Pricks, the bunch of them. 

And you have met Waggott personally to gauge your view? I take it you talked personally to some at Coventry who thought he did a good job there despite their issues? You will have also spoken to those who work in the community programs under his management and talked about the numerous awards the club has taken ?

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

And you have met Waggott personally to gauge your view? I take it you talked personally to some at Coventry who thought he did a good job there despite their issues? You will have also spoken to those who work in the community programs under his management and talked about the numerous awards the club has taken ?

You was his biggest critic prior to meeting him, would you now say that you are happy with him at the club and you would rather he stayed, or do you still have doubts?

I wouldn't go as far as calling him a cunt so I can get why that might be questionable, I don't know him. Just interested to see if your opinion on him professionally has changed, and if so, I would suggest that there is a danger of your previous instincts to judge him on actions have been overruled by what he has said to you and what you think he comes across like as a person.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You was his biggest critic prior to meeting him, would you now say that you are happy with him at the club and you would rather he stayed, or do you still have doubts?

I wouldn't go as far as calling him a cunt so I can get why that might be questionable, I don't know him. Just interested to see if your opinion on him professionally has changed, and if so, I would suggest that there is a danger of your previous instincts to judge him on actions have been overruled by what he has said to you and what you think he comes across like as a person.

Unfair and wrong. Yes I have been critical not so much him but the owners and previous managerial fuck ups! I have criticised some of the set up and at the same time I am placated by what I knew, what I learned from others, what I researched and from some insiders within the club, and, after I met him and what I learned allowed me to make my own decision about him. Others have their views but for fellow fan to call him a cunt without anything but conjecture and misinformation just makes a mockery of their intelligence 😂😂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Who rattled your cage. 

Quality player for us in the past, club supported him enormously through his injuries, but his days look numbered  here now, fully expecting him does his upmost to link back up with mowbray at Sunderland. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

14 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Unfair and wrong. Yes I have been critical not so much him but the owners and previous managerial fuck ups! I have criticised some of the set up and at the same time I am placated by what I knew, what I learned from others, what I researched and from some insiders within the club, and, after I met him and what I learned allowed me to make my own decision about him. Others have their views but for fellow fan to call him a cunt without anything but conjecture and misinformation just makes a mockery of their intelligence 😂😂

What is your answer to my first question, are you glad he is at the club? 

Cunt is unnecessary but you are basing not only on actions now but are biased because youve met him and seemingly he was a nice bloke.

Im sure you have been critical of Waggott and I'm almost sure that you have called him Maggott before.

I'm not interested in whether Waggott is a nice bloke or not. I haven't met him nor have any desire to do so. 

From what I can see he has overseen year upon year of regression. 

The season ticket sales are a prime example of what he has delivered to the club. At best he is totally out of his depth.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I'm not interested in whether Waggott is a nice bloke or not. I haven't met him nor have any desire to do so. 

From what I can see he has overseen year upon year of regression. 

The season ticket sales are a prime example of what he has delivered to the club. At best he is totally out of his depth.

Exactly this.

You come across bullshitters in all walks of life who can talk the talk. You see it literally every day in the line of work I'm in, there's a lot of people out there who are useless at their job but they blag decent salaries and titles. Meet them face to face and you think what a great guy (if you're easily roped in).

Waggott is clearly this kind of person.

• Like 2

What I get from this topic is : Dack historically is better than two unproven youngsters (Vale and Hirst). That is not a very high bar. I would actually start Dack against the Ding-Dongs, and say to him, " Go on ,sell yourself ".  Dack also has an ability to hold the ball and get free-kicks. Those free-kicks could be our key to a victory.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I hope you enjoyed your tea or coffee and biscuits.

Waggott may visit me anytime. I will not be travelling to listen to crap.

I am well aware of the great work that the community programs do and of who does the lead and the actual hard work in them and also who shows up for the photo shoots and prize awards.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

16 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Who rattled your cage. 

Quality player for us in the past, club supported him enormously through his injuries, but his days look numbered  here now, fully expecting him does his upmost to link back up with mowbray at Sunderland. 

I like a woman with opinions, even is I disagree with them.

Got to admire her sky diving in Australia although I hear she is now a bit poorly.

I think Bradley may go to QPR as first choice with Sunderland the backup.

17 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Careful now sunshine. Watch your ignorant lip.

Personally I would keep him and play him more. However based on the fact that JDT clearly doesn't fancy him and he gets 10 minute cameos it would make sense to cash in. His wages would probably cover 2 more players but what could we realistically get fee wise for him? 

16 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Personally I would keep him and play him more. However based on the fact that JDT clearly doesn't fancy him and he gets 10 minute cameos it would make sense to cash in. His wages would probably cover 2 more players but what could we realistically get fee wise for him? 

out of contract this summer. Maybe 500k transfer fee wise