BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Where has this come from? 
Coventry came back to us with an offer LOWER than we gave? 

Can’t be true 

I think this is right---we offered £2.5M and they turned it down.

They then came back to us and took £1.5M, such were their financial circumstances. Widely discussed on Coventry's fan forums at the time.

Dack still has it all to prove after two serious injuries.

If we get a 'silly offer' he has to go for me if we could bring in one or two quality players as a result.

If he stays, any talk of a new contract should be stalled for at least 3 months - let's see what he really has left in his locker and whether his body, and particularly his knees, can withstand the stresses and strains of a dozen or so 90 minute games.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Dack still has it all to prove after two serious injuries.

If we get a 'silly offer' he has to go for me if we could bring in one or two quality players as a result.

If he stays, any talk of a new contract should be stalled for at least 3 months - let's see what he really has left in his locker and whether his body, and particularly his knees, can withstand the stresses and strains of a dozen or so 90 minute games.

If he does go he’ll go with my thanks and best wishes. Before the knee injuries he was  one of the very few players we’ve had since the Chokers rocked up that I’d be delighted to pay to see play.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Bradley Dack would have considered his Blackburn Rovers future | Lancashire Telegraph

Very honest interview with Dack. Pretty much admitting the toys had been thrown cos he wasn't getting  game and that he's now taking on board what JDT wants from him on the pitch. 

He's still the best player at the club. Losing him would have been a bit tragic. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

• Backroom
On 03/01/2023 at 11:04, Dreams of 1995 said:

Where has this come from? 
Coventry came back to us with an offer LOWER than we gave? 

Can’t be true 

Not quite. They came back asking if we were still interested at the original price (I believe £2.5m) and we talked them down.

For me Dack is not as good as he was pre-injuries, but he is still good enough to make our first team. So I would stick with him. This may be a different way to look at the situation but, just maybe, the first-team is not as reliant on Dack as it was before his injuries.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He missed two golden chances today - sadly he's not the player he once was. 

Golden chances ?

Second one he should have done better but he was almost on the line and he isn't Benni McCarthy.

First one if it's the header your referring to he made a great little run and it was a good ball in, a rare moment of creativity. He was running away from goal towards the ball though and that took him wide of goal never in a thousand years is he getting his head around that.

Credit for the movement but neither were golden chances.

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Golden chances ?

Second one he should have done better but he was almost on the line and he isn't Benni McCarthy.

First one if it's the header your referring to he made a great little run and it was a good ball in, a rare moment of creativity. He was running away from goal towards the ball though and that took him wide of goal never in a thousand years is he getting his head around that.

Credit for the movement but neither were golden chances.

Neither were easy chances but with both of them he should have at least hit the target.

Dack has been by far and away our best player since the world cup. Its hard to judge whether he'll hit the levels he was at pre-injury. Especially considering the fact that we have so little creativity in forward areas.

He never was going to win games on his own. He's always needed competent players in and around him. Hopefully we'll continue to improve our squad and he'll begin to have more and more influence. 

History and the soft spot I have for him aside, I think he's the best player in our squad again and if utilised correctly will get back to being one of the best players in this league. It's great to see him back. Hopefully his knees will be fine for the rest of his career. I'd love to see us win promotion with him, even if he's in his 30's when we do it. It would be a wonderful story. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looked like the only player who cared yesterday...clearly frustrated with others 'efforts'.

I mentioned that at the end yesterday. He was hurting - the rest of them looked like they wanted to get back to their designer wash have and coming over to the fans was an inconvenience.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Dack has been by far and away our best player since the world cup. Its hard to judge whether he'll hit the levels he was at pre-injury. Especially considering the fact that we have so little creativity in forward areas.

He never was going to win games on his own. He's always needed competent players in and around him. Hopefully we'll continue to improve our squad and he'll begin to have more and more influence. 

History and the soft spot I have for him aside, I think he's the best player in our squad again and if utilised correctly will get back to being one of the best players in this league. It's great to see him back. Hopefully his knees will be fine for the rest of his career. I'd love to see us win promotion with him, even if he's in his 30's when we do it. It would be a wonderful story. 

At least he looked like a footballer.  What went through my mind was how many of this lot exactly enjoy playing football and want to be out there. There aren’t many smiles on faces at the moment.

Dack is one player I think JDT has actually handled well, and he's clearly our best player. Unfortunately his return has also coincided in a complete collapse at the other end of the pitch because the rest, particularly in midfield, are constantly taking turns at being next to useless. 

• 2 weeks later...

There was lots of frustration in Dack's cameo appearances earlier in the season which culminated in him stupidly getting sent off in an under 21 match. Over the past month he has arguably been our best player and seeing him get the players together in a mini huddle after Ayala's sending off on Saturday was testimony to his attitude and the esteem the other players hold him in. He has been probably our most talented player of the last decade. It will be interesting if we take up the option of another year in the summer.

• Like 1

Huge respect to Dack for coming back from two ACLs and probably putting in more yards each game than he ever has for us. Dack's been well managed by JDT imo.

Shame we don't have someone up top like Graham who Dack could thrive working with. I am still really bemused that we don't seem to be looking for an old school number nine - it's what the team really really needs from lots of different angles (partner to Dack, someone who can get on the end of crosses and worry defences, a plan B if the opposition are defending deep and we can't pass through them).

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think Dack as good as admitted his attitude was wrong pre-WC break.

I think Dack expected to be in the starting XI when "back on the grass". That might tell us more about the old regime than the new one. Five years' worth of Mowbray comfort zones were evident. JDT appears to have held no quarter for those who aren't pulling their weight by dumping them in the U21s.

A month ago, I wasn't sure Dack would still be here, but it's great to see him back on track. He is still a class above the rest in spite of his injuries.

• Like 1

Dack's situation certainly wasn't helped by Mowbray publicly mixing him a bottle after we played Sunderland in October. He mentioned Dack's stats being his best ever and the suspicion was that there was an ulterior motive behind Mowbray's comments.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/bradley-dack-blackburn-rovers-mowbray-25303006

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

Dack's situation certainly wasn't helped by Mowbray publicly mixing him a bottle after we played Sunderland in October. He mentioned Dack's stats being his best ever and the suspicion was that there was an ulterior motive behind Mowbray's comments.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/bradley-dack-blackburn-rovers-mowbray-25303006

There might be yet , the transfer  window as another week to run .

At the time of Dack being used as a bit part player, my hope was that we were being cautious with him and building him up to play his part in the second half of the season.

And, either by good management or pure fluke, that's how it's seemingly ended up.

But whichever way it happened, it's great to see him back in the team and doing what he does.

• Like 1

I was convinced he had no future with us when he (and his girlfriend) were at loggerheads with the manager, who’d probably never heard of Dack before he came. Very interesting to see Dack admit as much when dumped from the matchday squad a few times. His response to that has been mature and to the benefit of all. I’m particularly impressed by his seemingly overnight transformation from team cheeky chappy to mature leader.

• Like 3