BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

Tbh we're doing pretty well in tge league without Dack!! 

Only problem is when there's injuries or players rested because Vale & hirst are woeful. Just hoping we can get to January without any real injuries to gallagher and bbd and Broughton brings in a forward that is actually good enough to make a real impact on games and score a few! 

End of the day if you want to sustain a promotion push you need as many good players in your squad as possible, it’s why most clubs up there strengthen in January. Vale and Hirst are not players I can see making a difference in the run in, whereas Dack is the kind of quality footballer that could change a game and help nab a vital win or 2, think of Berkovic in ‘01.

Alas, he’ll be re-united with TM instead, so we can only hope from our perspective that the mistakes of last January are not repeated…

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day if you want to sustain a promotion push you need as many good players in your squad as possible, it’s why most clubs up there strengthen in January. Vale and Hirst are not players I can see making a difference in the run in, whereas Dack is the kind of quality footballer that could change a game and help nab a vital win or 2, think of Berkovic in ‘01.

Alas, he’ll be re-united with TM instead, so we can only hope from our perspective that the mistakes of last January are not repeated…

He needs to start impresing more when he gets a chance then. Simple as that

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well obviously, same for anybody.

Doesn’t mean he isn’t a handy player to have coming off the bench, especially with a fairly small and inexperienced squad.

I don't think that Dacks ability, is a factor for him being kept for the bench. But I think that his wages being on the bench, is a  point not in his favour.

• Like 2

He goes in January, he goes, that’s football. 

We’ve obviously done well without him this season, my main concern is that we see a repeat of January 2022 this time round. A small squad that will be even smaller if/when he departs will need bolstering.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

He goes in January, he goes, that’s football. 

We’ve obviously done well without him this season, my main concern is that we see a repeat of January 2022 this time round. A small squad that will be even smaller if/when he departs will need bolstering.

I think we will be better organised in transfer windows than in recent history, what with Broughton and Williams in place. Behind Tomasson's smile, I think we have a ruthless Head Coach who knows what he wants.

As for Dack, I can only think that he's not doing (or not able to do) what is required by JDT. Sadly, I've seen little evidence that Dack is anything close to the player he was before his injuries. Keeping a high earner on the books who doesn't start for us is a luxury we cannot afford. At the moment, it's looking like he'll go in January, and I think that might be the right course of action if it allows wages to be put towards a player or two that JDT will utilise.

• Like 5

I don't think Dacky will be leaving in January - though maybe that is more wishful thinking. 

My reasoning is he's not shown the attitude JDT wants to begin with. But that to regain his place JDT wants more from him than he does anyone else. Like it or not Dack is a talisman for Rovers and holds a level of influence in the Rovers squad. Given his status, if he is made to work harder than anybody else, every other player knows that effort trumps talent in JDT's eyes. Force Dack to elevate his effort above even what is required for our average player. Then everyone else in the squad knows regardless of their natural ability that first and foremost, they have to run and work. If/when Dack becomes a starter again, it's down to graft not talent. And this sets a clear example. 

Win/win long term. We get a better Dack. And we get a squad that know actions not talent is what will bring minutes. You don't have to be a natural athlete, but you do have to make that a part of your game and be a team player, no matter who you are.

• Like 2

Totally agree, however January is a different beast. That little bit of extra ambition, even if it is a top quality loan can push you over the line. Our previous successful promotion campaigns (and previous falls away) have been testament to that.

I doubt the club thought we’d be going into the second part of the season in such a strong position, so all this ‘it’s a long term plan’ etc needs to be parked and eyes on the prize, a promotion would be absolutely transformational.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goozburger said:

I think we will be better organised in transfer windows than in recent history, what with Broughton and Williams in place. Behind Tomasson's smile, I think we have a ruthless Head Coach who knows what he wants.

I would say we are better place than previous season cos we seem to have a proper transfer plan like the last window plus JDT who is ruthless aswell and demands the best every single day whether it's training session or game

• 1 month later...

Some interesting comments from Dack in the LT, referring to disagreements between him and JDT in previous times. It sounds like Dack wants to stay, and it was great to see him get through a full game the other day and grab the winner.

I'm having a change of heart about letting him go in January. He's reminded me that, even if he's not firing on all cylinders, he is always good for a goal, and we are desperately lacking in that area at the moment. In all honesty, I though he had a poor game against Cardiff, performance-wise, but as he suggested, he probably needs 10-15 games in a row to get full match-fitness back.

46 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Some interesting comments from Dack in the LT, referring to disagreements between him and JDT in previous times. It sounds like Dack wants to stay, and it was great to see him get through a full game the other day and grab the winner.

I'm having a change of heart about letting him go in January. He's reminded me that, even if he's not firing on all cylinders, he is always good for a goal, and we are desperately lacking in that area at the moment. In all honesty, I though he had a poor game against Cardiff, performance-wise, but as he suggested, he probably needs 10-15 games in a row to get full match-fitness back.

I’d only let him go in the unlikely event of us receiving a “ daft “ offer fr him.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 18:31, Upside Down said:

Well they certainly give the impression of having some semblance of a plan now.

The signings they have made so far have been good especially Hyam, he's first rate.

We got him because Coventry urgently needed cash at the start of the season They approached us!

I don't think the rest compare.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

We got him because Coventry urgently needed cash at the start of the season They approached us!

I don't think the rest compare.

After our initial bids were rejected.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

From me! 👋 First ever ITK-edge!

A bid was initially rejected earlier in the summer, but they came back to us asking if we were still interested at the back end of the window as they were desperate for some cash flow.

It was pretty common knowledge at the time that they were struggling for finance at the time.