BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest chaddy, you are very keen to dismiss anyone who holds any cynicism towards anything that a player/manager etc says, why would they lie is your usual go to line.

It was said the other day by Dack via Mowbray that his fitness numbers are better than they were pre-injury. Do you not think that maybe he does have the fitness based on that to play for us?

well unless we have access to that data how do we know? 

Also, I think Mowbray made those comments public to his director of football that he wants him there with him in January?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also, I think Mowbray made those comments public to his director of football that he wants him there with him in January?

So you take every single thing at face value, glass half full, served you well for 20 years etc. Until it comes down to Dack, you want to see the data for that...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Dack has the ability to find space in the box, is a good finisher and brings other players into play with his ability to hold up the ball and play a good pass. He's also a "classy" player 

What he's not is a runner; he lacks pace and cannot play a high pressing game that Tomasson appears to require. He also needs to play regularly to be sharp and at the very top of his game. 

I feel letting him go would be a big mistake and he'll score lots of goals at another club where he gets a regular starting place. 

Tomasson clearly has problems with him but should be big enough to recognise his qualities

I can't disagree with the first paragraph - but what nobody knows is how much the injuries have taken their toll. His fitness levels may be good - but can he twist and turn like he used to, has he still got that little burst of pace that used to create space for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if his relatively large salary is playing a part - but if he is 100% fit (in all ways) - would it not be better to play him, potentially improve the team, and then get a bigger transfer fee if we sell him in January ? If that is the case - then why aren't they ?

Without wishing to open up the debate - Rhodes was a brilliant goal scorer, but I always felt his lack of pace and hold up play had a detrimental impact on our team play. JDT is all about the team - maybe he sees Dack as not being a good fit for the team pattern and overall team play. People seem to think he has singled out Dack - but John Buckley has largely disappeared from the first team picture.

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So you take every single thing at face value, glass half full, served you well for 20 years etc. Until it comes down to Dack, you want to see the data for that...

Why wouldn't you want not to see the data and compare it to other players and his own data over the weeks including his training data and game data aswell. 

Data analysis is massive part of football. 

What I don't get is now we've shifted to 352 he can be accommodated in midfield... We arent doing the 4231 or 343 high press stuff anymore.

I think probably the issue is more A Wharton is getting the role now... But Adam gets tired, so why not being Dack on for the last 30 regularly? He's perfect..?

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

Very good point on Wharton, he struggles to last longer than an hour and play back to back games, yet he is accomdated.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why wouldn't you want not to see the data and compare it to other players and his own data over the weeks including his training data and game data aswell. 

No relevance to the point I made about you picking and choosing when to be cynical.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There’s no data analysis that can tell you what’s going on in a players head. Matty got back to bodily fitness but the voices in his head held him back. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

What I don't get is now we've shifted to 352 he can be accommodated in midfield... We arent doing the 4231 or 343 high press stuff anymore.

I think probably the issue is more A Wharton is getting the role now... But Adam gets tired, so why not being Dack on for the last 30 regularly? He's perfect..?

cos he isn't a centre midfield player? 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No relevance to the point I made about you picking and choosing when to be cynical.

of course, it is relevance to the point as you judge the data over a period of time and should compare it to pre injured days. You won't agree cos you are obsessing over Dack. 

38 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My perception is because Dack doesn’t follow instructions, of which there are clearly many from JDT. Against Brizzle, Dack kept coming back to tippy tap with the centre halves and got the hook at half time, probably for the first time in his career. 

Anyone thinking Dack's not playing because of fitness needs a good old sit down and think moment. Only one way to get fit, and he isn't getting the chance to do that. Whatever has happened (and it may well be nothing and he's just not fancied), I don't imagine Olivia's response/responses are helping matters. 

As JDT said, the team is first, having someone involved whose missus is as vocal as his is going to do nothing but hamper that.

• Backroom

As much as folk (rightly) say JDT should be big enough to use Dack IF there's a place for him, I do wonder if Dack is being deliberately difficult?

Purely speculation, but it was noted on here that in JDTs intro videos, Dack had a right miserable look on his face. If that's not gone away despite olive branches from JDT (remember Dack was made Captain for the Hartlepool game), coupled with noises from his missus about wanting Dack to go where he's happy, it could be that Dack is in fact forcing the move. Probably to Mowbray, just as he's done with other staff.

I believe that JDT would be playing Dack if his numbers AND attitude were up to it.

We owe him nothing as a club, but he owes us plenty. I'll be sad if he goes, and I'll have no ill will towards him, but I do suspect that's thrown his toys and is possibly unwilling/unable to meet JDTs demands.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you need proof, why would he lie

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mowbray made those comments public because he was smarting at the spanking we handed him (and the lack of crowd reaction to his heroic return to Ewood Park) and he wanted to stir the pot because he's a snide bastard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

As much as folk (rightly) say JDT should be big enough to use Dack IF there's a place for him, I do wonder if Dack is being deliberately difficult?

Purely speculation, but it was noted on here that in JDTs intro videos, Dack had a right miserable look on his face. If that's not gone away despite olive branches from JDT (remember Dack was made Captain for the Hartlepool game), coupled with noises from his missus about wanting Dack to go where he's happy, it could be that Dack is in fact forcing the move. Probably to Mowbray, just as he's done with other staff.

I believe that JDT would be playing Dack if his numbers AND attitude were up to it.

Mike, you have made some good logical points here 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

We owe him nothing as a club, but he owes us plenty. I'll be sad if he goes, and I'll have no ill will towards him, but I do suspect that's thrown his toys and is possibly unwilling/unable to meet JDTs demands.

You are correct here Mike, we don't owe him nothing but Rovers gave him a new contract after his first ACL injury.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Why do you need proof, why would he lie

Would you trust Mowbray to tell us the truth? He never told us the truth by advising our head of recruitment to leave for another club? 

Why has Mowbray made public a private conservation between him and Dack? Or has he made it public cos he wants Dack at Sunderland in January. Given that Dack is out contract here in the Summer, I would sell him in January. 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Where are these allegations being made?

Apart from here that is.

Just here. I did say it was pure speculation. It's what I think may have happened, nothing more 

• Like 1

It's crazy if that is the case because there is probably a limit to what he can achieve fitness wise now. After two such serious to both knees it's beyond the pale to expect him to be doing more now than hes ever done.

He certainly looked fit enough earlier in the season and it all seems to stem from the one bad game he had after making the starting 11. 

I'll cut JDT some slack and say in his mind it probably started out as more about formations and him wanting a water carrier in there. However not utilising Dacks talents later in games and even more so when we are chasing games is bad management imo.

Sorry but that's the way it is and if team comes first that means you put all the other shit aside in order to maximise your chances of getting a result.

• Like 2

I was actually a bit shocked to look at the number of starts Dack has had this season. Maybe I missed those games or I’m just getting older and my memory is going, but I don’t remember Dack starting a single game or even playing other than the last few 5-minute sub appearances.

Just seen that Dacks silly other half is on on this yrars I'm a celeb and has just arrived in oz to start filming. 

Thats one pathetic distraction we don't want any of our players to be having, let alone one of our highest earners.

Im now guessing it's this k8nd of a freakshow circus that surounds his personal life that doesn't sit well with the club

Sack the little jumped up 'celebrity' diffy off I say. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1