BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

Great player very unlucky with injuries. No way we could justify the wages to keep him though. Can see him having a good final few years in the right team with the right setup. A smart mid table Championship side will build their side around him.

Do feel in Szmodics we have the right successor who, while not having the pure quality on the ball, can do the yards that Dack can no longer make.

Hope we can replace him with a similarly inspirational player but one who is more of an out and out striker as that is what we need.

I recall him taking a quick throw in down the line from the half way line in one of the last home games of this season. A strictly forbidden strategy by us it would seem these days. 

I immediately looked over to JDT who turned from his position on the byline and went over and said something to his assistants. 

I suspect he isn’t one to toe the line which has probably hastened his departure from the club. 

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

There have been many players who have left Rovers over the last 10 years and I have felt nothing in regards them leaving.

Just last week, when I saw that BBD was definitely leaving, I felt nothing. Not even a flicker, to be honest, and I don't mean that to discredit his efforts in a Rovers shirt.

It's different with Dack, however. I'd say this might just be the first departure over the last 10 years that has got to me in a way. He came to the club during a dark time and fired the goals to get us out of League 1. A finisher and a character, just when the club needed one. His arrival brought about renewed hope during an utterly crap Venky reign. That won't be forgotten.

He built a connection with the fans and seemed to genuinely care about the club. It's evident from his post today, that he was gutted about not being able to feature more towards the end of this season and help us get into the playoffs. I'm gutted about that too, as he has been the best finisher at Rovers for a number of years. If there's one player I would want a chance to fall too, it's Dack.

Sadly, his injuries have hampered him and JDT's system is more suited to a Szmodics than a Dack. It probably is the right time for both parties to go their separate ways.

His wages simply have to be put to good use now in terms of bringing in new attacking options. I would hope they have targets in mind. Proper targets. I don't mean Ben Doak on loan from Liverpool.

Thanks for the memories, Bradley. A true Rovers player for me, like some of those of old.

I feel the same way and it’s because he was so phenomenal for us and always gave his all. Watching him suffer through 2 years of ACL injuries and then still come back and make the number of goal contributions he made this season, just shows how driven he is a person and how he never stopped trying to do his best for this club.

Really sad to see him go, but I think it’s the right time for him to move on and start fresh. Now that Sunderland is definitely staying down here next season, I would be shocked if we didn’t see a Dack / TM reunion. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Loved having him here, a genuine bright spark in a terrible 12 years and a huge loss to us.

But social media predictably calling him a legend. Come on.

To any fan under 20, he probably is.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

If he is going to Charlton he won't be on anything close to the money he was on here.

Surely he won't step down to league one someone in the championship will offer him a contract and if not Mowbray at Sunderland I could see Millwall taking an interest in him.Be sad to see him drop down to that level again he still has the ability to play at this level with a team that will suit his style and a manager who values him more 

Didn't he recently buy a house up north though? He should definitely get championship offers, and if he does I'm putting my house on him scoring when we play said team! Providing he stays fit you just know he's gonna score goals for a team who's playing style suits him....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All relative. Some of us now are the equivalent of the old timers who wouldn’t praise the heroes of the 70s and 80s ‘well they ain’t Duggy’.

Dack is no Jansen, never mind Shearer, but if you are a younger fan who has come of age in this shit show of a decade he’d still be a legend for you…

A bit like Tony Field was when we were bumping around the old Division 3 in the 1970’s.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All relative. Some of us now are the equivalent of the old timers who wouldn’t praise the heroes of the 70s and 80s ‘well they ain’t Duggy’.

Dack is no Jansen, never mind Shearer, but if you are a younger fan who has come of age in this shit show of a decade he’d still be a legend for you…

I think that does put Old Ewood Blues, comment in to perspective.

Is he the equivalent of Simon Garner, definitely not.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lraC said:

I think that does put Old Ewood Blues, comment in to perspective.

Is he the equivalent of Simon Garner, definitely not.

Can he be put in the same boat as Andy Crawford or Ken BEamish though?

Just as a side thought. To me Dack was never the same player once Danny Graham started to decline. Keeping Dack makes no sense without a player like Graham. It was probably why the club was trying to get 15mill at the time of the first injury as the club could not replace Graham.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Can't say I've had any emotional reaction to Dack leaving, but that probably speaks to my general disconnection from the club on an emotional level in general. Appreciate his efforts in the League 1 season for sure - since then we've been treading water, whilst teams with far less time and resources in the division have finished above us and in some cases in the playoffs. Pretty much all of my fond memories of Dack will be from that season in League 1, with everything else after that being a contribution to the journey to nowhere. Not Dack's fault mind, before his injuries he was the only player in the team really worth paying money to see, but it's a shame that after the L1 season his outstanding performances aren't linked to anything we achieved as a club. Unless you count finishing mid-table in the Championship  as an achievement.

• Like 1

Sad to see Dacky go, but probably best for all parties at this point. As others have said, I wish him nothing but the best for the future & hope that he gets to come back to Ewood for the send off he deserves.

Whether or not you agree with the term Legend, one thing is for sure, he's the closest thing to one anyone has been over the last 12 years. Legends don't have to be the best players or win the most trophies. but what they need to have done is give everything for the shirt, have a rapport the fans, shine through the bad times, revel in the good times, and more importantly care. Dacky ticks all these boxes so for me, yeah, you can have that title mate.

My all time legend is Garner as that's who I was brought up with, then on to the 'Class of 95', but players like Speedie, Jansen and others of similar standing can all be considered legends in my lifetime. I don't see why Dack can't be as he certainly will be to the younger generation.

Thanks for the memories Brad. All the best.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Can he be put in the same boat as Andy Crawford or Ken BEamish though?

Just as a side thought. To me Dack was never the same player once Danny Graham started to decline. Keeping Dack makes no sense without a player like Graham. It was probably why the club was trying to get 15mill at the time of the first injury as the club could not replace Graham.

From memory Crawford was a one season wonder and at third tier level too. I would certainly place Back above him, due to his longer spell at the club and for performing at a decent level too, over that longer term.

Beamo, is a special case, as he was in some ways the pantomime villain at times. Given his role at the club, once his playing days were done, he is certainly fondly remembered by me and I am sure plenty of other too.

I guess, I am neutral on Dack. He earned decent money and probably became a B List celebrity whilst at the club, so probably a decent marriage at the right time.

Tony Field was mentioned as a comparison and that feels about right to me.

GB on Dack:

"We let him go with a heavy heart and also remembering the things he has done for us. It's important to say that if we felt Bradley was going to play the number of minutes he wanted to play, the finances wouldn't have played a part.

"Now, it allows him to continue elsewhere. He has been available for 80 per cent of the games which is a record for him with the injuries. He has done brilliantly to come back from those injuries.

"We have not let him go for purely financial reasons. It's important we get that message out to supporters."

Why Blackburn Rovers let Bradley Dack and Daniel Ayala go as contract decisions explained - LancsLive

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

From memory Crawford was a one season wonder and at third tier level too. I would certainly place Back above him, due to his longer spell at the club and for performing at a decent level too, over that longer term.

Beamo, is a special case, as he was in some ways the pantomime villain at times. Given his role at the club, once his playing days were done, he is certainly fondly remembered by me and I am sure plenty of other too.

I guess, I am neutral on Dack. He earned decent money and probably became a B List celebrity whilst at the club, so probably a decent marriage at the right time.

Tony Field was mentioned as a comparison and that feels about right to me.

I used Crawford specifically because both scored the goals that fired us out if the third tier. 

• Like 2