BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

29 minutes ago, Butty said:

I’d guess the two crippling knee injuries got in the way of his football career more than that, mate. When I did put myself through the torture of watching the show, it was clear that football was Dacks life. 

The fact he came back from those two injuries shows the level of dedication he had to the game.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Butty said:

I’d guess the two crippling knee injuries got in the way of his football career more than that, mate. When I did put myself through the torture of watching the show, it was clear that football was Dacks life. 

ACLs today are not as severe as they were when say Shearer had his. The reconstruction process is much better and alongside strong nutrition amazing things can be done. However Dack came back both times over weight and this would imply his nutrition was, well, shit. You are made from food, quality food means better and stronger repair. Sit on your ass, eat shit and don't work the rest of your body and we'll it goes down hill. Dack is lazy, it's obvious and whilst yes ACLs are serious, a professional approach makes a mammoth difference to an individuals recovery.

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

ACLs today are not as severe as they were when say Shearer had his. The reconstruction process is much better and alongside strong nutrition amazing things can be done. However Dack came back both times over weight and this would imply his nutrition was, well, shit. You are made from food, quality food means better and stronger repair. Sit on your ass, eat shit and don't work the rest of your body and we'll it goes down hill. Dack is lazy, it's obvious and whilst yes ACLs are serious, a professional approach makes a mammoth difference to an individuals recovery.

Harsh 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

When he came back at one point he looked fitter than he'd ever been and put in a few good shifts.

You can alter what you put into your body but you can't change shape or grow taller it was same with Dunn.  Dack ain't blessed with a natural athletes body it's just genetics and i'd say that due to the injuries he just probably couldn't train flat out all the time anymore.

Regardless of advanced surgery and diet if you can't train to the max regularly due to stiffness/soreness etc it'll show. That'll be one of the reasons he was let go, too much intensity required day to day now and a gaffer who doesn't like passengers.

• Like 1

Football players ain't fit mate, not even close compared to other sports. I remember Dacks come back, I remember screaming it was clearly to much as I didn't think he looked fit, more enthusiasm than anything else and was calling for him to do less pitch time. No he isn't a natural athlete, but very very few people are. You don't get a athletes body by not working it, even those genetically disposed that way MUST train hard.  Stiffness and soreness sums football up, recovery is the main fitness focus and that means they are not fit enough for their sport and football is not physically demanding in the grand scheme of things. 90 mins main activity is walking with intermittent bursts of high intensity activity, Christ a tennis match is more physically demanding and that's scientific fact.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Football players ain't fit mate, not even close compared to other sports. I remember Dacks come back, I remember screaming it was clearly to much as I didn't think he looked fit, more enthusiasm than anything else and was calling for him to do less pitch time. No he isn't a natural athlete, but very very few people are. You don't get a athletes body by not working it, even those genetically disposed that way MUST train hard.  Stiffness and soreness sums football up, recovery is the main fitness focus and that means they are not fit enough for their sport and football is not physically demanding in the grand scheme of things. 90 mins main activity is walking with intermittent bursts of high intensity activity, Christ a tennis match is more physically demanding and that's scientific fact.

Dack's body shape is not that of "natural athlete" and he's the sort of lad who needs to work hard at his fitness and playing regularly to be at his best but coming back from two ACLs would be hard for any player.

If you're saying he didn't work hard to get back on the pitch after 2 career-threatening injuries you're clearly wrong 

As far the rest of the post there's so much wrong it's difficult to know where to start. The bits in bold are nonsense.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Thank you to Jon (Dahl Tomasson) for helping me to improve tactically and for improving my fitness. 

Dack's own words. I think you're confusing fitness with the impact of two ACL's on his pace/agility. Also missing almost 3 years of competitive football won't have helped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Football players ain't fit mate, not even close compared to other sports. 

Christ a tennis match is more physically demanding and that's scientific fact.

Generally a tennis player will run about 4 mile in a men's match, with lots of sitting down and breaks while waiting for serves etc.

A good footballer will run around double that in roughly the same time.

I'd say the fitness levels would be comparable.

You trying to come across as a bit of a fitness guru mate?

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Generally a tennis player will run about 4 mile in a men's match, with lots of sitting down and breaks while waiting for serves etc.

A good footballer will run around double that in roughly the same time.

I'd say the fitness levels would be comparable.

You trying to come across as a bit of a fitness guru mate?

Football vs tennis is like comparing a 5k run vs a bleep test imo. I can run a marathon comfortably but fuck the bleep test.

Indeed boxers outside of the big 3 divisions must be the fittest sportsmen on the planet and their training is insane.

They don't fight very often though these days so they can basically rest up and just tick over when they want.  Championship football is a hard slog for anyone never mind the day to day training.

• Like 1

Pro footballers run on average 7 - 10 miles during a game. Pre-season training is very hard and intense and involves a lot of distance running to get the miles in the players legs to see them through the long, nine-month season. Most amateur players would collapse in a heap after the first day.

Once the games start and the players begin playing often 2 games a week the hard stuff eases down and much of their' time is spent ticking over from a fitness point of view, concentrating on match fitness and resting and recuperating from games. Even so, if the squad isn't playing well or had a few bad results, managers often send players out to do the distance stuff again. 

All sports require different types of fitness and participants train accordingly but to dismiss football as "not physically demanding" is plain wrong. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Thank you to Jon (Dahl Tomasson) for helping me to improve tactically and for improving my fitness. 

Dack's own words. I think you're confusing fitness with the impact of two ACL's on his pace/agility. Also missing almost 3 years of competitive football won't have helped. 

Yeah that was after, wasn't it.

If you're right leg is fucked, you can still train the left and your upper body. Christ you can even structure a strength training session to evoke a cardiovascular improvement. It ain't rocket science. Maintaining fitness and muscle mass is easy with the right nutrition.

I will refrain from any further comments as clearly it upsets people.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Football vs tennis is like comparing a 5k run vs a bleep test imo. I can run a marathon comfortably but fuck the bleep test.

Actually for football it's the yo yo intermittent test, developed by Bangsbo.