BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

6 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Yeah that was after, wasn't it.

If you're right leg is fucked, you can still train the left and your upper body. Christ you can even structure a strength training session to evoke a cardiovascular improvement. It ain't rocket science. Maintaining fitness and muscle mass is easy with the right nutrition.

I will refrain from any further comments as clearly it upsets people.

If he wasn't fit he wasn't getting into a JDT team. Your whole argument is based on a false premise. 

Dack wasn't getting into a JDT team and hence the goodbye.

I am a huge fan of Dack but he was not going to get round the pitch like a Szmodics who is a lesser footballer whom he needed to force out of the side.

I am no sports scientist or fitness freak but I could see with my own eyes.

The lack of clubs being linked with Bradley now is also telling.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

Dack wasn't getting into a JDT team and hence the goodbye.

I am a huge fan of Dack but he was not going to get round the pitch like a Szmodics who is a lesser footballer whom he needed to force out of the side.

I am no sports scientist or fitness freak but I could see with my own eyes.

The lack of clubs being linked with Bradley now is also telling.

Two ACL's will cover all that. And he only lost his place when he did his hamstring. He was keeping SS out of the team before then. 

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I did most sports when I was younger. I loved running, I could run all day. However in the middle of the third round of three minutes per round of boxing I was knackered. I could barely keep my gloves up at the end.

Appreciate it's not even close to the same thing, but there's a VR boxing game called 'Thrill of the Fight', and wow, after literally two minutes I was sweating hard and my arms were hurting. I couldn't believe how quickly it drained me. Now granted I'm not exactly a fitness fanatic, but I could play plenty of other physically demanding games for a good hour or so. Not that one though. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Appreciate it's not even close to the same thing, but there's a VR boxing game called 'Thrill of the Fight', and wow, after literally two minutes I was sweating hard and my arms were hurting. I couldn't believe how quickly it drained me. Now granted I'm not exactly a fitness fanatic, but I could play plenty of other physically demanding games for a good hour or so. Not that one though. 

Getting a bang on the nose with a big glove is a bit tiring as well !

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Getting a bang on the nose with a big glove is a bit tiring as well !

One of the plus points of a VR version is not getting battered, but because you aren't physically hitting anything yourself you end up wildly throwing haymakers until you're knackered, which doesn't take very long. I never learned to box smart, just a wild opening round or two followed by tiredly defending myself and hoping I could hit a lucky knock out punch in the proceeding rounds. 

With that said, it bloody hurts when you accidentally throw a right hook at the living room wall. 

• Like 1

Dack said he needed a run of games to prove his fitness/worth. He got that but then broke down... sensible decision to let him go, but the romantic part of me would love to see him regain some of his old form in the blue & white halves. 

To be fair I think if he had converted chances like a sharper Dack pre injuries did, then he'd still be here. And I wouldn't rule out a return on a 1 year deal on minimal wages compared to the one he had.

• Like 1

It was epic. Slagged us all of as know nowts, a screen grab of some ripped bloke from Google images masquerading as him, he outlined his ‘6 per cent body fat’, his PhD and all manner of other fitness related qualifications (which is odd as he ‘wasn’t a guru’ the other day).

I’m not doing it justice… bring it back, Mods!

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Missed that. What were the highlights?

I think the phrase ‘blowing your own trumpet’ would be applicable here. I never got that vibe from said poster previously, but he seemed to lack the gift of humility in a big way. Either way, I don’t think they’ll be back. 

• Like 1

I think the hamstring injury toward the end of the season will have been the nail in the coffin. Dack had a hamstring graft for his acl reconstructions and having problems in that area so soon after will be a huge red flag in terms of long term fitness and ability to deal with the load of championship football. 

I say this as someone who had had two acl reconstructions.

On 10/06/2023 at 07:41, K-Hod said:

I think the phrase ‘blowing your own trumpet’ would be applicable here. I never got that vibe from said poster previously, but he seemed to lack the gift of humility in a big way. Either way, I don’t think they’ll be back. 

Yeah. He always came across as a good poster to me, humorous at times. Not sure what happened with the fitness arguments.

Maybe the talk of John Bulls and Mrs T's Chippy caused the red mist to descend 😁.

This might ruffle a few feathers because I liked Bradley Dack as much as the next Rovers supporter, but I'm with the podcasters from The Second Tier on their opinion of Dack as of today. I just don't think Dack can keep up with the pace and intensity of this league from what I've seen from him in the last season or two: