BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

This might ruffle a few feathers because I liked Bradley Dack as much as the next Rovers supporter, but I'm with the podcasters from The Second Tier on their opinion of Dack as of today. I just don't think Dack can keep up with the pace and intensity of this league from what I've seen from him in the last season or two:

I think you’d get plenty of takers at this level if he was willing to accept a contract based heavily on appearances made.

Get 25 matches out of him and he’ll probably still get you 10 goals.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

That's roughly double his rate in the last two years, isn't it?

According to transfermarkt , he’s scored a league goal every 297 minutes (last two seasons)

That equates to 7.5 goals per 25 (90 minute) appearances.

My 10 goals over 25 games may be a tad optimistic but I’d expect him to score more regularly if he got the infamous ‘run of games’

I think he can still offer plenty to a team at this level but he might have to be sensible with the contract he is after.

• Like 1

I really feel for Dack because it'll always be a case of "what if"... Deep down, I reckon he'll resent Sam Morsy for the rest of his life. Some idiot did the same to me at university when I was 19 in a training match. I know he didn't intend it, but he was totally reckless and, for whatever reason, I resent him to this day because I then did my other ACL after returning. Or my knees are shit. 😄

I hope Dack does well for himself because he gave his all for Rovers, but I think we have made the right call on him because he's lost a big chunk of his game.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

I personally would’ve kept him for the 12 month option (as he was obviously willing to stay).

Still quality, would be the senior experienced pro in a squad badly lacking experience and a goal scorer in a squad badly lacking goal scorers.

However, I just don’t think JDT fancied him, so fair enough, it’s his team - so let’s just hope he doesn’t shortly feck off too.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I really feel for Dack because it'll always be a case of "what if"... Deep down, I reckon he'll resent Sam Morsy for the rest of his life. Some idiot did the same to me at university when I was 19 in a training match. I know he didn't intend it, but he was totally reckless and, for whatever reason, I resent him to this day because I then did my other ACL after returning. Or my knees are shit. 😄

I don't know why people blame Morsy for Dack's injury it wasn't his fault just like his second one wasn't Raya's fault. It was a rather innocuous incident no foul was given it was just awfully unfortunate for Dack

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I don't know why people blame Morsy for Dack's injury it wasn't his fault just like his second one wasn't Raya's fault.

The Raya one was a freak accident. I just remember Morsy cynically clattering into Dack on the touchline. Maybe I'm wrong, but Morsy was certainly a shit-houser.

• Like 2

The Morsy one was a freak accident too. I think he got blamed much more than Raya because that weird League 1 rivalry still existed in some peoples eyes, whereas Raya was still liked.

Hard to tell regarding Dack, he was excellent for a month or 2 prior to his hamstring injury and he did return pretty soon after. I just never felt that Tomasson fancied him for whatever reason. We will miss his experience as well as his quality and IMO he is worth a chance on for a Championship side.

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The Raya one was a freak accident. I just remember Morsy cynically clattering into Dack on the touchline. Maybe I'm wrong, but Morsy was certainly a shit-houser.

About 40 seconds in (I don’t think you can fast forward)

https://www.beinsports.com/au/efl-championship/video/blackburn-rovers-v-wigan-athletic/1376975

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Morsy one was a freak accident too. I think he got blamed much more than Raya because that weird League 1 rivalry still existed in some peoples eyes, whereas Raya was still liked.

Hard to tell regarding Dack, he was excellent for a month or 2 prior to his hamstring injury and he did return pretty soon after. I just never felt that Tomasson fancied him for whatever reason. We will miss his experience as well as his quality and IMO he is worth a chance on for a Championship side.

Morsy blocked him off. No more than that really. Some refs would have given a free kick, some wouldn’t. Dack was just unlucky in the way he fell. It was obvious right away it was a bad one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 01/08/2023 at 21:16, frosty said:

Olivia made it sound like Dack was desperate for a move. Even her mum said he "just didn't click with that manager".

Obviously didn't fancy putting in the required level of effort.

Far easier going back to the old comfort blanket of Uncle Tony, where gets a cuddle and some lemon drizzle.

On 29/07/2023 at 13:24, roverandout said:

The bit about majority agreeing with his release probably is far fetched 

I think we have to trust JDT - he won't look at Dack with the nostalgic view that most Rovers fans have - coupled with the feeling about what could have been (very similar to the feeling when Jansen tried to come back post accident,) - he will view him as the player he is now, the player he sees every day in training. You then have to view whether he is worth keeping as one of our higher wage earners. Personally, from his play last year, I don't think I would have kept him given our wage constraints.

• Like 2

I was absolutely gutted when he left, but I do understand it:

• At his wages, you have to be one of the main man. He sadly isn't that man anymore.
  • There is a clear difference of opinion between him and JDT. People have mentioned Dack's attitude during JDT's first training session (anyone got the video? Couldn't find it) and the posts above confirm it. 

Ultimately, it isn't in JDT's interests to have a high earning, influential player sat on the bench most weeks, likely very unhappy he's not playing. 

There were times last year we were crying out for Dack, but think some of the furore dissipated somewhat as Szmodics really asserted himself in the team. Sammie is much more of a JDT player, a system in which the front 3 or 4 need to apply incessant pressure and run themselves into the ground. Sadly, Dack isn't able to do that.

Wish him all the best. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think we have to trust JDT - he won't look at Dack with the nostalgic view that most Rovers fans have - coupled with the feeling about what could have been (very similar to the feeling when Jansen tried to come back post accident,) - he will view him as the player he is now, the player he sees every day in training. You then have to view whether he is worth keeping as one of our higher wage earners. Personally, from his play last year, I don't think I would have kept him given our wage constraints.

I agree bit most fans would probably have been happy to have him anonymous year

14 hours ago, Andy said:

Obviously didn't fancy putting in the required level of effort.

Far easier going back to the old comfort blanket of Uncle Tony, where gets a cuddle and some lemon drizzle.

Or he was putting in all the effort he could, but his body just wasn't up to it anymore...

• Like 1