BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

6 hours ago, lraC said:

Tony Field was mentioned as a comparison and that feels about right to me.

Tony Field, superstar,

How many goals have you scored so far?

45 in 106 appearances I believe so goes above Dack

• Like 2

To be honest Dack has looked completely out of shape for a while. His face is podgy and that will be the case neck down too. Unfit, clearly not driven to return to fitness or look after himself when injured, and now looks overweight. Best he goes, we don't need a lazy player in the team when we are pushing being fit etc, as an ethos. He's influential, he's an old head in the team and that has the potential to influence the group negatively, given JDT clearly favours a work hard ethos. Bye Brad, good luck n all the best.

We've got A Wharton anyways 😉

• Like 1

On 17/05/2023 at 18:36, danger19_80 said:

If this is JDT's decision, as Dack's message seems to hint at, that suggests he's planning to stick around

How do you mean ?

"Thank you to Jon (Dahl Tomasson) for helping me to improve tactically and for improving my fitness. Obviously I feel like I could have played a bit more and helped the team a bit more, but it wasn’t meant to be and it was a sad way to go out at Millwall."

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/may/17/dacky--my-message-of-thanks/

11 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Can he be put in the same boat as Andy Crawford or Ken BEamish though?

Just as a side thought. To me Dack was never the same player once Danny Graham started to decline. Keeping Dack makes no sense without a player like Graham. It was probably why the club was trying to get 15mill at the time of the first injury as the club could not replace Graham.

The irony is Danny Graham and a fully fit Dack , we would be probably be promoted now , with the Dingles .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A bit like Tony Field was when we were bumping around the old Division 3 in the 1970’s.

Except Tony Field went on to score a Goal of the Month in the top division and play alongside Pele.

I agree with the poster who tied Dack’s fortunes into Danny Graham, whose ability to win and lay off headers was perfect for Dack’s arriving late from nowhere party piece.

As an aside, loved the compilation of his top goals but, man, was he slimmer then!

• Like 2

Dack is a legend but the right decision

never the same player since injuries, in a high tempo press he is too overweight and slow

He will do a job but not in our style of play, shame

Hope he does not become a Deli Ali

Would liked to have seen him no. 9 last few games when we needed goals

But trust the manager he sees training every day

• Like 6

On 18/05/2023 at 21:08, Ulrich said:

To be honest Dack has looked completely out of shape for a while. His face is podgy and that will be the case neck down too. Unfit, clearly not driven to return to fitness or look after himself when injured, and now looks overweight. Best he goes, we don't need a lazy player in the team when we are pushing being fit etc, as an ethos. He's influential, he's an old head in the team and that has the potential to influence the group negatively, given JDT clearly favours a work hard ethos. Bye Brad, good luck n all the best.

We've got A Wharton anyways 😉

I don't think he's out of shape at all - he's just lost any athleticism he had after two serious knee injuries. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think he's out of shape at all - he's just lost any athleticism he had after two serious knee injuries. 

It was telling a couple of times he's come on as sub recently and he just couldn't get into the pace of the game.

Not sure he'll fancy dropping a division because of money so he'll probably turn up as a well paid Championship squad man somewhere else. If he did though he'll still score a bagful in league one i'd wager.

• Like 1

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Great stuff. He had what you can’t teach. Look what good positions he takes up and how he’s always the first to react. Never panics, lets the defenders do that. Plus he had the technique for every occasion. Right foot, left foot, headers, side foot, toe pokes, blasters he had them all.

Up there with Tony Field for me.

A real shame those two brutal injuries, and/or playing in a team built by Tony Mowbray, robbed him of the chance of playing in the Premier League. He may not have had the pace, but I think his excellent technique and positioning would have made him effective at a higher level. Sadly for him it just wasn't meant to be.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, DE. said:

A real shame those two brutal injuries, and/or playing in a team built by Tony Mowbray, robbed him of the chance of playing in the Premier League. He may not have had the pace, but I think his excellent technique and positioning would have made him effective at a higher level. Sadly for him it just wasn't meant to be.

Wouldn't right him off the Prem just yet, depends who he signs for. No one expected Luton/Coventry/Sunderland to be there or thereabouts this season and those are the kinds of clubs he'll likely sign for

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

He wasn’t the quickest but he had a good change of pace. He could slow down and stop opponents then still go by them even with his lack of real pace. Jack Grealish is the same. Dack was a natural street footballer, there aren’t many around in the era of players being coached from a young age.

I used to watch some Rovers players and think “ bloody hell, I could have done better than that “. I never thought that about Dack, he could do things I could never do, way beyond my skill set even on a my good days.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Wouldn't right him off the Prem just yet, depends who he signs for. No one expected Luton/Coventry/Sunderland to be there or thereabouts this season and those are the kinds of clubs he'll likely sign for

Hadn't really considered Luton/Coventry, but yeah, I suppose that's possible.

2 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

He'd be an absolute donkey with any team in the Prem.

He has an incredible amount of work to do to attain anything like the fitness required in the Championship.

He retains the nous to get into scoring positions but would need carrying by his teammates, perhaps some teams could do that in the championship.

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He wasn’t the quickest but he had a good change of pace. He could slow down and stop opponents then still go by them even with his lack of real pace. Jack Grealish is the same. Dack was a natural street footballer, there aren’t many around in the era of players being coached from a young age.

I used to watch some Rovers players and think “ bloody hell, I could have done better than that “. I never thought that about Dack, he could do things I could never do, way beyond my skill set even on a my good days.

Sounds like you share his knees though…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Sounds like you share his knees though…

Unfortunately yes.  I broke my right leg twice within 9 months and it was in plaster for a long while. My right knee was a bit problematical after that. Over the years it’s just got worse.  I’ve got an appointment for injections in it next month when we get back from Spain. Let’s see how that goes.

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

He'd be an absolute donkey with any team in the Prem.

He has an incredible amount of work to do to attain anything like the fitness required in the Championship.

He retains the nous to get into scoring positions but would need carrying by his teammates, perhaps some teams could do that in the championship.

None of the championship teams I’ve seen this season appear to carry passengers or luxury players. Apart from Rovers of course.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...