BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

8 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Any hints from JDT post match comments about incomings?

All you'll get from JDT is "ask Greg"

Looks like Khadra is done at Sheff Utd and presumably will be available to someone else on loan. I think I'd be open to him, we lack pace a lot of the time.

PNE are desperate to sign Archer on loan, surely he'd pick us over that shower? Exactly the player we need, one of anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Looks like Khadra is done at Sheff Utd and presumably will be available to someone else on loan. I think I'd be open to him, we lack pace a lot of the time.

PNE are desperate to sign Archer on loan, surely he'd pick us over that shower? Exactly the player we need, one of anyway.

I'd hope we're all over that. Last season would have been a lot different if we'd have signed him when Mowbray had the chance. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Well, hopefully Sharpe was right that we are prioritising a striker. We should have won that comfortably today. BBD has turned into BB again, same as he did this time last season.

1 or 2 goal scorers needed and we have a chance of the PO's.

So, exactly the same position as last Jan!

I'd love them to ship Brereton-Diaz out for £8m and bring in 2 with the money. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rigger said:

For me what is essential, is to win the midfield by playing three in there. It is pointless getting a strong midfielder if they are played in a system that is never going to win the battle. I think we will find it hard to get better strikers, with the money we probably, will have. I think whoever we get as a striker (if any), we be a plan B type. Again a change of system to use the strikers we have in a more productive role may be the answer. I agree about the addition of pace, it scares defenders.

You'd see a massive difference if we had a big, goal-scoring #9. Having Gallagher as an option to come off the bench on 70 minutes would be amazing. 

A goal-scoring CF puts us 2-0 up against Boro at half time and allows us to win the Cardiff game 3-0. We missed some golden chances in both games. 

• Like 2

And with the January transfer window now open, the Rovers head coach said: “It would be good to get some players in. I’m a big believer that you always bring players in and out in a transfer window. First of all for competition, but second of all those players who maybe haven’t played that much need to challenge otherwise they will be lacking in energy.”

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Archer yes, Khadra no. There’s a reason Sheff Utd have seen enough.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

37 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

And with the January transfer window now open, the Rovers head coach said: “It would be good to get some players in. I’m a big believer that you always bring players in and out in a transfer window. First of all for competition, but second of all those players who maybe haven’t played that much need to challenge otherwise they will be lacking in energy.”

JDT is not going to settle for a quiet window, and nor should he. We've had some abysmal and even embarrassing performances under JDT, yet we're somehow third. We said it last season under Mowbray, but surely we have to learn our lesson from that - that we can't let the squad be and hope for the best. It definitely needs refreshing. Two or three signings that can hit the ground running would be a huge ask, but it'll be JDT's first full transfer window, and he should be backed. The league position is our positive so far. Let's follow it up and put our chips down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A goal-scoring CF puts us 2-0 up against Boro at half time and allows us to win the Cardiff game 3-0. We missed some golden chances in both games. 

Not sure about that. BBD would be considered goal-scoring by every other club in the league, but he's the one that fluffed the golden chances to win 3-0.

22 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm a season ticket holder, but so disillusioned with the whole thing. Missed the last few homes games, and aint decided if i'm going tomorrow yet.

I cannot recall a time in my life in over 40 years, where my ticket has been left in the drawer.

We can point to being 3rd in the table and think there is so much to be excited about.

Then i look at the 12 defeats, winning and losing is part and parcel of football.

However the product is drab, the football is shite, the gameplan if we have one is predictable to the opposition.

The manager bores the pants off me too.

Pre JDT it was a project, on a journey, x amount of windows etc, young players, other teams have bigger budgets. Heard it every week.

Now under JDT the same old lines, a project, budgets, young players etc.

Lets be under no illusions, this manager has been backed with serious money in terms of what we have spent in the 3 seasons prior. 

He has not had to sell anyone and recycle funds, and being 3rd at this stage has things very much in our own hands.

However i find the whole rovers experience right now boring and easier to watch on the TV.

We've had some poor managers previously but none of them ever had me thinking i'm not going.

Window opens tomorrow, and I wouldnt give him a dime.

I want to see our manager kick every ball with the team', be on that touchline living and breathing the passion.

His cheeky smile, and boy next door persona in interviews aint enough for me.

My opinion probably different to most, but its an opinion which i cannt see changing soon.

Hope everyone has a lovely new year and prosperous 2023, 

I also own a season ticket that is not used too often, for reasons similar to these, but I'm not sure have much is JDT's fault and much it's the longterm decline of the club taking its toll.  Also, I'm 60 this year and just don't get the same buzz from football anymore.  That said I made the 45 minutes drive to Ewood and nearly enjoyed myself.  Don't give up!

• Like 3