BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't know where all the negativity towards scot wharton has come from recently! He's an absolutely quality cb and only going to get better with experience, his form may have dipped a bit, but he's young and the form of most the squad has been shite at times. 

He’s not had a good season so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Wouldn't be fussed if we missed out on Porteous, not in the slightest.

If Ayala is released - Hyam and Scott Wharton make a solid pair at this level. Plus, our midfield has been costing us games, not our defenders.

Signing Porteous would impede the development of our younger defenders, more specifically i'm thinking of Ash Phillips.

We're incredibly fortunate to have a young prospect like Phillips in our ranks, given his potential he's probably the envy of most clubs in the country - including teams in the PL!

We need to give Ash opportunities, help him fulfil his potential, and give him a reason to commit to the Club long-term. The financial benefits that we'd reap from this, could be off the scale. If we truly are a development squad, this is what we need to do.

Forget about Porteous I say. Put the money towards an experienced CDM who can complement the likes of Buckley and Adam Wharton.

Good post! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

If Ayala is released - Hyam and Scott Wharton make a solid pair at this level. Plus, our midfield has been costing us games, not our defenders.

Signing Porteous would impede the development of our younger defenders, more specifically i'm thinking of Ash Phillips.

We're incredibly fortunate to have a young prospect like Phillips in our ranks, given his potential he's probably the envy of most clubs in the country - including teams in the PL!

We need to give Ash opportunities, help him fulfil his potential, and give him a reason to commit to the Club long-term. The financial benefits that we'd reap from this, could be off the scale. If we truly are a development squad, this is what we need to do.

Forget about Porteous I say. Put the money towards an experienced CDM who can complement the likes of Buckley and Adam Wharton.

Completly agree. We need to get one or two midfield gems. Our midfield is our biggest issue

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23268434.blackburn-rovers-two-transfer-deals-doubt-ayala-ban-confirmed/

Keeper deal falling through. Watford in strong for Porteous and competition for Undav. 

Dear me, reads like we will lucky to get one of these deals done. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23268434.blackburn-rovers-two-transfer-deals-doubt-ayala-ban-confirmed/

Keeper deal falling through. Watford in strong for Porteous and competition for Undav. 

RE-Undav “rovers are exploring other striking options as a result” - We know where this one is heading….

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Undav is the only one of those that really needs to happen. We can live with it if the other 2 fall through.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

RE-Undav “rovers are exploring other striking options as a result” - We know where this one is heading….

Step forward, David Hargreaves.....

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s not had a good season so far.

I thought he started the season excellently alongside Ayala! 

To me it seemed to be around the time he and his brother got overlooked for the Burnley game that something seemed to turn a little sour, maybe just my imagination but i got tge feeling there might have been disagreements around the training ground over that and thats effected things, but ability wise i think he's very good for a young cb

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I thought he started the season excellently alongside Ayala! 

To me it seemed to be around the time he and his brother got overlooked for the Burnley game that something seemed to turn a little sour, maybe just my imagination but i got tge feeling there might have been disagreements around the training ground over that and thats effected things, but ability wise i think he's very good for a young cb

He kept on passing the ball to the opposition and was caught out of position a lot earlier in the season.

He had a good game at the weekend, so hopefully he's over his blip in form.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The inability of Broughton and co to close a deal is frightening.

There can be no excuses - he is paid a relatively huge amount of money to oil the wheels.

You'd have expected them to get one very good deal over the line this window if only to show a statement of intent and prove their worth, they've had half a season to get at least one deal lined up and ready

That said!! These aren't new problems, we had the same issue through the last few years of the Mowbray era

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The inability of Broughton and co to close a deal is frightening.

There can be no excuses - he is paid a relatively huge amount of money to oil the wheels.

You are always on the wind up, that much is clear

I am beginning to think you are a parody

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Adam Wharton come back into the side. How long is he out for, does anyone know?

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Change the staff around yet the same issues linger. 

Everything has to go to Venkys for approval still on transfers and then when approval is given they need to wait for funds to arrive.

It's a long drawn out process which unfortunately means we miss out on most of our targets as other clubs step in while we are waiting for approvals.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are always on the wind up, that much is clear

I am beginning to think you are a parody

No wind up.  Simply factual.

Some have mentioned different staff same outcome, some have mentioned budgetary constraints.

Two points:

• Firstly, hire staff who can do the feckin job. 
  • Secondly, Broughton knows the budget so he should either fish in the right feckin ponds or wheel and deal. 

I think indecision and lack of nous and judgement are holding us back.

Other clubs with budgetary constraints manage to make signings so why the feck can't we!?  There are simply no excuses.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No wind up.  Simply factual.

Some have mentioned different staff same outcome, some have mentioned budgetary constraints.

Two points:

• Firstly, hire staff who can do the feckin job. 
  • Secondly, Broughton knows the budget so he should either fish in the right feckin ponds or wheel and deal. 

I think indecision and lack of nous and judgement are holding us back.

Other clubs with budgetary constraints manage to make signings so why the feck can't we!?  There are simply no excuses.

I wonder what common factor links the last 10 to 12 years where we have struggled to be organised in the transfer window. Hmmm does any one know? What is different about us than other clubs

ITS FUCKING VENKYS not Broughton 

• Like 8