BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Utterly pointless signing.. without a view for a permanent move  what is the actual point? Oh he does well? Nice he's back at Huddersfield to help strengthen them or his value goes up and someone else comes and buys him thus bringing in money for a championship rival ..loving this project me 

I would prefer an option or to sign him permanently but we are struggling to create chances and he was third in assists in the league last season it's still a good signing in the short term.

We should really be ensuring we finish in the top 6 and  I feel we would have a better chance with Thomas playing ,he is better than the other options we have

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Utterly pointless signing.. without a view for a permanent move  what is the actual point? Oh he does well? Nice he's back at Huddersfield to help strengthen them or his value goes up and someone else comes and buys him thus bringing in money for a championship rival ..loving this project me 

Whats the difference between signing him or Gerhaldt on loan?Thomas is proven in this division.If he can contribute a few assists and help us finish in the top 6 then the signing will have been worthwhile 

It certainly isn't utterly pointless

Edited by islander200
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Agreed. With our budget these days -at £2million he should be regarded as a first team top player,  not a decent back up to see out games.  If he was £500k fair enough but for what we paid he's a  poor signing.  

How do you know what we paid?

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

No idea and no idea. I'm not sure he's being heralded as the second coming. Maybe it's the assists thing you keep ignoring. 

No one mentioned a "second coming" - only you.  I merely asked the question as to why, if he's so good at "assists", Huddersfield are letting him go 

1 minute ago, Danny O.Brien said:

If we go up or even finish top six there is a very real possiblity we could sign him. Why wouldn't there be? Especially if Huddersfield go down. Let's just see how he gets on first before people complain about no future fee agreed. Jesus Christ 🫠

I think its strange because it doesn't fit into the mantra of "the project", especially considering we have openly talked about doing deals similar to Hedges (players coming our of contact). Over on DATM they are talking about him costing £5mill+

Just a loan is disappointing. 

However I watched a lot of Thomas last season. He’s quick, works hard and importantly has one of the best deliveries in the league. He can play on the wing or at wingback so will give us further flexibility. Was actually heavily linked with Fulham in the summer.

Our seemingly reliance on loans this windows is disappointing.

• Like 2

Really like Sorba Thomas as a player. Him and Lewis O'Brien were the standout players for Huddersfield's playoff side last season. Can play on either wing and has been used a wing back as well. Plenty of pace and takes set pieces. 

Intrigued to know what's happened to see him out of favour at Huddersfield. And as people have already discussed, a straight loan move is quite bizarre. Doesn't do anything for us beyond the short term.

Yeah but if he comes in and does a job it benefits him and us. Whether that is here next season or not. Remember when we signed brererton initially on loan and the future fee was seven million and none of us could believe it. Same with hirst just be glad that wasnt the same type of deal and we had to keep him and pay at the end of the season. There is no guarantees what could or should happen next season. We could potentially go up. Then would we want him here permanently or would we be looking at someone to keep us up. Other side of it we don't go up and haven't committed to spending money. Huddersfield go down and he is available at a cut price and has no intention of playing on league one after having a decent loan spell here. There's so many potentials between now and the end of the season. The most important of which right now is improving our squad which he no doubt does.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Whats the difference between signing him or Gerhaldt on loan?Thomas is proven in this division.If he can contribute a few assists and help us finish in the top 6 then the signing will have been worthwhile 

It certainly isn't utterly pointless

Sorry but I disagree, goes against what they have been saying in regards to a project, will only hinder game time for dolan, markandy or Hedges and then fucks back off again 

• Like 1

Just now, ItsRoverZ said:

Sorry but I disagree, goes against what they have been saying in regards to a project, will only hinder game time for dolan, markandy or Hedges and then fucks back off again 

A project also involves winning football matches. It might also mean Markanday can go on loan. It's not developing players OR winning games. It's both. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I wouldn't say it's pointless because the team needs pace and we don't have a genuine winger

But when a struggling club like Huddersfield presumably don't deem him good enough and they've just signed 2 more wingers then you have to ask questions as to why we're taking him on

7 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Might be better watching that in a mirror! I thought he was left footed until I realised!  I can play on either wing if you do that with the clips🤣

That's a funny shirt number he's wearing, and something's not quite right with the advertising boards! 🤣

image.png.e90125ca8be14cdeddfc92e21c591de4.png

sorry @Sweaty Gussets, meant to quote your post asking the question rather than mine

Edited by windymiller7
wrong post quote

Unsure what to make of Thomas, decent player on his day but has failed to replicate his form this season. Much more underwhelming as a loan without an option.

One thing he would give us is a set piece threat, the likes of Hedges and Morton are usually appalling from set pieces.

Pushes Markanday further away, maybe he will be loaned out?

9 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Gerhaldt and Undav will fuck off back back again .

At the end of the day I want to see us in the playoffs for the first time since we got relegated forgetting about long term

Markanday doesn't look to be fancied maybe this deal will allow him to go on loan and platv...Dolan usually plays as a false nine when included and even when he plays wide he carries the ball too much and doesn't really have a good delivery.

Thomas does have a good delivery and had an outstanding season last season and even 6 assists this year when he has been out of favour and Huddersfield struggling is still a decent enough return.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Really don’t rate this move. Loan without an option to make permanent. 

Where does this signing fit into the project then? It’s a pointless move that will just block Dolan/Markanday’s progress. 

Either sign him permanently or on loan with a buy option. Straight loan from a Championship rival is ridiculous. 

I'm guessing....cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Cordoba said:

Nixon claiming this is 'a paid for loan and prospective full move in summer'...

A straight loan is a weird move if true. Would be happier if there is an option to make it permanent. 

If my memory serves me right, didn’t Sorba Thomas miss a sitter in front of the Darwen End this season?