BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

There is talk about long term plans and how next season is the one to judge but the focus in the window was clearly loans, so there is no consistency. How anyone can hold any faith that Broughton is the key to a long term plan at this stage is beyond me.

How many windows did Tomasson say to judge him on?

I imagine this one isn't included.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As I've said multiple times in this thread, I'm bitterly disappointed that we didn't bring in a CF as that puts the end to our Playoff hopes.

We have a striker that has scored over 30 goals in 2 seasons. A striker addition hasn’t put paid to our playoff hopes, we are lacking all over the park.

Im surprised you can’t see that. 

• Like 1

Then there’s the repercussions it might have on Rochdale. They went out and signed a few players earlier that day. Were they relying on our transfer fee to fund their deals  ? What went through my mind is they had time to photograph the lad with the Rovers shirt but not enough time to actually sign the bleeding forms !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There is talk about long term plans and how next season is the one to judge but the focus in the window was clearly loans, so there is no consistency. How anyone can hold any faith that Broughton is the key to a long term plan at this stage is beyond me.

there has never been any long term plans at rovers since the chicken mob took over,they can announce the new regime but in the background it`s still the same old ****show that started in 2011,i fully expect the club to state that jdt will leave his position at the end of the season,i don`t like his football ideaology but feel sorry he`s been sold a con

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, booth said:

How many windows did Tomasson say to judge him on?

I imagine this one isn't included.

I’m not sure, but my thoughts are the club should be judged on every window.

The intention should always to be stronger at the end than we were at the beginning.

When did that last actually happen?

Edited by wilsdenrover
Removed unnecessary wording

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

We have a striker that has scored over 30 goals in 2 seasons. A striker addition hasn’t put paid to our playoff hopes, we are lacking all over the park.

Im surprised you can’t see that. 

That striker hasn't scored in 11 games and has missed at least 3 sitters in that time frame.

His head has gone, mentally he's in Spain already.

We win the Boro and Rotherham games if someone can put the ball in the back of the net - that's 6 points without even thinking about it.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there has never been any long term plans at rovers since the chicken mob took over,they can announce the new regime but in the background it`s still the same old ****show that started in 2011,i fully expect the club to state that jdt will leave his position at the end of the season,i don`t like his football ideaology but feel sorry he`s been sold a con

His football ideology may have turned out sound if he'd been backed.

I don't see much difference between his ideology and Kompany's tbh. It's just Kompany has better players - and two first teams to choose from.

Edited by booth

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m not sure, but my thoughts are the club should be judged on every window.

The intention should always to be stronger at the end than we were at the beginning.

When did that last actually happen?

I was meaning how can we judge him after X transfer windows, if in one of them we only signed one loanee. It's not planning for the future and makes no sense. Just like it makes no sense to bring in a manager who wants to play football, if you don't back him.

The clubs and the managers "projects" are two different things, it seems.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That striker hasn't scored in 11 games and has missed at least 3 sitters in that time frame.

His head has gone, mentally he's in Spain already.

We win the Boro and Rotherham games if someone can put the ball in the back of the net - that's 6 points without even thinking about it.

We got hammered at Rotherham, we couldn’t defend?  We could have had Shearer up front and we’d have lost 2-4.

We are lacking all over the park.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

We got hammered at Rotherham, we couldn’t defend? 

We could have had Shearer up front and we’d have lost 2-4.

Is that not looking at it a tad simplistic? We literally had no midfield that day.

I agree we need two fullbacks (and a striker!) but with a midfield general we'd have been much better off and possibly sneaked into the play offs.

It may have actually lead to coming back from behind in some games.

But it's done now, that's that. Just as it was last January, and the January before that, and before that, and before that... Etc.

I'm done with thinking the club will ever come good again, as it seems the club is finally done as a competitive organisation. I've often said the team has too many passengers. Looks like behind the scenes we have even more, just parasitically drawing a wage.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I have an inkling Waggot was just putting space between himself and any responsibility.

GB will be the fall guy.

We are at home on Monday night...Waggot is an anchor ...Should be sung loudly by those in attendance... Apologies for the bad spelling 😂

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, M_B said:

Would have been a bit of a coup if they'd managed to pull the O'brien transfer off,and would have made it a successful transfer window.

The recruitment team did it's job, I'll bet there were a few looking on with envy. 

Real shame for it to fall down on technicalities, we probably won't get the chance again. 

Here's hoping the appeal is a success. 

Poor window even if O'Brien wasn't ballsed up.  Striker was the priority as mentioned by the manager  and they didn't deliver.  How can you claim the recruitment team did its  job? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

So the FA have turned down Rovers registration for the 2 players, I wonder if they would turn down the red devils and the other hot shots registering a £50,000,000 player, probably not with the backhanders they would recieve. Players don't want to play for clubs like Rovers because it's the state the games in, money counts not football. Let's give it our best shot with what we've got, and finish in the top 6.

WTF are you on about again it's sod all to do with the players.

1 minute ago, booth said:

I was meaning how can we judge him after X transfer windows, if in one of them we only signed one loanee. It's not planning for the future and makes no sense. Just like it makes no sense to bring in a manager who wants to play football, if you don't back him.

The clubs and the managers "projects" are two different things, it seems.

With our set up (coach/director of football) I don’t think we can use transfer windows to judge JDT - I think we have to judge him on performances and results on the pitch.

When he said “judge me after x windows’ he probably, naively assumed that would be how long it would take for the club to provide him with the players he wants/needs.

if my interpretation is correct, he may well need to add on many more windows to allow for the club’s incompetence ( although I doubt he’ll be willing to hang around that long)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, M_B said:

Would have been a bit of a coup if they'd managed to pull the O'brien transfer off,and would have made it a successful transfer window.

The recruitment team did it's job, I'll bet there were a few looking on with envy. 

Real shame for it to fall down on technicalities, we probably won't get the chance again. 

Here's hoping the appeal is a success. 

Not having a pop but a decent striker would have made a successful window.  Also ur point about technicalities.  It's only a technicalitiy if it's some minor blip not some major clusterfuck

Edited by roverandout

26 minutes ago, BigBar said:

This really has left the sourest of tastes in my mouth, struggled to shake it all day. Fucking shocking. I try tell myself not to be irate but I can't help it.

It's like mustering up the courage to ask out the sexiest most coveted woman in the area, she says yeah ok go on then. You can't believe it, you send her all the details on where and when. You get a shower, the fancy shirt, the counterfeit cologne. She's at the chosen location, she's actually going to see it through. You are ready to go, ready to pretend to be whoever she wants you to be, hopefully she falls for it. You walk out the house, stick the keys in the ignition only to release you haven't put any petrol in the car, try to call a mate to bail you out and your phone battery dies. It's all falling apart. You are royally fucked...and not in the way you wanted. 

My mum comes home from the hairdressers one day. She says - “ One of the girls in the shop would like a date with you “. I already had a girl I was seeing off an on so I didn’t pay her much attention.

About a year later my mum and I are walking down the main street in town when I see this absolute stunner walking towards us. She was a girl I’d lusted after for ages but never had the courage to make a move.

She smiled at my mum and when she’d gone my mum said - “ That’s the girl who wanted a date with you ! “

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, booth said:

His football ideology may have turned out sound if he'd been backed.

I don't see much difference between his ideology and Kompany's tbh. It's just Kompany has better players - and two first teams to choose from.

He has to accept that though and mix it up more which i think to be fair he has recently, however we know how these guys work. Often revert to type very quickly.