BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, Hi Mack said:

I can’t believe after last year’s January failure we are sat here one year on reflecting on a January that was 10 times worse. The appointment of GB was supposed to negate all these cockups.

Probably the biggest indictment of all: nothing has changed

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Question - is it a fact GB was at the match? I ask this as i read it on here from numerous posters.

I also ask as his claims of being at the medical, was this a.m or p.m? 

If its a.m he has done a great job of making people think pm. If it was pm, he cant possibly have been at the match

He says he left the medical at 9.15pm in his interview with Rich Sharpe so he definitely wasn’t at the match. Also says they only got the green light on the deal around lunchtime and O’Brien trained with Forest in the morning so that would also suggest the medical couldn’t have been in the a.m.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I think the worse thing about this shit show is not only have we lost out on one of the biggest signings in the past 10 years but the fact this facade has turned the fan base slightly toxic again, probably at the worst time possible.

I can’t believe after last year’s January failure we are sat here one year on reflecting on a January that was 10 times worse. The appointment of GB was supposed to negate all these cockups.

It's another clear sign or the resentment still bubbling under the surface because most know the club is still run by a shower of uninterested self servers.

I don't include GB and JDT in that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

GB is a breath of fresh air for me.  The stupid conspiracy theories, the calling for sackings, the OTT anger at certain members of staff, and the rest, when the facts aren't fully known sound like the rantings of middle-aged men angry at the world.  

Come on Paul, you were middle-aged once. You know how crazy things can get. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Just listened to Cooper on Radio Lancashire, he’s livid and clearly sees Rovers as being unprofessional and letting their player down. Scathing

The club’s reputation has been ruined within the sport for years to come. Do they even realise this, it is a MAJOR disgrace. As I said before I don’t care about people being patsies and saying that the back stops with them, I want the real culprits to be axed and that includes Waggot. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

The club’s reputation has been ruined within the sport for years to come. Do they even realise this, it is a MAJOR disgrace. As I said before I don’t care about people being patsies and saying that the back stops with them, I want the real culprits to be axed and that includes Waggot. 

it`s going to put players off coming here,the only ones who will sign are the desperate ones and the journeymen,looking for one last wage

50 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Smells of strategically trying to influence a change of opinion within the supporter base.

They know his article will come on here.

They also know many of us use twitter and will tweet this out to followers, which will get retweeted, then suddenly its the EFL's pettyness at fault.

Fair play, with the video today and these leaks, its certainly having an affect.

However i aint buying it, and maintain we need to remove all responsible including broughton. At £160k a year, an important window, a circa 200 million jackpot if we go up. He should of personally overseen the operation. Its 2 days a year he needs to be there ensuring its slick. No he was at the match, leaving others to do it.

His statement of "i was there at the medical, is devious, to plant a seed he was in the thick of it. Truth is he may have been at the medical but chose to go and watch the match.

So he left Manchester at 9ish to

watch the match? In Birmingham 

The only reason I can see a players nationality / ethnicity being relevant on the registration form is to ensure clubs are abiding by set quotas re foreign players etc. But that's more something to do with bigger fish who are playing in European competition, as opposed to us signing a 19yr old novice from Rochdale.

Pedantic just isn't the word; this lot give the county court money claims centre a run for its money.

Edited by Atko's Engine
Spelling

I like Gregg, I'd keep gregg and his team, I'd keep JDT and his number 2 but replace the rest of the coaches (mainly Benson and lowe) 

I'd get shot of the maggot, slyvestor and that twohat that said there ain't nothing special about blackburn rovers 

Bring some fresh young blood in, real go getters and we shall see how much better off we are 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Wish GB had come out sooner to clarify what was happening.  He's a breath of fresh air.  Despite the massive disappointment of this transfer window, I'm glad he's at our club and feel like with him involved we MAY be moving in the right direction.

Why does GB generate such enthusiasm with certain posters? He's been an unmitigated disaster since he joined the Club.

(Sure someone will mention "Hyam" in a minute but even Owen Coyle managed to unearth and sign Charlie Mulgrew. And we managed to get the paperwork for that done correctly and in time.)

However that's done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

That's a lesson though that he shouldn't really need to be learning. Not good enough to say I'll do better in future. Too avoidable for me to see any silver lining.

Yeah, I get you. Probably not a silver lining, but one of the many small lies I convince myself to get through the day 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Smells of strategically trying to influence a change of opinion within the supporter base.

They know his article will come on here.

They also know many of us use twitter and will tweet this out to followers, which will get retweeted, then suddenly its the EFL's pettyness at fault.

Fair play, with the video today and these leaks, its certainly having an affect.

However i aint buying it, and maintain we need to remove all responsible including broughton. At £160k a year, an important window, a circa 200 million jackpot if we go up. He should of personally overseen the operation. Its 2 days a year he needs to be there ensuring its slick. No he was at the match, leaving others to do it.

His statement of "i was there at the medical, is devious, to plant a seed he was in the thick of it. Truth is he may have been at the medical but chose to go and watch the match.

You mean Waggot, right?

Broughton was with O'Brien in Manchester, then Brockhall.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why does GB generate such enthusiasm with certain posters? He's been an unmitigated disaster since he joined the Club.

I’m genuinely interested in how you’d classify the first, what, 6 months of GB’s tenure at the club as an ‘unmitigated disaster’…?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, yankfan said:

Obviously, I know you’re going to ask me what they are and unfortunately because of the appeal, I can’t go into them.”

why would the appeal prevent anyone from disclosing the issue?  It’s not like it’s some sort of classified document. Only reason is to save face. 

They must have messed the paperwork up rather than being late with it. If there was a risk of the latter, just put the deal sheet in to secure another couple of hours to get all sorted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I’m genuinely interested in how you’d classify the first, what, 6 months of GB’s tenure at the club as an ‘unmitigated disaster’…?

I know, such a bad comment…. This transfer window he has failed big style, he knows that.

I wouldn’t say tying down numerous key youngster to long contracts as a “disaster”

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

The only reason I can see a players nationality  / ethnicity being relevant on the registration form is to ensure clubs are abiding by set quotes revfireign players etc.

There aren't any? As far as I'm aware. No quotas on foreign players, but you need at least 8 homegrown players or you lose a squad spot for each one you don't have (ie, you can normally register 25 players but if only 7 are homegrown you can only register 24).

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Has to be more to it.

This is what’s called “taking control of the narrative”.

Honestly can’t believe those are the actual reasons.

At the end of the day I'm what many would call a 'happy clapper' because I have a season ticket and appreciate the professional breath of fresh air that Broughton and JDT have been.

That said, as pedantic as it sounds, if boxes on the form haven't been ticked and an agent's name has been misspelt then that's entirely on us and we don't have a leg to stand on. These are deals for hundreds of thousands of pounds - you absolutely have to dot every i and cross every t. It's a basic administrative failure on our behalf. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

20 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Wish GB had come out sooner to clarify what was happening.  He's a breath of fresh air.  Despite the massive disappointment of this transfer window, I'm glad he's at our club and feel like with him involved we MAY be moving in the right direction.

I simply don't know how you've formed this opinion after the last few days. The interview is precisely what I'd have expected from anybody in his shoes. I feel like you watched a different interview to the one I watched.