BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

14 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Rovers signed Brereton 'on loan with a view to buy' from the same club so surely everyone on both sides knew the process that needed to be followed.  

Wasn't just a view, it was mandatory just like this one will be if we went up. Or would have been. So yeh, we have agreed this sort of deal with them before, assuming it's still the same owners/board members on their side.

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

BRFC4EVA - “I fucking hate this club” 

The world is a funny place today 

Lol we went to uni together. He's a good egg, definitely loves the club, but of course is just frustrated with the muppets running it. The contrast between name and statement is funny though.

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If this fails then I want an apology, I want an honest explanation, I want to know why we waited so long to identify players when we had a World Cup window, I want to know what the plans are, I want to know who is at fault and they aren’t working at blackburn rovers anymore, I want to know what will be done so this never happens again and a clear go between with fans and management because at the moment the silence is almost worse than the transfer balls up. 
fans are owed this but I fear there is no chance they will get it. It’s a hard club to love, venkys continue to Chip away at the soul. 

The World Cup doesn't really affect it tbf. Business couldn't be done during it, and a break in domestic matches doesn't make things any easier for the recruitment team. Arguably the opposite as there are no games here to actively scout (there would still be archives of course so it won't have mattered too much).

Still a proper shambles this though. But in the interests of fairness, worth pointing out we don't know yet if it's our side or theirs that have fucked it...but with our history and the fact it's two of our deals it's happening to, well...

Just now, Hi Mack said:

Greg Broughton has been a disaster since he started, talks a good game but has done absolutely nothing. The step to DOF looks like it was a few steps to far.

He defiantly hasn’t been a disaster since he started. He’s done well to tie down the youngsters. I will agree he has failed here though with or without O’brien.

12 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I fucking hate this club

I do wonder if making fans feel as despondent as this isn’t the goal of some involved with the club.

What is to love about Blackburn Rovers in 2023? How does the future look for this football club under these owners?

I’m truly amazed the fans continue to turn up both home and away, but many more inept, incompetent fook ups like this will eventually see us leaving in droves. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He defiantly hasn’t been a disaster since he started. He’s done well to tie down the youngsters. I will agree he has failed here though with or without O’brien.

Meanwhile BBD has gone on a free. Tying Vale down wasn’t exactly a stroke of genius. All our signings haven’t exactly been imaginative……he’s hardly found any diamonds.

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

I do wonder if making fans feel as despondent as this isn’t the goal of some involved with the club.

What is to love about Blackburn Rovers in 2023? How does the future look for this football club under these owners?

I’m truly amazed the fans continue to turn up both home and away, but many more inept, incompetent fook ups like this will eventually see us leaving in droves. 

I’d say losing over half the fan base means the droves have already left. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

My son has asked me today, why I inflicted this club on him. I could only say sorry 🤷‍♂️

My dad grew up a Man City fan (as he grew up in Manchester). I converted him to Rovers when I was a kid when the family moved here.

I apologise at every home match.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

You're down to the bare bones of the fan base as is.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The World Cup doesn't really affect it tbf. Business couldn't be done during it, and a break in domestic matches doesn't make things any easier for the recruitment team. Arguably the opposite as there are no games here to actively scout (there would still be archives of course so it won't have mattered too much).

Still a proper shambles this though. But in the interests of fairness, worth pointing out we don't know yet if it's our side or theirs that have fucked it...but with our history and the fact it's two of our deals it's happening to, well...

Sorry but it does, with no matches to concentrate on we should be looking at january recruitment and making contact with the various clubs to sound out chances of a deal. It is clearly the ideal time for this. You think they only start scouting a player during transfer windows 

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry but it does, with no matches to concentrate on we should be looking at january recruitment and making contact with the various clubs to sound out chances of a deal. It is clearly the ideal time for this. You think they only start scouting a player during transfer windows 

Well no that was kind of my point. We don't need a domestic break to scout players. What do you mean without matches to concentrate on? The recruitment team don't concentrate on our matches. I'm not having a go I'm just confused as to what point you're making. I don't know if you read my post thoroughly?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Missing out on this lad is one thing, but this side is miles away from being contenders for promotion, which makes him coming in pretty irrelevant for me.

No it's not - however the component we need, a goal scorer (that can hopefully bring others into the play) isn't coming in.