BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

There’s been some bloody ludicrous Boxing Day trips over the last 15 years or so. Middlesbrough twice, this lot twice. As well as the corresponding fixtures at ewood. The authorities must think we’re in the north east, certainly things get a bit blurry for them north of Watford. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

There’s been some bloody ludicrous Boxing Day trips over the last 15 years or so. Middlesbrough twice, this lot twice. As well as the corresponding fixtures at ewood. The authorities must think we’re in the north east, certainly things get a bit blurry for them north of Watford. 

Rovers/Cardiff, NYD (and that’s even before Sky got involved with KO times), so say no more to the esteem the authorities have for football fans…

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I had the same thought earlier today.

They are southern softies, of course they do.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If only we were lucky enough to be situated in an English region stretching from Scotland to Yorkshire that only has three clubs in the top three divisions…

instead of the dozen plus in just a forty mile radius from us!

That may be Mattyblue but you have to admit their loyalty is fantastic...30k crowds in Div1.

An average crowd of 30k. We had an average crowd of 13k in that league.

So why is 30k ‘fantastic loyalty’ when they have a vastly bigger catchment area? They are just lucky to be where they are. Imagine if the only league clubs in the whole of old Lancashire was say us, City and Everton… what crowds do you think we’d be getting?

They are no more ‘loyal’ than any set of fans. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I'm guessing Lancashire Police wouldnt want to have to do local derbies at Xmas time and that's why we have to trek half way up the country instead.

Edited by Darrenbot

Just watch a few goal highlights vids of our previous treks up there and quite often there are empty seats all over the gaff. Now there'd probably still be 25-30k on so do they ever get stick for 15k empty seats ?

Well no but again pound 4 pound it's like us getting 10k, do we get stick ?

Well yes relentlessly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Sunderland v rovers and Blackpool vs hull. If switched rovers and hull I doubt either fixture particularly high on the rivalry stakes for the police but significantly better Boxing Day fixtures for all concerned. 

Having been at the last Blackpool vs Rovers match and walked home afterwards, I can confirm there was a shitload of trouble both in and outside the ground. At half time, chairs and beers were being thrown over the wall en masse by Blackpool and Rovers fans (I believe 2 or 3 fans received bans as a result) and outside afterwards there were gangs of youths trying to kick off with each other, police riot vans and horses interceding. The most trouble I've personally witnessed at a game in a long time. I remarked to my friend at the time, if it's like this with us then what will it be like when Preston rock up.

Well the tea and biscuits were always good here and Steve's coffee was real soothing but now i'm captaining a huge tanker i get revels everyday me.

Sounds good it's alright for some, since i arrived iv'e had to bring a flask and buy a danish pastry from Levers.  Steve and Gregg spend a lot of time sat around Harrods hampers in his office though. I'm thinking if i sell you Dack in January i might get a piece of that luxury action as well !

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Having a large fan base in a poorly-contested catchment area isn't loyalty, and it isn't impressive either.

We differ on that. Their crowds are impressive for a somewhat deprived area also suffering hard times.

They do have a huge catchment area though but get bums on seats.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2