BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

I am reasonably confident of getting a win today but I base that on the tactical inadequacies of Mowbray (as witnessed many times) rather than having too much faith in how Tomasson will set us up. The high press we have employed this season has worked well and at Norwich I would say was the biggest contributor to the win. Squeezing play from the back and denying them any space is important if we are pressing high up the pitch. With a big, expectant crowd the onus will be on them so, as ever the first goal will be vital. We should try and mix play up like we did at Norwich and not afraid to go long. The first goal at Norwich came from a Kaminski long kick, winning a free kick thirty yards out and scoring. This is such a simple game.

Safe travels as always to anyone going there today.

• Like 6

I hope Dack's and Buckley's recent showings in the first team aren't just for next month's shop window. The pair of them have shown recently that they can fit into JDT's style, and perhaps they have just needed time to adapt. Buckley has an arrogant confidence about him which I like. He's correct when he suggests there aren't many better than him in this league when he's on his game. I hope he gets a start today, along with Dack.

• Like 1

We know what we are up against here with a Mowbray side usually non existent one half and good the other. First halves were often the no show ones so if we can start well and get that first goal anything can happen.

Sit back and invite pressure faffing at the back we could see another Burnley style result and performance.

Get into em, COYB.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Bloody hell, that bench is a bit light. I can’t see any game changers on there.

Hirst and Markanday are the ones with the chance and opportunity to change if need be. Time they shown the talent and ability they got. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

It was shocking both inside the ground on the Spion Kop  where the incident happened and  outside the ground afterwards.

Think about half a dozen, including one policeman, were detained in hospital overnight.

Pretty certain it occured round about the time of Martin Luther King's assassination back in 1968.

For the record, Rovers won the game 1-0.

Don't recall Stuart Baird (the original and real 'Birdy') having any involvement in the incident.  This guy was as hard as nails and sorted out Millwall's F Troop behind the Darwen End with some of his mates.  Think today's Rovers' delinquents would have run a mile if fronted by him.

As far today, fancy Rovers strongly and gone for the win at 12/5 - fill yer Christmas boots! Fun bet at 33/1 is a 3-1 score.

On 25/12/2022 at 10:50, rigger said:

I used to pray he wouldn't get on the same coach as me when going away. If he did it always ended in terror.

Someone nicknamed Kipper was the ammonia culprit apparently!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

Think we will miss dolans high energy but other then that I'm happy with the line up, good to see Hedges further forward.

Sunderland have some dangerous players but so do we if we actually turn up, i thought Sunderland in the reverse fixture was one of if not the best team at ewood this season so we will have to be well up for this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If Gallagher has to come off at any point we’d be better chucking Ayala or Wharton up top than Hirst.

Has Mowbray hack your account? 

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I still think I’d rather have Travis at right back in Brittain’s abscence than JRC.

JRC was very good at right back at Norwich. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

First thing that jumps out at you. No game changers on there at all.

I think it’s mainly because he’s gone with a more attacking and ball playing 11 than normal. 
There’s usually at least 1 if not 2 or 3 of Buckley, Dack, Hedges, Gallagher on the bench, whilst we usually have Travis and Szmodics starting or 3 CBs.

Still no space for Adam Wharton on the bench again is interesting 

Edited by superniko

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has Mowbray hack your account? 

I can’t recall Mowbray ever throwing a centre back up top, unfortunately. Better managers have done it frequently though.

Dalglish utilised Hendry up front to good effect many times. Allardyce recognised it was more useful putting Samba up top than Maceo Rigters. And Hirst makes Rigters look like Haaland.

• Like 3