BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

Which Rovers will be making the trip to Mackem land I wonder? Will it be the powder puff tippy tappy fluff your lines brigade, or the dominant, silky-pass-picking footballing maestros?

I know which I'd really prefer, but it is impossible to predict who will turn up.

Another performance like that at Carrow Road would be a nice Christmas present. As long as we don't give the Gurning Chump any grounds for Gloating like a Gobshite, I will be happy.

COYB!

Never known in all my time following Rovers to have such a little idea of who will play, how we will play and what our chances of winning or losing will be. Literally havent got a scooby.

A guess at the lineup is for us to just replicate Norwich but wouldnt be surprised if we saw Travis, either of the Whartons, Hedges, Szmodics, Garrett, Careter even Edun play. Only real definites are Kaminski, Hyam, Morton, Gallagher and Brereton.

.                    Kaminski

JRC.     Hyam..    Ayala.  Pickering

Morton.   Buckley

Dolan.         Dack.      Brereton

Gallagher 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

After being one of the few that turned up Wednesday night against Robin Hood and his gay men, lets hope we get the supporters back for the trip to Sunderland. Our 2nd 11 gave them a run for their money for an hour, if we played our 1st team we would have breezed past them, i didn't rate them as premier class.

There were nearly 9,000 Rovers fans there on Wednesday night. Less than for a league game but you and I were hardly “a few”.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There were nearly 9,000 Rovers fans there on Wednesday night. Less than for a league game but you and I were hardly “a few”.

It was great to see Scott Wharton on the scoresheet, it seemed like a few looking at the empty Riverside. Thats the 2nd home defeat in a row, lets make it Fortress Ewood against Boro on the 29th and get back to winning ways at home. Merry Christmas to all Rovers supporters.

That was one of our biggest home turnouts in the league cup for donkeys years. So Christ knows why people are still decrying it.

A lot of our supporters are seemingly as clueless as Swag when it comes to understanding our fanbase.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Which Rovers will be making the trip to Mackem land I wonder? Will it be the powder puff tippy tappy fluff your lines brigade, or the dominant, silky-pass-picking footballing maestros?

I know which I'd really prefer, but it is impossible to predict who will turn up.

Another performance like that at Carrow Road would be a nice Christmas present. As long as we don't give the Gurning Chump any grounds for Gloating like a Gobshite, I will be happy.

COYB!

Let's hope its silky passing Rovers that turn up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

After being one of the few that turned up Wednesday night against Robin Hood and his gay men, lets hope we get the supporters back for the trip to Sunderland. Our 2nd 11 gave them a run for their money for an hour, if we played our 1st team we would have breezed past them, i didn't rate them as premier class.

I think it was Robin Hood and his Merry Men, unless you know something about Friar Tuck that the rest of us don't? 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Never known in all my time following Rovers to have such a little idea of who will play, how we will play and what our chances of winning or losing will be. Literally havent got a scooby.

A guess at the lineup is for us to just replicate Norwich but wouldnt be surprised if we saw Travis, either of the Whartons, Hedges, Szmodics, Garrett, Careter even Edun play. Only real definites are Kaminski, Hyam, Morton, Gallagher and Brereton.

.                    Kaminski

Morton.   Buckley

Dolan.         Dack.      Brereton

Gallagher 

Swap A. Wharton for Morton and I think that's our best available side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ratters said:

Does anyone know a good place to park up at Sunderland?

There’s a big Tesco 2 mins away with a big car park. Don’t know the time you can stay but I’ve never seen anyone check but it’s also used by PureGym members so not sure how they would police it

Big Car park at the metro near Tesco also not sure on times as I usually use the train. Hope that helps

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Supporters back ?

It's an away game on boxing day 2.5 hrs away with a lunchtime kick off and on live tv for gawds sake. How many supporters do you expect ?

Anything over 600 is a good effort and as for 'few' on Weds night it was near enough a league turnout for a midweek game in the home sections.

3 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It was great to see Scott Wharton on the scoresheet, it seemed like a few looking at the empty Riverside. Thats the 2nd home defeat in a row, lets make it Fortress Ewood against Boro on the 29th and get back to winning ways at home. Merry Christmas to all Rovers supporters.

The Riverside is always closed for these games they weren't staring at it v Hartlepool.

Scott Wharton scored a good goal but was otherwise absolutely dire and you are a bit of a wum constant supporter digs in your posts.

there's nothing worse than our own so called fans or people at the club who have no idea of our fanbase.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Kaminski

Morton.   Buckley

Markanday/hedges       Dack.      Brereton

Gallagher 

Has to be the best team we have at the moment with players available.

I will give JDT the credit he deserves if Travis doesn’t start. Something we know Mowbray never did! 

Brilliant effort and another great day and bigger away following ruined by tv.

Us taking that many up there is like them bringing 4k+ down here pro rata, now if that happened there'd be willy waving all over the place.  All we'll hear is 'Blackburn haven't sold out'  !!!

Anyway i hope the team and JDT in particular pull their fingers out and show some intent instead of another project experiment.

Fans deserve at least that.

• Like 6