BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hirst and Markanday are the ones with the chance and opportunity to change if need be. Time they shown the talent and ability they got. 

Agree with Markanday but I think Hirst is virtually talentless - one of the most ineffective, if not the most ineffective, centre forwards I've ever seen in a Rovers' shirt in 60+ years and feck me, I've seen some real donkeys.

• Like 5

This fixture brings back memories of a  long Boxing Day drive to get to Ewood in 2001.... only  to watch Niall Quinn and Kevin Philips give a masterclass in forward play that tore us apart (0-3),but hoping for better today !

Think we can get a  win, but would be OK if it was  our first draw....

Edited by TonyM

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Agree with Markanday but I think Hirst is virtually talentless - one of the most ineffective, if not the most ineffective, centre forwards I've ever seen in a Rovers' shirt in 60+ years and feck me, I've seen some real donkeys.

You’ve a lot more experience than me, but even I can count Ashley Ward, Corrado Grabbi and Chris Brown as very likely much worse than Hirst. He’s not been up to much at all but all three of those gave me migraines to watch.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

You’ve a lot more experience than me, but even I can count Ashley Ward, Corrado Grabbi and Chris Brown as very likely much worse than Hirst. He’s not been up to much at all but all three of those gave me migraines to watch.

They weren't great but my God, they were light years ahead of Hirst 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

From what I have seen, Hirst is much worse than any of those you mentioned. They had poor application, Hirst has shown no redeeming qualities what-so-ever. 

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rovers fans singing the name of Alan Shearer...if only we had a time Machine!

If I had a time machine it would be 442 with Shearer and Fred Pickering up front..............!

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

From what I have seen, Hirst is much worse than any of those you mentioned. They had poor application, Hirst has shown no redeeming qualities what-so-ever. 

No, no, no. Not having this. In terms of the job they were asked to do, Grabbi at least was a tactically aware forward and sought out his team mates, fair enough.

I cannot countenance, however, Ashley Ward being better with the open goal miss at Bramall Lane from genuinely half a yard to hit the cross bar with a nod-in header. Similarly, Chris Brown not only never scored a goal across two seasons as a number 9, but never even looked like he knew how to score a goal. George Hirst is arguably a number 9 having to play a role that’s very different from that. Not at all suggesting he’s been a worthwhile loan, even but those two at the very least were absolute pony. I won’t be convinced.