BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Would swap out Gallagher for Markandy and Garrett for A. Wharton 

The JDT type of managers love thier false nines, yet it's baffling how he never seems to give Markanday an opportunity.

Has to be better than Gallagher.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Think we've managed to play a better game despite the pitch, better than Cardiff at least. Should be playing against 10-men, but that's EFL referees for you.

Studs right into a players midriff of a ball bounced on a players head. One deserves a yellow and one a red.

• Like 1

The commentary team praising the strength of their striker for a few two handed pushes on Hyatt- expert analysis at its finest. The standard of refs is atrocious at this level. Stamp someone in the bollocks- yellow card. Throw a ball at someones head- straight red.  Absolutely shocking.

I think Garrett's had an outstanding half, tenacious footballer. Dack is good on the ball, but looks like a man that's had two ACL injuries when closing down- saying that, think he's had a great half when in possession.  Brereton hasn't been in the game at all, nor has Gallagher.  Switching Gallagher for Markanday and moving Brereton into the middle isn't a bad shout.  I think I'd wait for Dack to tire a bit more and then drop him in Dacks position. I really like the look of Markanday; fast, skillful and a great work-rate.  If Vale got a chance then he certainly deserves a go.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

People have said Dack is playing well, and he is getting much of the ball, but he's had a host of opportunities to produce the killer pass but nothing so far.

Definitely. He's had a lot of the ball, but that's not the same as playing well. Always seems to look for the fancy touch or the Hollywood through ball rather than anything straightforward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

The plan looks explicitly clear to me… we retain possession and move the ball around, targeting long balls and 1v1s with their right back Ng. Dack is doubling up on our left wing to try and bring their right centre back out of position.

Hedges has clearly been told to bring their left back (who looks good - O’Dowd?) inside to create space for JRC on the right wing. 

Well well well..!