BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

A must win for me considering the opposition. We don't win this and Tomasson will be on thin ice.

Some of the players need to bear some of the blame too. They play better and we win easily against Boro. Simple as that. I've had enough of the likes of Pickering, Morton and Gallagher. And I hope Buckley received an appropriate bollocking.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Kamiski

Rankin Costello Ayala Hyam Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Hedges Dack Brereton

Gallagher

God knows what sort of bench we can cobble together with the likes of Hirst, Vale and Garrett not up to standard.

If we had more depth Pickering and Gallagher would be nowhere near the first team after that last game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I disagree with Pickering, but fair point on Gallagher, he has been woeful in the last 2 games. Had 2 big chances last night and again couldn't hold it up.

The left side is a target for every oppo manager. He's nowhere near good enough for a promotion chasing team. If we want another mid table finish then he's fine.

Gallagher has always been awful but usually this season he's been better than nothing, and in a handful of games he's looked decent. Last night we were playing with 10 before we were playing with 10.

• Like 2

• J*B pinned this topic

Cardiff haven’t won in 6, lowest goal scores in the league, sit 19th in the league…We know where this is heading. I can see a frustrated 0-0, Or a 1-0 either way.
Cardiff will be difficult to break down so not going to be easy. Like most have said, it is a MUST win game.

We could fall as low as 9th if we don’t and other around us win. Perhaps more the position we should be in reflecting on how we’ve played.

A Wharton is the only person to replace Buckley. If the rumours are true then both player & manager need to grow up and sort out!!!If it’s a Travis & Morton Duo then we are due for a truely awful football match. In a full fit team I wouldn’t have either of them in the middle.

Feel as if Markanday should be given a chance to come on especially if we get a few goals.

We were unfortunate against Boro & if we put in a similar shift then we shouldn’t have a problem. If the players support the manager then again we shouldn’t have a problem…

Come on you Blues!

Edited by BankEnd Rover

10 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

We'll pass the ball around in our own area for a bit, concede a goal and then completely capitulate allowing Cardiff to boost their goals for column.

Long live the project, whatever that is.

If we see Morton & Travis in the middle then it will be a long afternoon…. Morton is starting to look like a lost school boy. If he thinks he’s going back to Liverpool to fight for a place then he’s got another thing coming. In his current form, I wouldn’t take him back…he needs to perform.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If we see Morton & Travis in the middle then it will be a long afternoon…. Morton is starting to look like a lost school boy. If he thinks he’s going back to Liverpool to fight for a place then he’s got another thing coming. In his current form, I wouldn’t take him back…he needs to perform.

Neither of those players are up yo it. We have one midfielder who has any shred of real quality about him and he's been frozen out of the squad since the Burnley game. 

I have no hope that things will improve after January. To sign the kind of players that can play the style of football the manager wants would cost 50million, and that's if we get a bargain. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

JRC Ayala Hyam Pickering

Morton Garrett 

Hedges  Dack Brereton-Diaz

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears, Wharton, Wharton, Travis, Markanday, Hirst, Leonard 

Morton and Garrett are you taking the piss?

• Like 3

Part of the reason we played well first half against Boro is because they came to attack. Cardiff won't attack like that and won't offer the space in behind. Can see this being a horrendous game, as yet I'm still undecided if I'll go (I probably will as I'll still be half cut and my judgement inpaired)