BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

Just had my 'important information' email from Rovers ahead of tomorrows game.

"Supporters who are planning on driving to Ewood Park should expect delays upon arrival and exiting the stadium vicinity. Parking for this fixture is extremely limited and supporters who arrive after 11am should expect delays at the turnstiles"

They are on another planet this lot.

Unless you are fortunate enough to live within walking distance of Ewood Park I suspect you will HAVE to travel by car given it is New Years Day and an early kick off. It isn't some preference people will plump for but the ONLY way of getting to the game for most.

I'll be surprised if in reality more than 10,000 turn up for it, they'll announce it as just above to keep it respectable but in practice there will be a lot not going due to NYE, early kick off and tv. 

If we should expect delays on arrival for such a measly number how on earth do they plan on ever hosting a 25,000+ crowd in the future?

Why is parking 'extremely limited for this fixture?'

Why will there be delays on the turnstiles for people arriving a full hour before kick off? It's just nonsense. What time would they like people to turn up for a noon kick off on New Years' Day?

• Like 2

• Backroom

Kaminski

Hyam  Ayala  S.Wharton

JRC                                         Pickering

Dack    A.Wharton

Hedges            Brereton         Dolan

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's strange how Mowbray got 5 years and not a boo was heard, but JDT has been here barely 6 months, has us 3rd (Still 3rd🤣, forever 3rd!) in the league, and apparently the fans are about to turn. All very odd. 

Is it the performances, or is it just a general dislike of JDT? 

Performances, not learning from mistakes that cost us goals and points, persisting with shite players that have shown nothing- take your pick.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's strange how Mowbray got 5 years and not a boo was heard, but JDT has been here barely 6 months, has us 3rd (Still 3rd🤣, forever 3rd!) in the league, and apparently the fans are about to turn. All very odd. 

The crowd won’t turn other than the usual boos at half / full time when we don’t win. 

12 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The L1 factor.

Pretty much every manager here has had far more grumbles than TM, even top class ones like Souness.

But as soon as we had that relegation the fanbase seemed to lose its collective nerve and start thinking in a small time manner befitting a third division outfit (though it was only a brief visit) he was seen as the best we could possibly have in situ and ‘who else yer gonna get’, ‘look at Bury’ etc etc.

TM created himself a lovely little spot here, but now he’s gone the crowd has reverted to type (like at every other club), if it’s shit, they’ll let the manager know.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

The crowd won’t turn other than the usual boos at half / full time when we don’t win. 

That's pretty much what I meant with the 'crowd turning'. We aren't exactly the burning pitchforks type of crowd! It's just interesting to me how little time JDT is being allowed in comparison to 5 years of terminal boredom under Mowbray. 

Maybe it's the promotion from League 1?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The L1 factor.

Pretty much every manager here has had far more grumbles than TM, even top class ones like Souness.

But as soon as we had that relegation and subsequent swift return he was seen as the best we could possibly have in situ and ‘who else yer gonna get’, ‘look at Bury’ etc etc.

He created himself a lovely little spot here, but now the crowd has reverted to type (like at every club).

Yeah, I posted my reply to Hasta above at the time as you. The L1 factor is the only thing I can think of too. He lived off that for half a decade!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's pretty much what I meant with the 'crowd turning'. We aren't exactly the burning pitchforks type of crowd! It's just interesting to me how little time JDT is being allowed in comparison to 5 years of terminal boredom under Mowbray. 

Maybe it's the promotion from League 1?

They got booed off practically every home game they didn’t win in the second half of last season if that’s all you mean.

11 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

i think it`s the fact the football is terrible,the worst since the end of the mackay era and/or  the kean shambles,at least with mowbray you got a couple of good performances after 5 bad ones

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Oh right, I didn't attend a lot last season due to work so that will be why I missed it! Still, it took 4 years. 

Only because in the previous 2 seasons to last year, the end of season death spirals we’re behind closed doors.