BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

14 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Only possitive i took from the game was seeing Hyam play in person for the first time. 

I'd say he's the best cb we've signed (possibly even had) since we were relegated from the prem, reminds me a lot of a younger Ryan Nelsen, just a shame he gets no real defensive support from our lightweight midfielders

Hyam is a really good player and good signing which shows they can still do it when they really want to.

Wouldn't pitch him alongside Nelson but he reminds me a bit of Scott Dann except he actually looks like he wants to be here. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sunderland are up to 4th to be fair now. 

I do think that there is credibility in the argument that dropping to League 1 and then getting promoted did earn Mowbray a level of loyalty with some, but I don't see the fanbase turning on Tomasson to be honest. Such is the apathy surrounding modern day Rovers, things would have to get pretty bad.

Not sure about that, the Blackburn End was very close to turning the other night (closer than TM ever was in 5 years).

Say we go a couple of goals down tomorrow…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Thing is, we have a lot of possession, but very little penetration in the final third. Previously very effective players like BBD and Dack are firing blanks. We’ve no creativity in the middle of the park and players like Adam Wharton come in, play really well, then are never seen again.

It’s just not good at all at the minute. Yes, I know we are third, but can anyone really see a good sustained run coming on? We’ve been missing in action since the Burnley match, with the exception of the Norwich game.

*Boro game also…

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure about that, the Blackburn End was very close to turning the other night.

Say we go a couple of goals down tomorrow…

Turning on a manger when we were in control & then have a game turn due to a red card…Aye…about right for rovers fans.

Everyone has the right to be angry & fustrsted of how we are playing…however to turn on a manager when he’s not even had a full summer of transfers is just bonkers…

• Like 2

About right for Rovers fans? Not sure about that, when was the last time we chanted  for a managers head? Coyle, and before that Kean? Very patient bunch here and I can’t imagine many other set of fans have only gone after one manager in a decade.

As a disclaimer, I don’t think they will actually chant ‘JDT out’ any time soon, just that he won’t get the free pass TM had…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Turning on a manger when we were in control & then have a game turn due to a red card…Aye…about right for rovers fans.

Everyone has the right to be angry & fustrsted of how we are playing…however to turn on a manager when he’s not even had a full summer of transfers is just bonkers…

I suspect it’s been a culmination of being sick of us being shite under Venky’s and our own manager talking our promotion chances down in the press.

Imagine reading that as a player…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I suspect it’s been a culmination of being sick of us being shite under Venky’s and our own manager talking our promotion chances down in the press.

Imagine reading that as a player…

Maybe a wrong choice of words from JDT. I’m sure he will listen back and slightly regret…remember English isn’t his first lanaguage.

To me that statement means we don’t have the quality, things will take time, stay patient…Surley im not the only one who thinks that…We all want to be at the top level but come on…. We have 3/4 academy players on our bench. It just won’t happen anytime soon. We need to be patient & IF we see no progress next Xmas then I will be the first to be like many (already) wanting him gone.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Maybe a wrong choice of words from JDT. I’m sure he will listen back and slightly regret…remember English isn’t his first lanaguage.

To me that statement means we don’t have the quality, things will take time, stay patient…Surley im not the only one who thinks that…We all want to be at the top level but come on…. We have 3/4 academy players on our bench. It just won’t happen anytime soon. We need to be patient & IF we see no progress next Xmas then I will be the first to be like many (already) wanting him gone.

It’s fair enough to not think we are in the promotion shake up, but why not just say ‘we aren’t expected to go up, but we will do our best to make it happen’. Instead of some nonsense about respecting the project. What about respecting the fans and wanting to win football matches. If the aim isn’t to win as many football matches and instead to add value to players and to continue a project- what’s the point?

As I said the other day, I support Rovers, not the balance sheet.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s fair enough to not think we are in the promotion shake up, but why not just say ‘we aren’t expected to go up, but we will do our best to make it happen’. Instead of some nonsense about respecting the project. What about respecting the fans and wanting to win football matches. If the aim isn’t to win as many football matches and instead to add value to players and to continue a project- what’s the point?

Since venkys came through the door, the main goal at this club hasn't been to win football matches, and it never will be.

Sadly I only really cottoned on to that two years into Mowbray's reign.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Agreed…I think we’ve seen JDT can be quite naive, on the pitch especially….Think it’s soemthing which he will look back & think I could have worded that better….We as fans know what he’s getting at….Under Mowbray I had no excitement about transfers as I don’t think he was half bothered….Feel like next could be different…New Manager, new DOF, new head of recruitment…That excites me & that is what’s keeping me just afloat with the slightly awful football we’re witnessing.

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Turning on a manger..…Aye…about right for rovers fans.

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

..is what’s keeping me just afloat with the slightly awful football we’re witnessing.

Not really much between these two standpoints is there though. Maybe a slip of A4 paper.

Don't get me wrong, I think the manager deserves a fair crack, a full season at the minimum. 

But if you're one of the more positive fans and you're only 'just afloat', you can see why some might be veering the other side of the line.

I doubt there's many more frustrating teams in the football league at the minute. To get hammered by 2 local rivals, to consistently shoot ourselves in the foot with crazy passing at the back, petulant red cards, and petty squabbling between manager and one of our brightest young stars it's rumoured.

Forget the shout of "But we are 3rd!" as a defence, it's that stat making me madder.

Imagine if we sorted out some of the above where we could be. Opportunity doesn't come knocking often. It did last season and we monumentally blew it. For lightening to strike twice would be heartbreaking. 

I'd suggest that's where some of the anger comes from, certainly where mine's brewing from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Hyam is a really good player and good signing which shows they can still do it when they really want to.

Wouldn't pitch him alongside Nelson but he reminds me a bit of Scott Dann except he actually looks like he wants to be here. 

He always reminds me of Faz for some reason.

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silas said:

Not really much between these two standpoints is there though. Maybe a slip of A4 paper.

Don't get me wrong, I think the manager deserves a fair crack, a full season at the minimum. 

But if you're one of the more positive fans and you're only 'just afloat', you can see why some might be veering the other side of the line.

I doubt there's many more frustrating teams in the football league at the minute. To get hammered by 2 local rivals, to consistently shoot ourselves in the foot with crazy passing at the back, petulant red cards, and petty squabbling between manager and one of our brightest young stars it's rumoured.

Forget the shout of "But we are 3rd!" as a defence, it's that stat making me madder.

Imagine if we sorted out some of the above where we could be. Opportunity doesn't come knocking often. It did last season and we monumentally blew it. For lightening to strike twice would be heartbreaking. 

I'd suggest that's where some of the anger comes from, certainly where mine's brewing from. 

You’ve highlighted two points to fit your agenda. My points still stand, we have played some awful stuff & I mean awful i admit….However as I’ve explained I’m happy to wait for a full transfer window with a new DOF & Manager to judge the “project”. Sorry I’m not as impatient as many, I’ve been supporting rovers since 1991 BTW. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So we had the game under control....really? First half yes but Boro had equalised by the time of the sending off and the game was on a knife edge up to the sending off. So no way did the game turn on the red card.

Dack had been one of the best players before the red card and the fans were disappointed to see us take off an attacking option no matter how justified JDT was in bringing two midfielders on.

25 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

So we had the game under control....really? First half yes but Boro had equalised by the time of the sending off and the game was on a knife edge up to the sending off. So no way did the game turn on the red card.

Dack had been one of the best players before the red card and the fans were disappointed to see us take off an attacking option no matter how justified JDT was in bringing two midfielders on.

The game was at 1-1 when the red card was given…then it went to 2-1? How does the red card not play a factor? Especially when it was one of our best players who went…

Agreed, Dack has been great, however the manager has clearly stated it was about his fitness…The subs were right on the night anyway…otherwise we’d of been over run & probably conceded more goals.  …Morton was terrible & Dack isn’t exactly the best & quickest at tracking back….(cue someone say Garrett & Travis were No bEtTeR)…aye I agree with you…they were sh*te and I hope we have a better duo tomorrow.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Maybe frustrating to some but I thought taking Dack off was probably the right move. We were on the verge of being overrun in the middle of the park. The subs kept us in it, albeit relying on some fortune to conjur up some chances going forward. 

Thank you Ossy….JDT has the players he has. Not his fault his options are Travis & & Academy player. 

7 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

How do you propose that Hirst gets a 'run of games' then?

Send the loanee out on loan? Or better still, just send him back?

Depends on Gallagher form. 

People keep saying send him back. Can we is the question and also does Hirst want to stay here for the season or not? I would keep him here. 

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

Kaminski

Hyam  Ayala  S.Wharton

JRC                                         Pickering

Dack    A.Wharton

Hedges            Brereton         Dolan

weak midfield with no holding midfield and we will get outnumbered in midfield and Cardiff will play with 1 striker so do you really need 3 centre backs?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I did feel some frustration but not at the manager, the early goal and the general first half performance helped but then the Blackburn End really turned on the ref in the second half.

Cos the ref was another appalling official from the PGMOL. Its time ex pro's or players who don't make the level become refs as they would understand the game much better