BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I suppose we'll never know. Still doesn't explain how the bloke who has us in 3rd, 3rd, 3rd is so unpopular. 

Just search “booing” in the search bar and go back. There’s talk back in 2019 regarding the crowd booing and shouting “Mowbray, sort it out”. That’s basically one step from “We want Mowbray out”

As much as there’s a lot of anger on here, I don’t feel it’s as bad at Ewood as you believe.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Players were booed off, but TM himself avoided anything aimed at him apart from an odd ‘sort it out’ chant.

That's what I thought, maybe I wasn't explaining myself. Mowbray was popular until he left (apart from on here), JDT seems to have become very unpopular very quickly in the eyes of a significant number of fans. 

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Just search “booing” in the search bar and go back. There’s talk back in 2019 regarding the crowd booing and shouting “Mowbray, sort it out”. That’s basically one step from “We want Mowbray out”

As much as there’s a lot of anger on here, I don’t feel it’s as bad at Ewood as you believe.

I don't believe it, I'm going off social media and the huge difference in the general feel about JDT and TM. I was also responding to the poster before me saying the crowd was about to turn. That's why I asked what the difference between JDT and Mowbray was and why the different attitudes to each of them. 

I go to most home games and there are deffo more grumblings about the style than there were under Mowbray. To me there's not much difference. both produce dull football. 

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's what I thought, maybe I wasn't explaining myself. Mowbray was popular until he left (apart from on here), JDT seems to have become very unpopular very quickly in the eyes of a significant number of fans.

I'm not so sure about that. Most Rovers supporters I know don't frequent BRFCS, but although the general consensus was he'd done a decent job, there was a muted "time for him to go" feeling in every conversation. I've no problems with people keeping their own counsel, or at least in private circles. I have egg on my face almost every time I make a post on here. 😄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

My dad is a good example. He’s always been on the ‘pessimistic’ side of fandom when it came to players and managers…. until TM got us out of L1. He then literally would not have a word said against him until the day he left, indeed he’d get very spiky if you did try to offer even mild criticism.

A most strange phenomenon…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's strange how Mowbray got 5 years and not a boo was heard, but JDT has been here barely 6 months, has us 3rd (Still 3rd🤣, forever 3rd!) in the league, and apparently the fans are about to turn. All very odd. 

Is it the performances, or is it just a general dislike of JDT? 

It’s the fact that nothing has changed. Mowbray bred apathy, Tomasson was the great Danish hope. There was a lot of positivity when he came in, however, our familiar slide down the table looks more inevitable by the day, and I think it’s more disappointment than dislike. He compounds this with his talking us down, despite our lofty league position. A bit of positivity might rub off on the fanbase, but nobody at the club seems to want that.

Those no shows against Burnley and Preston either side of the World Cup break will anger people for a long time, and the lack of creativity and generally poor football certainly don’t help. Then there is the self inflicted damage of the pissing about/passing out from the back.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 6

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

for some reason mowbray had a cultish pull for most fans,myself i was never to struck on him football wise,especially giving up on winning league one and some of his bizarre tactics,(elliot bennett always starting,gallagher at right back and bradley johnson as centre forward🤣),i don`t dislike jdt but if he does`nt wake up soon and start moulding a team then i think everyone will be on his back

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm not so sure about that. Most Rovers supporters I know don't frequent BRFCS, but although the general consensus was he'd done a decent job, there was a muted "time for him to go" feeling in every conversation. I've no problems with people keeping their own counsel, or at least in private circles. I have egg on my face almost every time I make a post on here. 😄

Exactly, after 5 years there were 'muted' convo's about him doing one. If you criticised him on Twitter if was like you'd insulted the Queen! It was only right at the end that people did the whole 'it was time for him to go' routine, and with a few I knew that was only because they knew he was going. He was like fucking Royalty. Like Matt said, I can only assume it was the L1 factor. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

My dad is a good example. He’s always been on the ‘pessimistic’ side of fandom when it came to players and managers…. until TM got us out of L1. He then literally would not have a word said against him until the day he left, indeed he’d get very spiky if you did try to offer even mild criticism.

A most strange phenomenon…

Exactly my understanding. My dad and a few mates were exactly the same. Like you say, very strange!

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Burnley complete no show followed by an holiday in the sun followed by a another complete no show against Preston at home has cost JDT massively. I don’t think he’s realised that yet.

I'd hope he has. 

He's made some telling comments over the last few days about playing 'direct' football. Can't remember the exact quote but it was something like 'we played good football, sometimes short, sometimes more direct'. I think/hope the penny has dropped with the uber-short possession shite he was serving up. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Thing is, we have a lot of possession, but very little penetration in the final third. Previously very effective players like BBD and Dack are firing blanks. We’ve no creativity in the middle of the park and players like Adam Wharton come in, play really well, then are never seen again.

It’s just not good at all at the minute. Yes, I know we are third, but can anyone really see a good sustained run coming on? We’ve been missing in action since the Burnley match, with the exception of the Norwich game.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Good job I kept quiet then.I would have fired him after he allowed Wigan to walk away with the title. That told me all I needed to know about the strength of his ambition for the club.

Totally agree, his attitude showed how out of touch he was despite his 'I'm a working class lad me like' routine. I think he said it didn't matter of we finished 2nd, as long as we went up. Losers attitude!

JDT's comments recently about not having a sniff of promotion have echoed that attitude somewhat. It's all about dumbing down expectation, rightly or wrongly, to either protect the players or protect themselves.   

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Burnley complete no show followed by an holiday in the sun followed by a another complete no show against Preston at home has cost JDT massively. I don’t think he’s realised that yet.

All the talk was “ wait until the World Cup break and we’ll work night and day on strategies, ways of playing etc”. Then we find out that the players are all off on various holidays followed by a group jolly in Southern Spain. This is from a club in an impoverished town were people can’t even afford to keep warm.

We were getting a new way of playing after the World Cup, where is it ?

Lancashire people don’t take kindly to bullshitters.

In fact I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Two derby drubbings with suicidal tactics followed by a nightmare Christmas is pretty anger-inspiring.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The latest instalment on Tomasson's quest to avoid promotion is nearly upon us. Who knows what to expect in terms of team selection, tactics, intensity and quality. The only real certainty is the uncertainty.

I absolutely agree. Thanks to ESPN I've seen 75% of Rovers games this season and the only constant is inconsistency. 

I hope that JDT's policy of recurring changes includes Dack staying on the pitch and Hirst staying off it. 

21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I can’t see us winning tomorrow unless Cardiff turn up even worse than they’re supposed to be. We’re in a rut and results are now matching performances.

Rovers 0 Cardiff 1

We’ll win tomorrow assuming we can keep 10 on the pitch, they’re rubbish. 

Mowbray lived off league 1 promotion and a season or two stability with some good winning runs and counter attacking football that got fans thinking we were up for building a top 6 team.

JDT has come in, talked some aggressive pressing football talk but rarely got his side to apply it, started off well but despite being top 6 has served up the worst football since Appleton -who had a bad squad.  We've now lost 5 off the last 6 and 4 home games in the space of a few weeks.

It really isn't rocket science why he clearly and understandably won't get the patience Mowbray was blessed with.  Besides every time there was an inkling in the air the crowd might turn TM went bold and dug out a win or two.  He's doing just exactly that in Mackem land right now courtesy of Rovers of course.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Only possitive i took from the game was seeing Hyam play in person for the first time. 

I'd say he's the best cb we've signed (possibly even had) since we were relegated from the prem, reminds me a lot of a younger Ryan Nelsen, just a shame he gets no real defensive support from our lightweight midfielders

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Sunderland are up to 4th to be fair now. 

I do think that there is credibility in the argument that dropping to League 1 and then getting promoted did earn Mowbray a level of loyalty with some, but I don't see the fanbase turning on Tomasson to be honest. Such is the apathy surrounding modern day Rovers, things would have to get pretty bad.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Kaminski

Hyam  Ayala  S.Wharton

JRC                                         Pickering

Dack    A.Wharton

Markanday         Brereton         Hedges

Changed team.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sunderland are up to 4th to be fair now. 

I do think that there is credibility in the argument that dropping to League 1 and then getting promoted did earn Mowbray a level of loyalty with some, but I don't see the fanbase turning on Tomasson to be honest. Such is the apathy surrounding modern day Rovers, things would have to get pretty bad.

Venky's - hold our beer!

• Like 2