BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

2 hours ago, yankfan said:

Beckleys appeal denied. 3 match ban will be enforced. Can’t say I’m surprised as there’s no way the FA could allow a play to throw a ball, no matter how gently at another players head. 

They've allowed a lot worse including not taking opportunities to take retrospective action.

If that is 'violent conduct' we are going to need 2-3 red cards every game. It didn't meet the criteria for violent conduct, IMO, but conveniently there is extremely wide discretion on these things so it means they can accommodate any decision within the rules somewhere.

• Like 1

My sympathies to any Cardiff fan making this journey. I was unhappy with the early kick off at Sunderland but this is even earlier for a journey twice the duration. Combine with being New Years' Day it is an absolute disgrace and I'd love to know which selfish cretin at Sky Sports selected this and thought it was acceptable. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I'd love to know which selfish cretin at Sky Sports selected this and thought it was acceptable. 

I can assure you the convenience and interests of away fans would never have entered the Sky executives' head. In fact, if it had been mentioned the exec wouldn't have a clue what you were on about

• Like 4

Now i'm not saying we should spank them nor am i expecting an easy win but if we lose this that's 4 on the bounce at home.

The focus needs to turn on those coaching and selecting this team because that is entering the realms of untenable and 'young', project and bad luck don't cover it.

Rovers  0     Cardiff  0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

My sympathies to any Cardiff fan making this journey. I was unhappy with the early kick off at Sunderland but this is even earlier for a journey twice the duration. Combine with being New Years' Day it is an absolute disgrace and I'd love to know which selfish cretin at Sky Sports selected this and thought it was acceptable. 

I'm sure our manager and playing staff will be more than happy to make sure it wasn't a wasted journey. 

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Cardiff are sh1te.

Let's be honest, I'd even expect Coyle to be capable of putting out a team to beat them.

If we can't beat this shower then JDT should be sacked on the spot.

Rovers by 2 goals to nil.

Like any of that is going to happen 😞 

Shit shower to continue to make us all miserable and morose as we head into 2023.

We need somehow to steady the ship, get back into some kind of belief and consistency on a positive roll, otherwise the season will be over by the end of January as we head towards mid to lower table mediocrity.

Surely there is enough in the tank to do something?

Anything?

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Cardiff are sh1te.

Let's be honest, I'd even expect Coyle to be capable of putting out a team to beat them.

If we can't beat this shower then JDT should be sacked on the spot.

Rovers by 2 goals to nil.

So are a number of clubs we've lost to! Could it be that we are shite?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

If this was at 3pm, I’d probably go, but a 12pm kick off New Year’s Day isn’t going to happen for me. It won’t matter if I don’t turn up anyhow, as the players haven’t bothered for ages.

Same for me missed Boxing Day and due to the early kick off will miss this. Was gutted Boxing Day , can’t say I’m arsed about this one

Like others if I wasn’t a season ticket holder no way would I be going to this. stupid time and not really enjoying our football this season.

In terms of the match if we can play like in the first half from Boro we should turn these over comfortably but nothing seems to be going our way lately so prob lose.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

The ferocious return of our club captain, Travis and goals for BBD, Gally and Dack as Rovers romp away with a 3-0 win. Mark my words!!

TK

JRC Ayala Hyam HP

Morton Trav

Hedges Dack BBD

Gally

Think you've hit the NYE bottle a tad early!

• Like 1

Cardiff had the measure of us in the reverse fixture in October as they pressed high and we were so flustered we kept conceding possession. I would imagine they will do a similar thing tomorrow so we need a different strategy. Over to you Tomasson.............

I keep reading that Hirst needs a run of games and I agree entirely. Just not here.

• Like 6

looking forward to this game and we need to carry the performance we shown in the first half. Quick tempo with our passing and the front 4 with plenty of movement. 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Also, Hirst "needs a run of games" yet is never in his teams.

I also told you that Gallagher is 1st choice for the number 9 striker position for me. 

If Travis is back in the side rather than young Adam Wharton, then we can forego any notion of swift attacking football or any repeat of the first half performance from Thursday. There is something a bit 'Fifa 2022' about the way JDT sits observing proceedings from the sidelines for me - I'd be happier if he was more involved in what was happening on the pitch and perhaps barking orders and support from the technical area for 90 mins.

Hey ho. Am not going to make it to this one in any case - mother in law cooking brunch for the family (New Year's tradition that I can't wriggle out of) so I will have a full belly, instead of a belly full down the hill.

Head says it's time we shook off the recent malaise.

Heart says something isn't quite right about the set up.

At this point I don't really care other than if "Mr 'I've sat in these seats for 32 years, and you don't sound like you're from round here" goes to the game, I do hope someone doesn't spoil his right to be a foul mouthed irritable toad by sitting in empty seats in front of him and asking politely if he would mind moderating his foul language. Oh no, that would be too much to ask of a decent, civilised citizen, of course - but should there be an 'incident' I do hope it doesn't spoil his baby faced view of the game. Arse.

Rovers 1 Cardiff 3 Boo boys a calling, after Travis, Ayala and Kaminski all punished for dithering about on the ball like pigeons pecking a pile of pooh.

I do hope I'm wrong...

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23 - 12pm
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

looking forward to this game and we need to carry the performance we shown in the first half. Quick tempo with our passing and the front 4 with plenty of movement. 

I also told you that Gallagher is 1st choice for the number 9 striker position for me. 

How do you propose that Hirst gets a 'run of games' then?

Send the loanee out on loan? Or better still, just send him back?

12 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

How do you propose that Hirst gets a 'run of games' then?

Send the loanee out on loan? Or better still, just send him back?

It shouldn't matter to us where he plies his trade, as long as it isn't in the famous blue and white of Blackburn Rovers. We have enough powder-puff strikers on our books already, without having to try to shoe-horn a complete dolloper like Hirst into the side. I mean, that header by Gally in the first half on Thursday, which everyone knows should have been down into the ground rather than straight at the keeper... does anyone seriously believe that Hirst would have even been anywhere near the goal, let alone in a position to convert such an excellent chance? Not I, for one.

That Hirst continues to make the team sheet at all is a complete mystery to most of us, so the notion of giving him time to 'bed in' seems paradoxical in the extreme - we need players who are hungry to play, who are capable of doing the job, and who actually have a modicum of skill and capability - not 'little boy lost' types like George Hirst, who are plainly just being passed around the game like some embarrassing and unwanted family heirloom.

The ONLY way back for Hirst, IMO, would be for him to set the scoring records on fire at a lower level at the club and by doing so to force his way back into contention for the first team squad. Otherwise I'd rather be taking a chance on a lump of coal magically transforming into the next Rover's striking legend... dream on Georgie boy, or perhaps more aptly, Jog On.

Rover's new striking gem - Andy Coal..

Bituminous_Coal.JPG

33 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It shouldn't matter to us where he plies his trade, as long as it isn't in the famous blue and white of Blackburn Rovers. We have enough powder-puff strikers on our books already, without having to try to shoe-horn a complete dolloper like Hirst into the side. I mean, that header by Gally in the first half on Thursday, which everyone knows should have been down into the ground rather than straight at the keeper... does anyone seriously believe that Hirst would have even been anywhere near the goal, let alone in a position to convert such an excellent chance? Not I, for one.

That Hirst continues to make the team sheet at all is a complete mystery to most of us, so the notion of giving him time to 'bed in' seems paradoxical in the extreme - we need players who are hungry to play, who are capable of doing the job, and who actually have a modicum of skill and capability - not 'little boy lost' types like George Hirst, who are plainly just being passed around the game like some embarrassing and unwanted family heirloom.

The ONLY way back for Hirst, IMO, would be for him to set the scoring records on fire at a lower level at the club and by doing so to force his way back into contention for the first team squad. Otherwise I'd rather be taking a chance on a lump of coal magically transforming into the next Rover's striking legend... dream on Georgie boy, or perhaps more aptly, Jog On.

Rover's new striking gem - Andy Coal..

Bituminous_Coal.JPG

Andrew Coal I think he’d prefer 😉

We signed him just before New Years Eve 2001, I remember being over the moon and excited to see him play. I seem to remember singing his chant in the early hours of New Year’s Day walking home from a night out! What a year followed his signing. These days we’ve got Gally and our top signing is George Hirst. We never knew at the time how good we had it….

• Like 5