BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

I think we approached the game well, looked to take the pitch out of the attach by playing some nice weighted balls in behind to try n open them up a bit. Definitely the better team n Cardiff never really looked like scoring. Got the job done well done lads 💪💪

• Like 1

Thought a really good performance that... We controlled the game well, defended excellently. Should have scored more. Cardiff were really limited in their opportunities.

I know quite a few folk are jumping off the deep end at the minute, but apart from the absolute travesty at Preston and getting beat by a Burnley side who are the best team in the league, generally we are defending  very well and picking up wins hence our league position over half a season in. 

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 5

We have a problem scoring goals or even creating them. JDT needs to solve this, especially our defence is not great either. 

Diaz seems to be really off-form at the moment, gets into some good positions but he's not hitting the back of the net.

Gally/Hedges full of running but really nothing fruitful comes out of it.

Dack is a positive today! 

• Like 2

Great way to start the New Year. Still in 3rd, and not looking quite as shaky as before. 
But, no mistaking it, Cardiff can’t score, and they gave us lots of worries in that regard. 

Now for FA Cup match. I would like to see us go fairly deep in the competition. We can take Norwich. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oozy said:

The JDT type of managers love thier false nines, yet it's baffling how he never seems to give Markanday an opportunity.

Has to be better than Gallagher.

I think Markanday and Gallagher would be a decent central striker partnership.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Take the three points and run but Jesus christ we need some creative new players and soon.

We've been better the last two matches. We had enough chances again today but couldn't finish them. What we need is someone to put the ball in the net. Our strikers are firing blanks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Have to say I enjoy watching Garrett.  Reminds me a bit of Flitcroft.  

Yeah good comparison. He’s more mobile than Travis, that little bit quicker in movement and reaction. I couldn’t imagine Travis catching up and timing the recovery tackle like he did. I’d like to see a bit more of him over the rest of the season. 

• Like 5

Completely unconvincing but my god we needed that. Was a "must win" game if ever there was one.

How the fuck does Gallagher play every minute of every game unless injured? He doesn't have a single redeeming quality, at least Chris Brown used to attempt to put himself about  physically, Gallagher doesn't even do that.

Thought Garrett did well, game to forget, three points, move on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Woeful second half showing against a side you would be forgiven for mistakenly saying they are a league 1 side 

Big 3 points but my god we need changes

Bit harsh to say woeful. Gallagher scores and it's a comfortable win. Same against Boro. As it is, it was an uncomfortable 3 points.

Cardiff were awful but in their last 4 games ground out draws and didn't today.

The big problem with Rovers is lack of a goalscorer and having to play Gallagher. And without Gallagher we're worse. Look at the xG, we're near bottom of the league.

We could also do with a decent midfielder and the pitch didn't help.

• Like 1