BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

4 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Overreacting to a football match is us losing 1-0 a few times. 

We just lost 4-0 to a team battle relegation, lost 4-1 at home to Forest, 4-1 at home to PNE. Only the 3-0 at Burnley tho. All of those games within what the last 9/10? Wouldn’t really say that’s an overreaction from anyone If you ask me 

Jesus that is a shocker when you read it out. Have we ever lost that many games in that kind of manner in a short distance of time?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I describe 'getting hammered' as being played off the park. 

A sliced shot, a 25 yard 'swing your foot through it' and a GK letting a corner go in direct does not equal hammered to me - but again I appreciate I watch a different game to most. 

IMO The only stat that truly matters is the score line. 4-0 tells all that is needed to know and sadly it says we got hammered 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Surely even the most blue and white tinted specs supporters now have to admit we have a major problem within the squad in terms of mentality? A loss every single time we go behind and, unless I'm mistaken, not a single goal scored in those defeats either. We can't just keep putting it down to bad luck. 

I should have switched it over to the Manchester derby after the first minute. Concede first and Rovers lose. I think the only blip in that statistic is Sunderland away, and Rovers lost that one too.

An awful performance from first minute to the last. 

Are Rovers in a false position? 

a, no because after 20 odd games the table doesn't lie.

b, yes because teams challenging for the play offs don't routinely get beat by 3 or 4 goals. 

Last season's post Christmas death spiral is fresh in the minds of many. JDT needs to change some of what he's doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Did we get hammered? They won't score those first three goals again all season.

You've just shot yourself in the foot. You're saying that we're the only team that they'd score those three goals against. Let me know what positives we should draw from that as Rovers supporters.

Furthermore, we just laid down tools after their second goal. At that point, I thought "you lucky buggers" on both counts. But the players gave up.

I really don't think they believe in what Tomasson is doing. There are too many examples. The defeats, particularly the multiple embarrassments, far outweight the wins. The league is tight, and we'll drop like a stone if we carry on with whatever the hell it is he is trying to do.

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Jesus that is a shocker when you read it out. Have we ever lost that many games in that kind of manner in a short distance of time?

It is and if my reply is seen as out of line I apologise. But it is grim reading and sadly I’ve watched every single one of those game 

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I describe 'getting hammered' as being played off the park. 

A sliced shot, a 25 yard 'swing your foot through it' and a GK letting a corner go in direct does not equal hammered to me - but again I appreciate I watch a different game to most. 

I describe getting hammered as losing 4-0, and in the second half hardly touching the ball in their box, having just a solitary shot to their 5 and losing the half 3-0. 

Is that not the game you watched?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

4 games into the 2nd half of the season and unbelievable as it is, we're on pace to beat and lose to every team in the league in the same season. 

Boro, Sunderland, Cardiff and Rotherham all follow the trend perfectly. 

Get yourself to Bristol City I guess. And Look forward to 69 points.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

one defeat it back to this talk of sacking the head coach. Its really has stop from fans who over reacting every time to losing a game of football. Look at the league position and we are well above anyone expectations from the start of the season including even mine I am very positive person but I didn't expect by 3rd this season. 

anyway guys, enjoy the rest of the day and I giving this place a wide berth for the rest of the day

We’ve lost 5 of the last 7 in the league, it’s more like “one win and it’s back to talk of us being good” from yourself and a select few others. 
He / They have taken us backwards, we rank in the bottom 5 clubs in every single plausible stat. We have a -4 GD vs +13 last year, we’ve lost 4-0, 4-1, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0 this season already. Only two teams have lost more than us. We are a worse team in every aspect since he turned up, we just lost 4-0 to Rotherham, IMO more embarrassing than 7-0 to Fulham and that’s saying something 

I’ll honestly be amazed if we finish in the top half this season. 

• Like 8

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Correct me if  I'm wrong, but did I really see the camera pan onto JDT at 3-0 and he was smiling with his assistant ? 

I saw it, too.

Something is really wrong with JDT. I get the feeling Dack is only picking himself up now after seeing how badly this guy doesn't get the league and how it works. JDT won't change. It's only going one way. I've had enough of the embarrassment. On the pitch, I don't think it was even this bad under Steve Kean. I've never seen us play so many games so badly.

What is going on?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

But they aren’t going to - it’s highly likely that the family’s ownership of the club will outlive the majority of us.

Her son has been groomed to take over for some time, spends almost every home game watching from Jack’s old suite.

It’s wasted energy calling for the owners to leave; they won’t.

What is more pressing is the immediate failing of the team and the lack of spine running through it.

And the management team has to taken responsibility for that.

I always assumed they held onto us out of spite - because they're that rich that they can afford to bury the heart of a community in England because they once had a snowball thrown at them.

Does her son really turn up to every match at Ewood? 

• Like 2

The players have lost faith in Tomasson - that's plain to see. And when a manager loses the dressing room there's usually only one outcome. 

Fans taking comfort in our 3rd place are in fantasy land. This team will finish below midway

• Like 7

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

I saw it, too.

Something is really wrong with JDT. I get the feeling Dack is only picking himself up now after seeing how badly this guy doesn't get the league and how it works. JDT won't change. It's only going one way. I've had enough of the embarrassment. On the pitch, I don't think it was even this bad under Steve Kean. I've never seen us play so many games so badly.

What is going on?

i think you are going over the top there,under kean it was a complete fubar

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

one defeat it back to this talk of sacking the head coach. Its really has stop from fans who over reacting every time to losing a game of football. Look at the league position and we are well above anyone expectations from the start of the season including even mine I am very positive person but I didn't expect by 3rd this season. 

anyway guys, enjoy the rest of the day and I giving this place a wide berth for the rest of the day

I hope you're enjoying the Head Coach/DOF model that you were crying out for. Just like Vinjay crying "takeover, takeover" for years. I hope the pair of you are enjoying it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, booth said:

False position when you look at the xG. Let's not forget we're missing a few players. If that team is played every week we're down at the bottom of the league. Criminal that obvious limitations in the squad weren't addressed 18 months ago, then 12 months ago, then 6 months ago.

To be fair I wouldn't have given Mowbray another penny either after seeing him spunk £12m+ on the likes of Gallagher, Brereton, Pickering, Edun, Markanday (who'd barely played yet cost £500k) et al. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, booth said:

False position when you look at the xG. Let's not forget we're missing a few players. If that team is played every week we're down at the bottom of the league. Criminal that obvious limitations in the squad weren't addressed 18 months ago, then 12 months ago, then 6 months ago.

I just feel that, as essentially the same squad has been 2nd/3rd at the half way point in consecutive seasons now, lack of quality is unlikely to be the definitive factor. I feel like mentality is the real culprit, although lacking either across portions of the team is obviously problematic.

image.png.4cf7e8a4fc3e36009fd2dc9ded55ee0b.png

If this happened then JDT is on the thinnest of ice. Appearing not to give a shit when the team you are paid handsomely to manage is getting dicked is bad enough, but actually laughing it off  when there are 1700 Rovers fans who have paid hard-earned money to watch in the middle of a CoL crisis is unforgivable. 

Football matches can be lost, but his reputation is toast if that tweet is accurate. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2