BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

30 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It was a dreadful game of football 

Stood with a Villa fan and a Bluenose in the away end. Luckily Mr Big Club had even less to shout about than anything us, and that’s saying something. Two poor teams on display. The Villa lad was fuming we kept him up for that shite - can’t say I blame him 

Brereton doesn’t want to get injured, it is plain as day 

Wasnt worth the tenner, but nevertheless we progress to the next round 

Particularly shout out to Pears who kept us in it. Some fine saves, he’s come on leaps and bounds 

Did their keeper get a good reception from Rovers fans? 

11 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Did their keeper get a good reception from Rovers fans? 

Wouldn’t say good or bad 

Got the usual ribbing when he took a goal kick. Not particularly hostile, but he weren’t clapped much either, although I did miss the first 2 mins of the second half so he could have been as he walked over 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Im in Sweden and have never had a problem with the bbc sports and live text match page up until tonight. Obviously, being abroad I know I cannot listen to the live match commentary via the BBC including radio Lancs. I accept it. 

Rather strangely though, I was able to watch the whole game via a live stream  v Brum on Saturday without any problem. 

Maybe the FA have done something I don't know... But I could have watched the barcodes v Southampton tonight using the same stream but wasn't interested. 

Im not going to post the name of the service I used but if some bms remember last seasons away game at Cardiff I think.... Rovers TV really fucked up and nobody who paid for the service received the game to view. Someone posted a streaming service on that thread which I still use unless it's on rovers tv. Bit hit and miss but better than nowt. 

Maybe the post is still there, maybe deleted. 

Anyone needs to know drop me a pm with your email address and I'll happily share. 

I got the radio Lancashire commentary and I live in Spain. I do have a VPN though, so worth having that for these situations 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Normally the website carries Lineups, Stats, Text and something else.

The display I had today had Lineups, poorly updated re subs, no stats and no text ...during the game.

Currently it shows Lineups, Live Text plus the match report.

I do not believe it is edited for showing here.

This from a very IT savvy user .....

I find Espn good for the live text commentary. 

• Like 1

Last night was the first game where we've been allowed in that I've missed in a long time. I was committed to see my granddaughter singing at the AO Arena as part of Young Voice. I couldn't get a signal so had no real idea what was going on. I got Radio Lancashire commentary coming back and hated it. Not the commentary but not seeing it live. I'm delighted at the win and what seems a decent performance too. And a clean sheet is always welcome.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Wouldn’t say good or bad 

Got the usual ribbing when he took a goal kick. Not particularly hostile, but he weren’t clapped much either, although I did miss the first 2 mins of the second half so he could have been as he walked over 

Yes, he did receive a decent 👏 at the start of the second half and likewise acknowledged it back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Last night was the first game where we've been allowed in that I've missed in a long time. I was committed to see my granddaughter singing at the AO Arena as part of Young Voice. I couldn't get a signal so had no real idea what was going on. I got Radio Lancashire commentary coming back and hated it. Not the commentary but not seeing it live. I'm delighted at the win and what seems a decent performance too. And a clean sheet is always welcome.

You didn't miss much.  Dreadful game with Rovers slightly better than a poor Birmingham side.  Neither side looked capable of scoring, although Dack did manage to hit the post in the second half.  An own goal was probably the only way a goal would come.  Pears, who was my 'man of the match' made a brilliant reflex save to keep out an effort from Ayala in the first half while Brum did the decent thing in scoring for us in extra-time.

This game highlighted the desperate need to bring in an experienced striker who knows how to handle themselves against defenders.  Once again Vale looked far too lightweight whilst Brereton is a shadow the player from last season.  I'd happily take a striker like Jutkiewicz who causes problems and knows how to unsettle defenders with little nudges to knock them off balance.  When he came on he won everything in the air and caused us problems.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

You didn't miss much.  Dreadful game with Rovers slightly better than a poor Birmingham side.  Neither side looked capable of scoring, although Dack did manage to hit the post in the second half.  An own goal was probably the only way a goal would come.  Pears, who was my 'man of the match' made a brilliant reflex save to keep out an effort from Ayala in the first half while Brum did the decent thing in scoring for us in extra-time.

This game highlighted the desperate need to bring in an experienced striker who knows how to handle themselves against defenders.  Once again Vale looked far too lightweight whilst Brereton is a shadow the player from last season.  I'd happily take a striker like Jutkiewicz who causes problems and knows how to unsettle defenders with little nudges to knock them off balance.  When he came on he won everything in the air and caused us problems.

Thanks Parson. It's interesting to note that you have given Pears your man of the match. In my opinion he should be given a start on Monday ahead of Kaminski who has a plethora of key errors on his recent CV. Neil McDonald was summarising on Radio Lancashire and he too was fulsome in his praise of Pears. I do wonder though if Tomasson did actually 'drop' Kaminski after Saturday having started him for the first time this season in a cup game, a game in which I thought he should have done better on both of Birminghams goals.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Thanks Parson. It's interesting to note that you have given Pears your man of the match. In my opinion he should be given a start on Monday ahead of Kaminski who has a plethora of key errors on his recent CV. Neil McDonald was summarising on Radio Lancashire and he too was fulsome in his praise of Pears. I do wonder though if Tomasson did actually 'drop' Kaminski after Saturday having started him for the first time this season in a cup game, a game in which I thought he should have done better on both of Birminghams goals.

Then there was the goal straight from a corner at Rotherham and the parry back into the danger area against Cardiff that led directly to a goal. Pears has been ok in my opinion. He had a day to forget at Wigan but how many times have you seen a long hopeful cross end up in the far corner ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Nice to see you posting again Parson, your considered thoughts and insight are much missed.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Although the stated transfer window priority, it looks like we have failed in bringing in the much needed striker. Total shit show

31 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Nice to see you posting again Parson, your considered thoughts and insight are much missed.

I second that. A much missed contributor along with the guy in Australia who gave a play by play account of each game. I didn’t always agree with Parson but I respected his views on all things Rovers.