BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - 15/02/23

1 minute ago, scotchrover said:

1 chance😴

This reminds me of when Allardyce was in charge- we’re praying that we don’t go behind, because if we do, it’s game over. 

At least Big Sam would throw the kitchen sink in the last 10 mins ic possible - I can't imagine this team pushing to chase a goal at any scoreline.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have the best chance that BBD didn't finish in the opening minutes

We didn’t really create that, almost stumbled through it and toe poked it but yes, a very good chance. There is just never any crafted / created chances with some flowing / offensive football.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

I think we have found the only two managers in Europe who would play Breo wide left. It’s just not working.

Have you ever seen him win a contested header? He gets bullied when going up against CBs. There's a reason he's played out wide - his strength is running at players with the ball.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Silas said:

And last maybe? 🤔

What has happened to S. Wharton. Looks devoid of confidence.

When they do score, I'm fearing it will be him at fault. 

Huh, commentators were saying he had a very confident start to the game, sounded like he was playing well. I'm not watching though.

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I think we have found the only two managers in Europe who would play Breo wide left. It’s just not working.

There’s the Chile manager, and presumably the Villareal manager too.

He’s played on the left since 2019.

4 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

1 chance😴

This reminds me of when Allardyce was in charge- we’re praying that we don’t go behind, because if we do, it’s game over. 

each team with 3 shots at goal. 

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

We didn’t really create that, almost stumbled through it and toe poked it but yes, a very good chance. There is just never any crafted / created chances with some flowing / offensive football.

We are playing pragmatic approach. We are organised and well drilled defensive 

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Huh, commentators were saying he had a very confident start to the game, sounded like he was playing well. I'm not watching though.

Besides misjudging a bouncing ball against their #21, which resulted in an acrobatic volley by Swift he's played well so far. 

I like the way West Brom play. Jealous of the way the way they play on the front foot and get balls into the box. That said I’m really impressed with how we’ve dealt with it so far. Defending really well, Scott Wharton especially.

Brereton is far too wide, but I’m far more annoyed about Morton being persisted with.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Diaz and Thomas disappointing there, neither could complain at being hooked at half time.

One decent stop by Pears and a couple of half chances but relatively comfy.

Their keeper looks dodgy need to test him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Guys, you can’t will it into being a shit performance.

Been ok, they’re a good side WBA.

Exactly, there's a reason the WBA players and crowd are whinging for everything, they know this is going to be a tough win.

Sadly our lack of in-form attacking players is showing again. Dolan has been in their CB's pockets, Dack has done nothing (besides gifting them a chance) and Brereton-Diaz has been very quiet again. Thomas is getting into good positions, but he's not been able to do anything with them yet. 

Morton is shocking by the way. 

• Like 1