BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - 15/02/23

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Not too bad whilst not being amazing either. You do only have to look at West Broms defensive record at home though to see its gonna be tough.

Scott Wharton has been superb, not much support from his brother though who's at the Emirates tonight 😏

What the hell is a Blackburn Rovers fan, nevermind player, doing there 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

We've actually matched WBA quite well all things considered.

They've threatened a bit more going forward but we've had the better chances. Both teams looking poor up front in the first half.

Frustrating when we get the ball then we lose it almost immediately by launching a ball long down the middle.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Huh, commentators were saying he had a very confident start to the game, sounded like he was playing well. I'm not watching though.

He's been great on the ball, but doesn’t inspire confidence in defence, but looks like it could be my issue.

Whether it's the physicality grappling with the attacker on a long ball, or someone running at him with ball at feet, I'm panicking every time.

But hopefully I'm way off the mark, and everyone else is right. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That ridiculous near assist for them from Dack is a symptom of shitty modern football and the “style” we are trying to embrace.

Why would any attacking player look to play a first time ball back to their centre back when they are well in the opposition half? Stupid.

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Have you ever seen him win a contested header? He gets bullied when going up against CBs. There's a reason he's played out wide - his strength is running at players with the ball.

I saw him score a cracking header against Brazil whilst playing through the middle. Dolan winning many of those contested headers?

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Exactly, there's a reason the WBA players and crowd are whinging for everything, they know this is going to be a tough win.

Sadly our lack of in-form attacking players is showing again. Dolan has been in their CB's pockets, Dack has done nothing (besides gifting them a chance) and Brereton-Diaz has been very quiet again. Thomas is getting into good positions, but he's not been able to do anything with them yet. 

Morton is shocking by the way. 

Have to agree, as many know I'm no fan of Buckley but he isn't much better. Such a weak position for us, Travis too limited too. O Brien was dream stuff, only Rovers could get us exciting for a signing like that and have it so cruelly ripped away.

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Guys, you can’t will it into being a shit performance.

Been ok, they’re a good side WBA.

Just seen the HT stats and it supports this - very even match.

I'd suggest we had the 2 better opportunities as well, if you count Travis' (which I do, we should have scored).

Some really questionable comments on this thread, in this first half.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

That ridiculous near assist for them from Dack is a symptom of shitty modern football and the “style” we are trying to embrace.

Why would any attacking player look to play a first time ball back to their centre back when they are well in the opposition half? Stupid.

We get absolutely no benefit from our "style". Often gets us in trouble and they all looked so uncomfortable. Too many managers want to be credited for playing the "right way". 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

been a strained relationship with jdt when he got left out of the dingles game,he`s not really featured for a few months,been injured yes but  before that he was`nt really in the first team picture

No I'm aware of that pal, cheers though but how do people know he is at the Emerites tonight?

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

been a strained relationship with jdt when he got left out of the dingles game,he`s not really featured for a few months,been injured yes but  before that he was`nt really in the first team picture

So that means he is at the Arsenal game, does it ?

3 minutes ago, booth said:

We've actually matched WBA quite well all things considered.

They've threatened a bit more going forward but we've had the better chances. Both teams looking poor up front in the first half.

Frustrating when we get the ball then we lose it almost immediately by launching a ball long down the middle.

When Dolan leads the line we’re much better pressing and when we nick the ball in midfield, but boy do we struggle to get out when we’re pinned in. Really need Diaz to stay high and have some hold up play and Dolan to track back.  There’s no outlet with Dolan up top

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Conjecture or proven?

Personally I think Wharton has looked shakey. He's getting pulled into a battle with their number 9 and needs to be a bit smarter. He's already lost a couple and when he does there's no cover. 

We've been workmanlike. It's a poor game which is compounded by there seemingly only being one ball in the stadium. Every single restart is taking forever.

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

He's been great on the ball, but doesn’t inspire confidence in defence, but looks like it could be my issue.

Whether it's the physicality grappling with the attacker on a long ball, or someone running at him with ball at feet, I'm panicking every time.

But hopefully I'm way off the mark, and everyone else is right. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well he's off now for Hyam so doesn't matter.

• Like 1