BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - 15/02/23

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Like Jon Dahl Tomasson's echo!

We went into the international break with people very content as to our league position, but very few people were convinced about performances and the assumption/hope was that a month with the players would allow him to get his style across and it would push us on. Since from an attacking perspective, we have been miles worse even than before and we struggled even in the first few months to create many chances.

We aren't a miles worse even than before at all. The problem is BBD and Gallagher are badly out of form which you won't drop one at all but very willing to drop the other one. So inconsistent there yet again. BBD needs a rest and give him a break to refresh himself. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We aren't a miles worse even than before at all. The problem is BBD and Gallagher are badly out of form which you won't drop one at all but very willing to drop the other one. So inconsistent there yet again. BBD needs a rest and give him a break to refresh himself. 

He had a rest...does he need multiple rests a year? 

I realise that most people think this is a pipedream, but if we were to get promoted this season,  would people be happy with Brereton as our striker, for the premier league. Personally I would not be, that is why I am not too bothered about him leaving.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we will win this game 2 nil tonight. Confidence of our chances. Nothing to fear from WBA.

They've not conceded at home since 29th October, winning all 6 games.  They're also 4th in the form table since the World Cup break... we're 19th.  This is a strong team with a good manager. 

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Vale was banging them in for U21's too.

See this my concern with Leonard being unleashed. Vale right now can't be high on confidence at all, he could end up the same.

I know Vale is being completely dismissed by some on here, but is there more to it?

I don't watch the reserves games unfortunately but I'm assuming they don't play a similar style to the first team?

I know the standard is obviously lower but we never seem to have any issues scoring goals at all.

Is Sheron a genius and JDT clueless?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I know the standard is obviously lower but we never seem to have any issues scoring goals at all.

I think what it is, a lot of professional clubs pay lip service to their academies etc, the larger clubs send their better players out on loan( Morton would be considered one of Liverpools better youngsters, imagine how shit their CHs are that don't get a loan)  that's who Vale is banging them in against.  Shite

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Vale was bringing them in last season for under 21's. He struggled in some games but still learning his all round game. 

He is a developing player and that's why JDT plays him hoping that game after game he'll improve. Unfortunately for us he's not quite there yet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

See this my concern with Leonard being unleashed. Vale right now can't be high on confidence at all, he could end up the same.

I know Vale is being completely dismissed by some on here, but is there more to it?

I don't watch the reserves games unfortunately but I'm assuming they don't play a similar style to the first team?

Sharpe said something in the LT the other day about Vale having to learn to play how JDT wants his strikers to play. It mentioned that Vale likes to move into the channels but that isn't what JDT wants, or something similar. Basically there isn't a striker at the club that fits the profile JDT wants. 

This is what he said about Leonard recently:-

“We look at Harry’s development the whole time and he’s a player with potential for sure. He’s improving. Is he good enough to be leading Rovers each week? Of course not at that age, but he’s working hard and becoming better."

Would have put Hyam in for Wharton personally if he is fit and Buckley for Morton. Surprised Leonard doesn't make the bench. Happy to see Dolan keep his place after a great performance last time around and hoping Travis puts in another good performance as he did look much more like the player we know he can be on the weekend. Brereton is lucky to be playing after his recent performances.

No idea what to expect tonight though, just hoping to see some commitment and a Brereton goal to bring his confidence back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I was hoping for a positive result on the road but now Jim mk2 is attending, that hope now seems forlorn 🙈

Hoping for a change of luck PB. As always with Rovers I’m  hoping for the best and fearing the worst 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

Good luck to the lads. Ayala Brittany and Hyam will be a welcome return, back line really has been decimated, add TK to that too and it's rotten luck. Still optimistic we can win if we get it right up front and take out chances. Always a chance with Dack sniffing around. Looking forward to the game.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

We're setting off in the next 10 minutes

Come on Rovers

Exaggerating again jim?! 

Edit: at the time of posting, the post I quoted said it was 2 hours ago, honest! Back me up on this gav!

Also, no offence intended jim, hats off to making the journey 👍

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 1

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Exaggerating again jim?! 

Set off at about 4.30 and got here about 7.20 so about 2 hrs 50mins. On the M6 it felt like  5 hours. Any other examples of exaggeration would be appreciated 

Come on Rovers

• Like 2