BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 21/2/23

• Backroom
1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah he needs to improve when in possession. I don’t buy the whole “it’s not his game to push forward”. He played well tonight but for me, has a lot to improve on! Still see Hyam as the captain…

Feels like he's getting back to his best in terms of his off the ball work, which is really good to see after a difficult few months for the lad. If he can get his confidence back on the ball as well he'll be crucial to our run-in, especially with Buckley and Morton being completely ineffectual at the moment. Win our appeal and a midfield duo of O'Brien and Travis could be very solid as a unit, although I appreciate that winning the appeal is highly unlikely.

Just now, Gav said:

Some posters just can’t let it go…..

Good win tonight against a god awful Bpool side, possibly the worst side to come to Ewood this season? Big Mick working his magic.

Onwards and sideways. 

Just pointing out a fact Gav, about a manager who's done nothing but belittle our club since he left. Can't see why that would be a problem... just glad that statue wasn't built...

• Like 4

I rate Carter over Ayala at the moment. Younger, more athletic and a much better passer of the ball.

A solid team performance, could only ask that we threaten their goal a little more often, despite a few of our regular starters being out for this one.

Brittain back in the team gives us a different dimension, I think he should keep Pickering out of the side. Travis has been good since coming back into the side, tonight was possibly his best game of the season.

We still need a striker...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

We've moved up to 4th and we're 9 points off the auto spots, pretty much at the start of the run-in.

Considering what he's had to work with this season, I'd suggest that JDT is working minor miracles.

Yep, we’ve come a long way since the hammering at Rotherham.

Hopefully we’ll now push on to claim 2nd place and that final automatic spot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

Just pointing out a fact Gav, about a manager who's done nothing but belittle our club since he left. Can't see why that would be a problem... just glad that statue wasn't built...

Sunderland’s manager wouldn’t be my first thoughts after a home win against Bpool DE, but I’ll leave that one with you. 

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If we can beat qpr and Watford take 3 points off Sheffield utd. What a game the sheff utd match will be

Would prefer Sheff U to beat Watford and create a gap between ourselves and Watford. Sheff U gonna be in the top 6 regardless. Less competition the better.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

Sunderland’s manager wouldn’t be my first thoughts after a home win against Bpool DE, but I’ll leave that one with you. 

Leapfrogged Sunderland in the table tonight, lovely to see I'm sure you'll agree 👍 also confident that their current manager means they won't be a threat to our top six hopes, based on what we saw in previous seasons here, which I'd say is relevent. I would imagine for the majority of Rovers' fans it's a great feeling not to be dreading the inevitable February slide down the table. Long may that continue.

• Like 7

Good win. If you can't beat bottom of the league, even with injuries, then you aren't going to get playoffs. With results in our favour elsewhere too, it is good to climb back into the playoffs. Also, in a way, makes the last 2 hard fought draws more worthwhile as 5 PTS from the last 3 games is a solid haul. A lot of football still to play but am glad we are still putting up a fight for playoffs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Would prefer Sheff U to beat Watford and create a gap between ourselves and Watford. Sheff U gonna be in the top 6 regardless. Less competition the better.

That's the wrong attitude.  If we have a chance of automatic promotion then we have to take it. Reminds me of England.  Oh we came so close to beating France so that's good enough 

Just now, roverandout said:

That's the wrong attitude.  If we have a chance of automatic promotion then we have to take it. Reminds me of England.  Oh we came so close to beating France so that's good enough 

No don't get me wrong I think it's the attitude to have regarding automatic but the more teams in among it obviously the less chance we have, at this moment in time I would take the playoffs with both hands.

• Like 1