BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 21/2/23

18 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I have just heard news on our injuries, Bradley Dack (hamstring) is out for a few weeks and BBD is doubtful. I heard an intelligent comment on this sight a few days ago, why not push Hedges deeper up front, he's shown potential but is played out of position for me. Or an alternative give Leonard his senior debut.

Up front this is what I'd try in this order:

1) Brereton up front

2) Hedges

3) Leonard (probably off the bench initially)

4) Dolan

5) Szmodics

6) Vale again

7) Ayala

8 ) literally anyone else

9) Gallagher

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I have just heard news on our injuries, Bradley Dack (hamstring) is out for a few weeks and BBD is doubtful. I heard an intelligent comment on this sight a few days ago, why not push Hedges deeper up front, he's shown potential but is played out of position for me. Or an alternative give Leonard his senior debut.

Too soft

46 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I suppose it's possible, hard to think that he won't get £30k from somewhere in Prem. That's nothing these days.

I think, what’s clear is that no one in the Prem fancies him. If they did, with the money floating about, someone would’ve taken him by now!

Ben is probably hoping for Spain, but looking down the barrel of France at the moment. If he can’t get a good enough offer from there then it absolutely makes sense for him to sign a £30k per week contract with us.

He hasn’t done much since November to tempt anyone to part with some cash. So maybe this contract offer has some legs?

Either way, if I was in charge at Rovers I’d encourage him to sign, provide the platform for him to have a grandstand finish to the season and take the highest bid, anyone was willing to pay in the summer. Knowing us, we’ll sign him up for another year, he’ll have a shit hot end to the season, Venkys will turn down every bud in the summer and then we’ll let him go for nowt, next summer!! 🙈

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think, what’s clear is that no one in the Prem fancies him. If they did, with the money floating about, someone would’ve taken him by now!

Ben is probably hoping for Spain, but looking down the barrel of France at the moment. If he can’t get a good enough offer from there then it absolutely makes sense for him to sign a £30k per week contract with us.

He hasn’t done much since November to tempt anyone to part with some cash. So maybe this contract offer has some legs?

Either way, if I was in charge at Rovers I’d encourage him to sign, provide the platform for him to have a grandstand finish to the season and take the highest bid, anyone was willing to pay in the summer. Knowing us, we’ll sign him up for another year, he’ll have a shit hot end to the season, Venkys will turn down every bud in the summer and then we’ll let him go for nowt, next summer!! 🙈

But signing a new deal means that teams do then have to part with cash. If his agent would even consider a year or two extra in the situation he is, then he isn't a very good agent.

Giving Brereton a one year deal of 30k a week is madness. Unless it's purely to make sure we can sell him... Pay the guy another 1.5 million quid and let him leave for free... again.

16 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Up front this is what I'd try in this order:

1) Brereton up front

2) Hedges

3) Leonard (probably off the bench initially)

4) Dolan

5) Szmodics

6) Vale again

7) Ayala

8 ) literally anyone else

9) Gallagher

i would give leonard a start in centre...he's in-form,young,hungry trying to prove himself with dolan or hedges behind him...BLACKPOOL is good chance to build confidence 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

But signing a new deal means that teams do then have to part with cash. If his agent would even consider a year or two extra in the situation he is, then he isn't a very good agent.

His agent is Wasserman who have hundreds after hundreds of players on their books. We don't know the full situation but maybe he wants local and here for the next season for family reasons. Maybe his move to Villarreal isn't on the table now. Who knows! 

Blackpool played a 4-2-3-1 formation and Bowler was on the bench. at the weekend I would go 4-2-3-1 formation for this game. 

It will be interesting in JRC comes back in. Maybe on the left side of the attack. Who will JDT play up front. 

I think we will win 2 nil tomorrow night

Edited by chaddyrovers

I only glanced at the Brereton article, but it just seemed a rehashing of Broughton’s comments a few weeks ago. Is this a supposedly new contract offer we’ve put to him?

Nobody would meet Venky’s asking price because Brereton is a technically unorthodox/poor player and players aren’t valued on their effectiveness these days. I’m sure there’ll be several top flight teams willing to take him on a free in the summer though. Only chance he plays for us next season is if we manage to go up.

13 minutes ago, belfast_rover said:

If we kept that £1.5m, would we be able to adequately replace him for that outlay alone ?

You'd think we could get a more conventional striker for that wage for a year tbh yes, loan or free agent.

But that would involve learning how to fill the forms in. Safer bet is to stick with BBD.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His agent is Wasserman who have hundreds after hundreds of players on their books. We don't know the full situation but maybe he wants local and here for the next season for family reasons. Maybe his move to Villarreal isn't on the table now. Who knows! 

It makes no sense to me without blue and white tinted glasses for him to tie himself down to any contract when he has a free market if he is a free agent, with clubs then able to give him a bit more personally as opposed to having to pay a fee.

The 1 year offer if true (big if) would be a desperate attempt having ignored bids in the past. If we did add a year on, that would be particularly brainless of him to agree with the condition that we would look to instantly sell, as that really would hinder his chances of picking a move, therefore it would just be a short term thing, essentially an expensive wage bill shattering loan.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, belfast_rover said:

If we kept that £1.5m, would we be able to adequately replace him for that outlay alone ?

Absolutely! You can get a decent striker at this level for half that wage. Trusting our lot to do it is different.

It stinks of begging your ex girlfriend to give you another chance... we all know how it ends. Cut ties and move on.

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Absolutely! You can get a decent striker at this level for half that wage. Trusting our lot to do it is different.

It stinks of begging your ex girlfriend to give you another chance... we all know how it ends. Cut ties and move on.

15k a week and a 750k transfer fee? What decent striker at this level would be available for that? Not to say it can't be done, but you have to take a fair gamble there. In England you'd be looking at someone washed up, or who hasn't fulfilled their early promise, and hope you can make them come good. Might be a few more promising propositions than that in Europe, but the work permit regulations make that number much smaller.

To use the analogy, I'd often rather ask the ex for a quick shag than go chatting up several women until one wants a relationship and hoping she's any better than the ex! But then, I'm jaded 😂

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It makes no sense to me without blue and white tinted glasses for him to tie himself down to any contract when he has a free market if he is a free agent, with clubs then able to give him a bit more personally as opposed to having to pay a fee.

The 1 year offer if true (big if) would be a desperate attempt having ignored bids in the past. If we did add a year on, that would be particularly brainless of him to agree with the condition that we would look to instantly sell, as that really would hinder his chances of picking a move, therefore it would just be a short term thing, essentially an expensive wage bill shattering loan.

No one is looking at this through Blue and white tinted glasses tho but looking at it from family point of view and the fact that he and his missus might want stability and stay in their current home and family around their new born child. Look at it from that view of point instead of the money side of everything. Money isn't everything to everyone. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Josh Maja. Free transfer as his contract is up this summer and he has scored goals at this level before. 

He has indeed scored goals at this level.  2 goals in 32 championship appearances.

Granted he also had a semi productive premier league spell at Fulham but there's no way he could be classed as a definitive like for like replacement for Díaz.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No one is looking at this through Blue and white tinted glasses tho but looking at it from family point of view and the fact that he and his missus might want stability and stay in their current home and family around their new born child. Look at it from that view of point instead of the money side of everything. Money isn't everything to everyone. 

Does a one year contract offer stability?

If he wants to stay local, I am sure that a few local clubs who can offer more money could entice him on a free. Change that to for multi millions and those potential suitors may look elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

15k a week and a 750k transfer fee? What decent striker at this level would be available for that? Not to say it can't be done, but you have to take a fair gamble there. In England you'd be looking at someone washed up, or who hasn't fulfilled their early promise, and hope you can make them come good. Might be a few more promising propositions than that in Europe, but the work permit regulations make that number much smaller.

To use the analogy, I'd often rather ask the ex for a quick shag than go chatting up several women until one wants a relationship and hoping she's any better than the ex! But then, I'm jaded 😂

Not for a 750k outlay probably not no... but that's not how football budgets work. It's 750k on top of whatever budget we have in summer, and you only take out of that the installment which is due there and then, not future installments. 

I think it's a no brainer personally, but I also said it was imperative we kept him in January, so maybe I can't quite make my mind up on the matter. Bit like you with your ex 🤣

49 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Gutted for Dack,really I am...the only one who looked like he gave a toss these last few weeks.

I'm like Dack but his attitude was very poor at West Brom. He played the showpony and almost cost us a goal with a ridiculous attempted pass across our box. He should have been subbed long before he came off. 

• Like 1