BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 21/2/23

Come on Rovers. Let's get those 3 points tonight. I think we win 2 nil tonight. Dolan with both.

On 20/02/2023 at 16:15, belfast_rover said:

He has indeed scored goals at this level.  2 goals in 32 championship appearances.

Granted he also had a semi productive premier league spell at Fulham but there's no way he could be classed as a definitive like for like replacement for Díaz.

Would be the number 9 we need. 

You won't replace BBD like for like but you can sign 2 players who will improve the team

On 20/02/2023 at 16:25, roversfan99 said:

Does a one year contract offer stability?

If he wants to stay local, I am sure that a few local clubs who can offer more money could entice him on a free. Change that to for multi millions and those potential suitors may look elsewhere.

Maybe for them yes. None of us know what BBD and partner is thinking. All guess work. You are looking at the way you would. Money first again

2 hours ago, BournemouthFanGoEasy said:

I'll give my review tomorrow. I am sure it will be good, Blackpool are there for the taking surely? 

You'd think so, but with only one signing in January combined with injuries and already few goals in the team even at full strength... Perhaps not.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Come on Rovers. Let's get those 3 points tonight. I think we win 2 nil tonight. Dolan with both.

Would be the number 9 we need. 

You won't replace BBD like for like but you can sign 2 players who will improve the team

Maybe for them yes. None of us know what BBD and partner is thinking. All guess work. You are looking at the way you would. Money first again

Everyone has to consider money, and most people will be attracted to it, naturally. But not even that, if it comes to career ambition, there will be better options. Makes no sense to commit here at this stage for a year or two.

Pretty sure McCarthy will have enough to set Blackpool up to nullify our abysmal attack. No BBD (assuming he does miss out) and no Dack makes his task even easier. 

We might have enough to keep it out at the other end, so likely a 0-0 with no attempts on goal for us.

---------------------Pears 

Brittain----Ayala-----Hyam----Pickering 

------JRC--------Travis-------Hedges 

------Dolan----Gallagher----Thomas 

Not mad about that middle 3 but Buckley and Morton are often passengers, get Brittain back in the side but keep JRC involved. Don't think Hedges gets used enough either.

Edit: cheers @Mashed Potatoes

Edited by davulsukur

16 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Pretty McCarthy will have enough to set Blackpool up to nullify our abysmal attack. No BBD (assuming he does miss out) and no Dack makes his task even easier. 

We might have enough to keep it out at the other end, so likely a 0-0 with no attempts on goal for us.

---------------------Pears 

Brittain----Ayala-----Hyam----Pickering 

------JRC--------Travis-------Hedges 

------Dolan----Gallagher----Thomas 

Not mad about that middle 3 but Buckley and Morton are often passengers, get Brittain back in the side but keep JRC involved. Don't think Hedges gets used enough either.

First time in history that Mick McCarthy will have been called pretty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

First time in history that Mick McCarthy will have been called pretty.

Yup. Having met him last year, I can confirm he has the looks and charisma of an onion bag.

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

image.thumb.jpeg.79b5ddc2da89a9803a2b614cf3f06147.jpeg

Sheeeeeet! We ain't scoring a hat ful with that line up 🙄

Let's hope JDT has been drilling the lads in the fine art of connecting with crosses, in training this week.

There is literally NO goal threat to come off the bench there. I'm hoping Calamity Gallagher will somehow notch by osmosis, and that the busy combo of Sammi and Tyrrhis will confuse and befuddle the Pool defence into making silly mistakes that can simply be rolled in.

Why we don't have a big old blood and thunder evil bastard up front I have no idea - someone to blast the nets to oblivion, someone to take the goalie's hands off with his desire to score...

But we do have Vale on the bench.

SHHHEEEEEETTTT!

COYB!