BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

The selling point is the 7th placed highest finish in a decade of championship football with a hungry young team based around our own Academy.

Quite an easy sell really compared to the blandness of the recent past so if you are going to do a bold deal to rebuild the season ticket base now is the time. They didn't want to know after lge one promotion when that was probably the best time ever so no chance now.

That lad can have as many bright ideas as he wants if he was so inclined but he'll not get them past the fat controller, shadow man of the owners. 

He'll probably leave in 12 months time for Doncaster or Carlisle !

• Backroom
5 hours ago, J*B said:

The 24 year old man tasked with convincing you, Rovers fans, to part with your hard earned money. 

Systematic dumbing down from top to bottom. Promoted to Head of a Department after 12 months paid employment at Bournemouth. Incredible. 

He looks like he should still be getting his head flushed down the loo at school!

• Like 1

Head of Marketing after a year's experience is almost unheard of, especially in a company with multi-million pound turnover. 

There doesn't seem to be much imagination, mind. A minor price decrease at gunpoint with the deadline bafflingly a few hours after the season finale. So the season we finally released them a bit early had a ridiculous deadline before reverting to last year's extortionate prices. And to add insult to injury, at the end of May there's actually a price rise. Did they hope we'd make the Prem and they could justify it?

Living in Cardiff, I am still umming and ahhing. My brother (who I share the ST with) is moving to Manchester, so might miss some of the ludicrously timed games (Sky's fault on that count), reducing justification for a ticket. There's also no Burnley game to worry about getting priority for. The prospect of further price rises isn't exactly swaying me, especially given the very disappointing end to the season and a general bit of 'football fatigue'. By the time I'm excited again I'll be paying a considerable amount more than if I renewed in April.

To cap it off, it appears from online posts that V12 (who I've had no issues with previously) are being extra stringent this time, so I might not even be eligible for finance if my experience is similar to others. With an upcoming wedding, forking out over north of £400 in one fell swoop just doesn't appeal.

As we've all said, Bolton and Preston have shown the way. Even Burnley were considerably cheaper last year (and presumably this year). You can add Bradford and Huddersfield as other towns with similar demographics that have priced sensibly and reaped the rewards. Fat chance of that here - they'd rather keep reducing the numbers if it means minor increases in revenue, which is an absolutely woeful long-term strategy that will just lead to a bottoming out in renewal numbers, a worse atmosphere and less people engaging with the club. As fans drift off, they often don't come back!

It is beyond frustrating. Remember the days of John Williams? Taking back Ewood? Now we prioritise very marginal 'revenue targets' over atmosphere, the overall matchday experience and general enjoyment of going. I'd be much more likely to renew in a lively, sizeably crowded Ewood rather the half empty rafts of empty seats we see now. I'm fully aware I'm ranting now, but how many young fans are going to catch the bug going to Ewood at the moment? There is no long-term thinking at the club at all. I remember as a teenager being stood in the Darwen End, enjoying the atmosphere and having a laugh - there were heaps of young fans there who inevitably caught the bug. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23514025.blackburn-rovers-notebook-junior-tchamadeu-season-ticket-sales/

The fact the club are trying to spin it as a success by saying we’ve ‘beaten the target of 6,000 by early bird deadline’ says it all. Absolutely pathetic operation down there.

It’s easy to meet (and even beat) a target if you’ve set it yourself. 

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Thats quite remarkable having a 24 year old in a 'head of' role - I bet his salary doesn't reflect that type of role though.  There was a Marketing Assistant role advertised recently which I looked at to be nosey about the salary but it wasn't mentioned, it'll be another on the cheap though.

The below are listed as some of the responsibilities (for this junior role):

• To conduct competitive research and analyse benchmarking data against best practice (LOL)
  • To utilise marketing analytic techniques to gather important data for strategic decision-making (also LOL)
  • Identify database growth opportunities to increase our reach (this is getting silly now)
  • Analyse the supporter database to identify opportunities for better communications and engagement with supporters (I think you get the picture by now)

So there you have it........

How about this ‘responsibility’ for the Head of Marketing role:

’Cultivate the customer journey, attracting and capturing new fans, converting fans into customers and growing customer relationships’

Does anyone feel like they’ve been ‘converted’??

Edit - they obviously overlooked this ‘requirement’:

’high level of knowledge in Marketing with a proven track record of working within a senior marketing position’ (the bit in bold is described as ‘essential’)

Edited by wilsdenrover

I had the same thought when I saw the new recruitment team and their backgrounds in the game, as I do now seeing the Head of Marketing.

Amateur hour.

Is it any wonder the marketing side of things leaves a lot to be desired?

Is it any wonder this brand spanking new recruitment team has nothing much to show for the last two windows?

I'm struggling to understand this price rise at the end of May but we aren't going to tell you how much routine.

Has any other club adopted such a haphazard approach to season tickets?

It neatly sums up the fact that they are making it up as they go along. It seems to me that they have reserved the right to slap a hefty price increase on at the end of the month in the event we managed to make the play-offs and got through them. Obviously with play-off final day being end of the month they wanted to wait until then and then if we pulled off the miracle and got up Waggott could then celebrate that achievement by charging everyone a load more off the back of promotion.

Of course totally cynical and exploitative, not the sort of behaviour you would expect to see from a club desperate to grow attendances and once awash with PL cash ticket revenue becomes even less useful.

I remember Dave Whelan saying a few years ago that such was the insignificance of Wigans ticket revenues whilst in the PL that he was contemplating a time when they could give STs away and it would barely make a difference to their operation. That's the view of a successful bloke who loved the game and his club and wanted more people watching. Meanwhile Waggott, with no track record in business or football worth shouting about, would prefer to use PL promotion as a way to cash in.

He just makes it up as he goes along. I predict that if we get to late June and sales aren't as high as he expected or budgeted for he will come up with some other off the hoof scheme to try and bolster income. He tried the 'jackpot' stunt where buying a ST entered you into a prize draw and his other one is to concoct the 1875 membership to rake in a few quid more from the most loyal fans.

What a repulsive individual he is.

• Like 3

Plymouth at home on a Wednesday night red button = sub 10k crowd at this sale rate.

Makes my blood boil looking at the seat map and thinking they're actually happy with this! They should be ashamed.

If you purchased individual tickets for each game last season it would be £575 at original prices. Then a few went cheaper (Luton £20 instead of £25, Norwich £20 instead of £25, Reading £10 or £15? instead of £20, and then probably a few more I've missed too). So in reality it would be about £550 if you bought every single ticket individually.

You'd have to attend 19 of the 23 matches to make it value to buy at £429 (and it probably won't be value at all at the next price increase). There isn't really any other benefits to a season ticket, the stadium doesn't sell out and you'll likely get any away ticket you want now Burnley are gone.

Edited by superniko

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I remember Dave Whelan saying a few years ago that such was the insignificance of Wigans ticket revenues whilst in the PL that he was contemplating a time when they could give STs away and it would barely make a difference to their operation. That's the view of a successful bloke who loved the game and his club and wanted more people watching. Meanwhile Waggott, with no track record in business or football worth shouting about, would prefer to use PL promotion as a way to cash in.

£2.45m revenue we made from ST and half ST this season just gone, and that was allegedly the most since PL relegation. It's absolute sweet F-all in the grand scheme, and so easy to recoup the same amount with cheaper tickets.

We'll save more than £2.45m a year in wages from Dack/Ayala/Diaz (2 of which barely need replacing).

Edited by superniko

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I had the same thought when I saw the new recruitment team and their backgrounds in the game, as I do now seeing the Head of Marketing.

Is it any wonder this brand spanking new recruitment team has nothing much to show for the last two windows?

Slow down, most of that recruitment team wasn't even in place for last summer window and in January we needed a couple of signings which GB failed to deliver on bringing in a striker. 

According to GB all the transfer lists are down, budget agreed already for the summer transfer window so hopefully in the next 6 weeks we will bring in a couple of signings before pre-season

Just 4 "new" seats marked as unavailable in the last 24 hours.

We need people in Ewood who care about supporters and, in a nutshell, quit with the penny-pinching from supporters and make season tickets more affordable. I see a flyer with adult season tickets from £429. That's not enticing whatsoever. The rate of new unavailable seats tell you that. We'll sell close to none in Phase 3.

Phase out the phases and you might get somewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Just 4 "new" seats marked as unavailable in the last 24 hours.

We need people in Ewood who care about supporters and, in a nutshell, quit with the penny-pinching from supporters and make season tickets more affordable. I see a flyer with adult season tickets from £429. That's not enticing whatsoever. The rate of new unavailable seats tell you that. We'll sell close to none in Phase 3.

4?

Jesus Christ, this is embarrassing!

31 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Just 4 “new" seats marked as unavailable in the last 24 hours.

The flyer doesn’t even say ‘from’ - it just has the cheapest price for each age category.

Edited by wilsdenrover

10 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Steve Waggott has acknowledged the email. He says he wants to digest and then give consideration to the points I raised,

Least he has read it and responded in person

The question still needs to be asked at the fans forum meeting.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Plymouth at home on a Wednesday night red button = sub 10k crowd at this sale rate.

Makes my blood boil looking at the seat map and thinking they're actually happy with this! They should be ashamed.

If the seat map makes your blood boil now wait until after the claim your seat deadline when all the non renewed seats become available!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If the seat map makes your blood boil now wait until after the claim your seat deadline when all the non renewed seats become available!

At this rate, we are going to struggle to advance beyond 7,000 any time soon. Just 8 more "unavailable" seats in the last 24 hours or so.

I cannot see how we will sell significantly more unless prices come down, or an offer is re-opened to last season's non-renewers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, goozburger said:

At this rate, we are going to struggle to advance beyond 7,000 any time soon. Just 8 more "unavailable" seats in the last 24 hours or so.

I cannot see how we will sell significantly more unless prices come down, or an offer is re-opened to last season's non-renewers.

Should have been the same price all summer. Not rocket science was it? 

bolton supporting mate of mine said the breezeblock is near to a sell out tommorow,season tickets are flying out of the club shop and they expect to sell between 15-18 thousand,not hard is it when you the pricing right and the right people behind the scenes,they`ve come out of their **** ownership,i f*****g wish we would

• Like 2

Ask youself this fellow board members...

Why the hell are Rovers fans having to write in to the CEO telling him where he is going wrong with season ticket prices?

Does that sit right with anyone?...this is a man who is reputedly receiving £200-300k per annum to have his ear to the ground and you would think be pro-active with its loyal customers.

Waggott is so out of touch with the fan base and demograpics of the area its fucking unreal.

We are constantly having to tell the lunatics how to run this Club Circus!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5